Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Get rid of him now.

What a complete assembly of buffoons.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Finally we have this thread! There's plenty of blame to go around, but good grief Frazier should be fired for this teams piss poor 3rd quarter performances alone. I've never seen a team so seemingly clueless, unprepared, and out coached at the start of the 2nd half of every single game. We're a missed chip shot away from being 1-9 (yes we would've lost in OT). Frazier has this franchise on pace to out suck the 1 term Steckle regime.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I did not like the Frazier zone defenses under Childress, and they are no better now with less talent. I am unimpressed with the Vikings offensive gameplan, and the special teams play is not great either.

The Vikings have mediocre players, mediocre coaches, and a personnel staff that is lacking. The Vikings need to start at the top by hiring a top flight GM and let the GM decide how this should play out.
    Last edited by Minniman; 11-20-2011 at 10:25 PM.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Eh... I have mixed feelings about this.

While I do think Fraizer can be a good head coach, I don't think he will be in Minnesota. We need to clean-house of the entire Childress regime leftovers.

First and foremost though, we need to get rid of Rick Spielman and start building a young team through the draft. Spielman is completely unable to recognize and scout talent... other than obvious players (Harvin, Peterson, even Ponder).

This should be a "Fire Spielman" thread.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    To be fair, Fraizer was left with a shell of a team, and Spielman hit a wall against the new cap system. That stated, I dislike both the offensive and defensive schemes the Vikings use, and I cringe every time the Vikings take the field on special teams.

One has to ask, are the 49ers just that much more talented than the Vikings? I know the NFC West division is weak, but the coaching changes there have made an early positive impact, while the Vikings through Frazier, and Childress before him, did not.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Shortwell goofs on a FG
    Wrong. Kluwe fucked up the hold.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravikingfan View Post
    Get rid of him now.
    Hey, Marty ticks me off, too, but isn't that a bit extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by ultravikingfan View Post
    What a complete assembly of buffoons.
    Not a nice thing to say about PPO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vking1 is offline Waterboy
    It's only Frazier's first year, and Childress left this team a mess. The Vikings need a serious upgrade on the O-line to open holes for Adrien Peterson and give Ponder time to throw. The Vikings also need a serious. upgrade in the secondary. The will not contend until these issues are fixed, regardless of who is coach.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Teams are winning with less talent my friend. Lets not forget, only 8 starters have left this team since the 2009 team.

Nope, not a talent issue. This is all on the coaches not making sure the little things are being taken care of. Again, the Rudy "Not getting set" is a prime example of this. I bet if we had access we would see they did the same thing in practice and the coaches didn't run it until they had it right.
    Several starters on this team wouldn't make the roster on many other teams. Talent, or the lack there of, plays a key role in the coaching staffs ineptitude. The coaches just seem to exacerbate rather than ameliorate the players fundamental lack of ability.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    That INT Ponder should have stayed with his second read as he came open over the middle at the same instant he started to scramble right into trouble. Then he forced a across the body throw into triple coverage late to a receiver that wasn't even open.

Again, players making bad decisions because of piss poor coaching.

Stay with your reads Ponder for cripes sake.
    Ponder is a rookie. No more needs to be said except that he would look much better if he had some protection, in all likelyhood.
    We need to grant Ponder a bit of patience.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast