Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The Official Fire Darrell Bevell Thread

Might as well can everyone and start over

Re: The Official Fire Darrell Bevell Thread

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Might as well can everyone and start over
    Hear Hear!!! I mean really, how good is it going to feel to get our team back? All the Favre BS, retire, not retire, Childress's Bs, I mean, DAMN!!! New coach, new blood, a QB that isn't a late-night talk show joke..... Then maybe 'Vikes fans can actually talk about how our team is doing on the FOOTBALL field. It's like Favre and Chilly hijacked the franchise. Ziggy needs to get it back ASAP!
    Tuco the world.....

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

How does this guy call the plays? Honestly... The only one who could do a worse job is Brad Childress himself. We need to keep Frazier, Bieniemy, and Dunbar. The rest need to go! Great thread

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Chillywhacked is offline Waterboy

WTF?

1st down...Run
    2nd down...Run
    3rd down...Pass
    4th down...PUNT!

How the f**k is that a gameplan...????
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Chillywhacked wrote:
    WTF?

1st down...Run
    2nd down...Run
    3rd down...Pass
    4th down...PUNT!

Well it isn't like there are alot of other options. You either run or you pass.

Seriously, I saw alot of neat stuff this year, especially in the Cards game.

In the passing sets we had TE's split wide with WR's in close so they could rub/scrape thier defenders which created nice mismatches and helped in the YAC area.

In the running game we saw some real nice misdirection runs. Heck the the two plays were they had the same set/look but passed and ran to Toby out of it in back to back plays was pretty cool.

To sit here and hack on play calling without looking at the meat of the play is kindof silly if you ask me. Unless of course you are trying to be silly.

MulletMullitia wrote:
    How does this guy call the plays? Honestly... The only one who could do a worse job is Brad Childress himself. We need to keep Frazier, Bieniemy, and Dunbar. The rest need to go! Great thread
    What? You must be trying to be funny as well.

Frazier.......With the talent on this DL even I could come up with a better rotation, even to the point that they would stumble into a few gimme sacks.

Theenimy......He was the cat who had his headset off when the package was changed in the NFFC game and sent the wrong RB package out.

Dunbar........See my comment on Leslie. That dude has the most talented group of players out there and yet they suck.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Jereamiah wrote:
    Hear Hear!!! I mean really, how good is it going to feel to get our team back? All the Favre BS, retire, not retire, Childress's Bs, I mean, DAMN!!! New coach, new blood, a QB that isn't a late-night talk show joke..... Then maybe 'Vikes fans can actually talk about how our team is doing on the FOOTBALL field. It's like Favre and Chilly hijacked the franchise. Ziggy needs to get it back ASAP!
    I think your on to something my friend.

Instead of just building through the draft and sprinkling in a few vets here and there, we sure have been "Sign the Big Name Vet" happy of late.

Almost to the point that I feel were are turning into the Deadskins.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    Chillywhacked wrote:
    WTF?

1st down...Run
    2nd down...Run
    3rd down...Pass
    4th down...PUNT!

In the passing sets we had TE's split wide with WR's in close so they could rub/scrape thier defenders which created nice mismatches and helped in the YAC area.

In the running game we saw some real nice misdirection runs. Heck the the two plays were they had the same set/look but passed and ran to Toby out of it in back to back plays was pretty cool.

To sit here and hack on play calling without looking at the meat of the play is kindof silly if you ask me. Unless of course you are trying to be silly.

MulletMullitia wrote:

Frazier.......With the talent on this DL even I could come up with a better rotation, even to the point that they would stumble into a few gimme sacks.

Theenimy......He was the cat who had his headset off when the package was changed in the NFFC game and sent the wrong RB package out.

Dunbar........See my comment on Leslie. That dude has the most talented group of players out there and yet they suck.
    I kind of agree on Leslie, marr, but (and this is just my opinion), the defensive coordinator runs the type of defense that the head coach wants as his system. Leslie did not play in a cover two scheme. He played in the 46.
    I also remember reading some time age that leslie did not use the cover two as a college head coach. It was with Dungy at Indy that he began coaching the Tampa two, and that was why childress picked him up. So that Leslie could run the system here.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I agree 100% Marshall.

And as far as Bevell goes, I don't really know what the guy is capable of on his own. Which is why I'd love to see Chilly gone ASAP. Bevell has always been subordinate to Childress, who was his college QB coach or OC when he played QB at Wisconsin. He's always been subordinate to him, and was brought on as a puppet. It's like if Buddy Ryan hired Singletary to be his DC, we all know who's really making the decisions.

One thing that I've seen a bunch of times over the past few seasons that pisses me off to no end and might be the stupidest move in the history of offensive football is this:
    Run with Peterson on first or second down, put in Chester Taylor or Toby Gerhart for a PLAY ACTION PASS. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!

You'd think that maybe, just maybe, if you want the defense to bite on the playfake that you would keep the best running back in the league in there? No? Put in the third down back instead, they won't be able to tell the difference. It's idiotic. It's so frustrating that I walk away from the game for a few plays when I see it happen.

marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Chillywhacked wrote:
    WTF?

1st down...Run
    2nd down...Run
    3rd down...Pass
    4th down...PUNT!

MulletMullitia wrote:

I kind of agree on Leslie, marr, but (and this is just my opinion), the defensive coordinator runs the type of defense that the head coach wants as his system. Leslie did not play in a cover two scheme. He played in the 46.
    I also remember reading some time age that leslie did not use the cover two as a college head coach. It was with Dungy at Indy that he began coaching the Tampa two, and that was why childress picked him up. So that Leslie could run the system here.
    No worries my friend. Everything on here is just an opinion. If it wasn't, we would all be coaching someplace....

As to your discussion point.

Something I never thought to check on, what type of scheme Leslie ran. Interesting.

Problem is, it might highlight why the defense is failing. Maybe just maybe Leslie can't coach up the cover 2.

If that is the case, then I think the FO pukes should recognize that and work with the Chiller to make a change either with regard to the scheme or his selection as the coordinator.

Think about it for a second. Those guys (FO Pukes) get players to max the scheme. The coaches have a say in which players that the FO Pukes select out of those candidates so obviously the players fit the scheme and the FO pukes are doing thier job.

If the scheme isn't working then you have to look at the coaches in charge of that scheme. In this case, Leslie, as most on here contend he has the freedom to do it all by himself with very little guidance from the Chiller.

I tend to agree with that assesment by the way, thus the Title he was given as Asst Head Coach. Only one other player has that title and that cat isn't the O-coord.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    I agree 100% Marshall.

And as far as Bevell goes, I don't really know what the guy is capable of on his own. Which is why I'd love to see Chilly gone ASAP. Bevell has always been subordinate to Childress, who was his college QB coach or OC when he played QB at Wisconsin. He's always been subordinate to him, and was brought on as a puppet. It's like if Buddy Ryan hired Singletary to be his DC, we all know who's really making the decisions.
    Your making alot of good sense there, but you could also say that the Chiller, even though he has his fingers in the Offense more than he does the defense, really lets Bevs call the game and as I pointed out a few posts ago, we are seeing alot of interesting sets/uses of players on that side of the ball.

If we wouldn't have so many turnovers in the redzone, we would be right up there in stats this year.

One thing that I've seen a bunch of times over the past few seasons that pisses me off to no end and might be the stupidest move in the history of offensive football is this:
    Run with Peterson on first or second down, put in Chester Taylor or Toby Gerhart for a PLAY ACTION PASS. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!

You'd think that maybe, just maybe, if you want the defense to bite on the playfake that you would keep the best running back in the league in there? No? Put in the third down back instead, they won't be able to tell the difference. It's idiotic. It's so frustrating that I walk away from the game for a few plays when I see it happen.
    I have seen alot of times were they have left AD out there and we have only seen Toby come in and it wasn't just for one play. Each game he comes in and stays for atleast a full series or two.

I think that has alot more to do with his (Bevs) comfort level of what each RB can do than it does the plays being called.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast