Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Gotcha.

To be honest I don't really want any of the ex coaches turned TV commentator that keep getting thrown around as a candidate.

If you look at Gruden- He had a SB year with Tampa that happened the year Dungy left and after that he pretty much lost the team and was all but run out of Tampa. I have no faith in him building a team from the ground up and if you watch his QB challenge programs and the way he gushes over guys like Ponder, Gabbert, Tebow etc I have serious doubts about his ability to do any better with the position than what we are getting.
    Gruden does like your boy Cousins. He spit out this gem earlier this year:

Jon Gruden on ESPN: "If I were a coach, I'd offer a first-round pick to the Redskins to get Kirk Cousins on my team."
    10:38 AM - 19 Aug 2013
    We'll have our QB problem fixed in no time.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    He has only 2 season with a losing record in his career, both of those was largely because of injuries and bad QB play.. In 2004 he had Brad Johnson and Chris Simms go down and he ended up playing Brian Griese for a bunch of games and in 2006 he had Chris Simms as his starting QB and had to bench him for Bruce Gradkowski early in the season.

Gruden is a winner and deserves another chance. He knows the game and how to get it done. I think it would be great to see Gruden here along with a young QB he can groom into his system.
    Gruden in TB- 2003 7-9, 2004 5-11, 2006 4-12. That makes three losing seasons of his 11. Throw in two 8-8s and two 9-7s and you still have a coach that's barely over .500. You can make all the excuses you want for him but it's an average at best track record. I'm not saying he's a terrible coach, only he ain't our guy. Besides, he'll want total control over players and that won't happen in Minnesota. Gruden's track record simply doesn't live up to the hype.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Gruden in TB- 2003 7-9, 2004 5-11, 2006 4-12. That makes three losing seasons of his 11. Throw in two 8-8s and two 9-7s and you still have a coach that's barely over .500. You can make all the excuses you want for him but it's an average at best track record. I'm not saying he's a terrible coach, only he ain't our guy. Besides, he'll want total control over players and that won't happen in Minnesota. Gruden's track record simply doesn't live up to the hype.
    +1

I am not sure why ( And this is not directed at Skum) our fan base is so quick to latch onto any and every mediocre player or coach who has their name brought up by the media as the cure to our ills. Personally I am road weary over the constant call for the latest flavor of the week to be brought in and fix things when if you look at what they have really done in their careers there is nothing indicating they can do or have done what needs to be done here.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Gotta admit, i don't hate the idea of hiring Chucky....don't think we WILL, but he's the best of the big name choices IMHO.

Sadly, until the Wilfs die off or are bought out (or go to prison), I afraid we're fucked. F-U-C-K-E-D. I have zero faith in their ability to hire the right person.

Go ahead, Zygi. Make me be wrong - PLEASE!!!!!

Caine

HEY, we WON one....

Time to give Frazier that contract extension!!!!

Way to go, Wilf!!! You sure know how to pick 'em!!!

Superbowl, here we come!!!!

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    HEY, we WON one....

Time to give Frazier that contract extension!!!!

Way to go, Wilf!!! You sure know how to pick 'em!!!

Superbowl, here we come!!!!

Caine
    They picked up his option for 2014 last February.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings fans look at Leslie Frazier and see losses. I see a winner.

Joe Soucheray: Vikings fans look at Leslie Frazier and see losses. I see a winner. - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Joe should be tarred and feathered.

I love how Joe calle Frazier a "Winner", but fails to qualify it other than to say that HE believes he will win.

Way to support your headline, you hack!!!

We all agree that leslie is a nice guy. No one hates Leslie as a person.

But his teams LOSE.

His coaching choices SUCK.

His selected coordinators are TERRIBLE.

But, hey, he's a really nice guy, so we should keep him on....we can be the nicest cellar-dweller team in the NFL....right Joe?

Stupidest article yet.

Caine

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I love how Joe calle Frazier a "Winner", but fails to qualify it other than to say that HE believes he will win.

Way to support your headline, you hack!!!

We all agree that leslie is a nice guy. No one hates Leslie as a person.

But his teams LOSE.

His coaching choices SUCK.

His selected coordinators are TERRIBLE.

But, hey, he's a really nice guy, so we should keep him on....we can be the nicest cellar-dweller team in the NFL....right Joe?

Stupidest article yet.

Caine
    Amen brother!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast