Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Caine and smegmavike are right on. Since 2000 92 wins and 100 losses don't cut it. Time for a drastic change starting with GM and coaching staff.
    Who do you trust to hire them?

highdesertvike is offline Training Camp
    Fire ALL the coaches...keep Sugar.

1. For the love of all that is Holy, PLEASE bring in a HC that has experience (AND a modicum of success) being a HC!!!

2. Hire IMAGINATIVE AND FLEXIBLE O and D Coordinators.

3. Give fair offers to retired stud players to come in as coaches for their respective positions.

As for the players: Keep Peterson, Rudolph, Patterson, Kalil, Sullivan, Greenway, Robison, J. Allen, H. Smith, Rhodes, E. Griffen, Floyd, and Walsh. Make the rest fight for roster spots.

I'm sure there will be disagreements to this....bottom line, though? This team is a dumpster fire that NEEDS to be put out and have the rebuilding process started BEFORE they move into the new stadium.
    An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Afraid we have no choice on that one. Wilf probably should hire a consultant to assist in the decision making process.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    So sad to wake up today without seeing the headline "Wilf Cleans House".

If back to back abortions on national TV won't get someone fired, then I guess Frazier gets to keep watching a lot more tape without fixing anything.

RK.
    RK. is online now Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Afraid we have no choice on that one. Wilf probably should hire a consultant to assist in the decision making process.
    He should hire Bud Grant and Tony Dungee to find him a head coach.

WWBGD

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    And not that Frazier hasn't already convinced everyone that he's worse than Childress when it comes to late game management, but Frazier elected not to go for 2 after the Gerhart TD which would have made it a 2 score game. Nope he kicked the PAT which kept it a 3 score game. What difference does it make you ask? Well he then kicked an onside kick. Does that make any sense? Pure stupidity, or is he just bad at math too?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Not the Wilfs. After Frazier, they are my "Most Hated". in fact, I don't actually hate Frazier, I like him...just not as a Coach on this team.

But the Wilfs?

It's approaching pure, unadulterated hatred.

They have, in my humble opinion, crapped all over this team and this fan base for the past seven years.

By handicapping the franchise by installing their family members in multiple key executive positions, then by refusing to recognize their own repeated failures, they have perpetuated a culture of losing and mediocrity...

..and have shown no signs of altering that tradition.

Firing frazier won't save this team.... Firing the Wilfs will.

Caine

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Not the Wilfs. After Frazier, they are my "Most Hated". in fact, I don't actually hate Frazier, I like him...just not as a Coach on this team.

But the Wilfs?

It's approaching pure, unadulterated hatred.

They have, in my humble opinion, crapped all over this team and this fan base for the past seven years.

By handicapping the franchise by installing their family members in multiple key executive positions, then by refusing to recognize their own repeated failures, they have perpetuated a culture of losing and mediocrity...

..and have shown no signs of altering that tradition.

Firing frazier won't save this team.... Firing the Wilfs will.

Caine
    Plain and simple this team is fuked.

Item: We have owners that are developers. There main objective was to buy the team, get a new stadium, fuk the ticket holders with PSL's, and cash in. There are football illiterate, see hire Childress as the only interview. Go on the cheap and hire Frasier, a coach with ZERO credentials to show he is an NFL head coach except for the Rooney rule.

Item: Leslie is a uninspiring zombie on the sidelines and makes Tony Dungy look like Crazy Bob in comparison. He is stuck in the 80's thinking that type of football can win in todays game. He's lost reality.

Item: The Tampa 2 defense is a thing of the past unless you put major wrinkles in it. Long gone are the days of Ronnie Lott intimidating play over the middle. The aspect of it WAS to keep everything in front and blow the receivers up if they dared disrespect the middle of the field. Those days are over with the no hit rules of todays game.

Item: Bill Musty has never and I say never been successful anywhere he has been. He is a hasbin like Leslie and is another living off others coat tails. Frasier off of Dungy's, and Billy off of his so called development of Matt Ryan. How's that gone?

Item: The upper management and ownership is totally inept in a football sence. Wilf is going to take this state to the cleaners and make more and more terrible decisions while the benefit from a new stadium that will get filled for a few years just out of curiosity... They best make some good decisions because those two years at TCF are going to be brutal. They are just lucky that it only holds 55 k at max..

Item... I hate to say it but we are the new Detroit... Get used to it....

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    He should hire Bud Grant and Tony Dungee to find him a head coach.
    I'd rather it be Grant and Parcells... not Dungy, or else we're just gonna end up with someone exactly like Frazier again. Since you know, Frazier is basically Tony Dungy without Peyton Manning and 6-7 years past the Tampa-2's shelf life.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I find myself not agreeing.

We've got talent, we've got more good players than quite a few teams. Problem is they don't play as a team together, they have no fire or desire to win.

On offense, obviously we've got Peterson, Kalil was great last year, but declined this year? It's not like he got less skilled over the summer. Jennings/Simpson are talented receivers, but have done next to nothing this year. Patterson is raw at receiver, but explosive as a returner. Rudolph is a great TE for us, and witha reliable offense, would be an elite TE in the league. Our backup RB is looking pretty good.

On Defense, Chad and Erin play very well, Allen, KW, Griffen and Robison are four very good linemen, Harrison Smith is a top-10 Safety in the league, and we've got a rookie first round CB who is raw, but CAN develop into a good player.

We've got the talent, we've got the physical skill, just no coaching and no leadership. Our vets have packed it in with the exception of AP, who still plays every down 100%.

We need a GM with a vision, and coaches with direction. We need a system that players will buy into, and a guy they want to win for.

Last year, when we were winning, our skilled players were playing great ball. They haven't regressed from a skills point of view, they just don't play together well anymore.
    +1

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast