Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Childress Could Get Extended During the Bye Week

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    seriously though, if Zygi extends Chilly now, I lose faith in him as an owner.
    I think, if Chilly doesn't at least make the playoffs and win one game, he should go.
    Withthe talent we have, no reason we shouldn't make the second round at least.
    If we don't, something(one) needs to be changed.
    I'm all for giving Childress a chance to prove himself, but so far he hasn't done that.
    The season is 17 weeks long, not 5.
    if we go undefeated into the bye (8-0) we could still end up 8-8 and have a coach re-signed for another 4 years.
    Not what I want.
    I agree.
    He hasn't done anything great so far.
    As C mac likes to point out, we do have a roster chalk full of talent.
    It wouldn't take an NFL mastermind to be successful with what we've got.
    Sure Chilly deserves a little credit for the roster, but no where near enough to resign him.

It would really suck to start all over so one thing that would be important is finding a coach that shares some of Chilly's philosophys...I think most of us can agree it's a recipe for championships, but perhaps somebody who executes the players a little better come game day, and better clock management may be important.
    We definitely need to let the season play out.
    For him to be safe we need to win a couple of playoff games.
    Mooch
    Cowher

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I think, if Chilly doesn't at least make the playoffs and win one game, he should go.
    I'm all for giving Childress a chance to prove himself, but so far he hasn't done that.
    if we go undefeated into the bye (8-0) we could still end up 8-8 and have a coach re-signed for another 4 years.
    Not what I want.
    I agree.
    Sure Chilly deserves a little credit for the roster, but no where near enough to resign him.

It would really suck to start all over so one thing that would be important is finding a coach that shares some of Chilly's philosophys...I think most of us can agree it's a recipe for championships, but perhaps somebody who executes the players a little better come game day, and better clock management may be important.
    Mooch
    Cowher
    I like Cowher as the coach, I don't like Cowher if he brings in his schemes.
    He ran a 3-4 D
    and a run and gun offense.
    Ours is based around a zone blocking run game, and a west coast passing attack.
    We don't have the personell for a 3-4 D.
    If Cowher comes, it means another 3 years of rebuilding.
    Mooch ran the WCO in San Fran with great success, and a 4-3 D.
    he doesn't even have to fiddle with the D, thats Fraizer's job.
    He's not a bad coach, he got canned in Detroit because they had a mastermind making the decisions.
    I think he's the best fit out of the available coaches, better than Cowher or Marty.

Another option would also be Holmgren.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

im not really a fan of mooch.. I never liked chilly, and was always a chilly hater. but i like what he has done with the team this season. Thats the biggest problem we have, is chilly has done a good job with THIS SEASON. what happens when favre retires, then what? Please dont say Tarvaris will take over, cuz hes had his chances and blew it. Sage is nothing more than a backup at best.

If things dont work out with Chilly and we dont win atleast 1 playoff game, then hes gotta go. I would love to see either of these 3 guys.. Gruden, Shanahan or Cowher.

To be realistic, im no genius but something tells me that Jim Zorn isnt going to last long in Washington, so knowing the tendencies of Daniel Snyder and with money being a non-factor, more than likely one of those top 3 coaches will be gone.

Another guy i would love to have, but he would never come out of retirement is Jimmy Johnson. I live in miami and he stays down here. One of my friends met him and he said that he doesnt want to come back, hes happy with living a comfy life on his boat. but he said some owners can just throw so much cash at you that its hard to turn down. but so far that has happened and he has turned it down.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Not what I want.
    I agree.

Mooch
    Cowher
    Dungy

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Not what I want.
    I agree.

Mooch
    Cowher

Dungy
    Dungy

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53643.msg1005182#msg1005182 date=1255542319]
    Not what I want.
    I agree.

Mooch
    Cowher

Dungy
    Dungy
    [/quote]

Chucky
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    Am I missing something here? Chilli comes in and we go 6-10 then 8-8 the 10-6 and so far this year 5-0. This isn't some sort of complex algorithm or mystical math it's called simply improvement. It's not even erratic it's two more games every year. To me that's what a coach is supposed to do...improve the team. Wow, talkin about a tough crowd.
    Hey, haven't you heard, were MN fans, we are always looking on the bad side.
    Thats why we never get into those "Greatest Fans" polls.

JK, some of the funnier stuff I've seen in here so far.....

a.
    LNAD is calling the plays.
    I might almost agree with that seeings how all we see is him audibling out of the run to a pass play.
    ZING....... 8)

b. His offense sucks with out 2 of the best players in the league.
    Ohhhhhhh really.
    Take alook around.
    You can say that for every winning team.

I mean comeon people, at some point you have to let it go when it comes to the Chiller. Sure he came in and gutted a team that most seemed to like.
    Why I'm not sure.
    It couldn't win on the road, couldn't win on grass, and was a mess that was going down hill fast. Sure he got a 9-7 season, won a playoff game, but hey, do you remember the shambles the NFC was in that year.
    Absolutely atrocious.

Does he have his issues?
    Sure, again, look around the league, gol 'darnit near every team does when it comes to the coaching staffs but like it or not, the Chiller and the FO pukes have a butt load of talent on this team (not just 2), several of which campainged to come play here.
    How many were doing that before the Chiller came?

We are winning on the road (what is it something like 5 or 6 in a row).
    We won the Div last year for the first time in forever.
    We've started beating the hated PUKERS while they are a mess (With the Coach most of you were pinning for a few months ago).
    One of his Coordinators is doing well as a HC, his replacement (although I hack on him) is starting to show signs of getting it.
    Hell, I heard the announcers in the last 2 games even say the Bevell is being discussed as a HC candidate.
    Yea, I know, I was shocked to.

Anyone who has followed this team for any amount of time will admit that this has to be the most talented team (on both sides of the ball) balanced team we fielded for years.
    Hell even our number 2's went out and scored on the Rams last week for cripes sake.

Maybe, just maybe, he is the right man for the job regardless of what a bunch of yutz fans think.

:-\

Edit:
    I just had a after thought......How many of you still want Zorn?
    I remember several of you who were on is tip as well.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
    ;D
    Quick question...

We all know Childress/Bevell are allowing Favre more freedom & a lot of leeway to call audibles, but what happens when Favre is gone?

Will Childress allow the next QB more freedom to do the same, realizing that you must allow the QB certain freedom to do just that or will he revert back to handcuffing the QB from calling audibles thereby limiting the QB to run the play & only that play called in by from the sideline irregardless of what defensive look we are given?

I believe this is what was going on the past few years. I don't believe our QB's ability to read defenses was as bad as most people here make it sound. I believe some of those appeared to simply look that way because our QB's weren't allowed (for the most part) to audible out of the play that was called in when the defense was giving us a look that warranted changing it, because the defense was prepared for the "called in" play.
    Excellent question My Farvish Friend.

Here's my take, of course going on the assumption that we will see a deal done with TJ before season end.......

a. He, being TJ, is finally seeing the offense being run by arguably the best (I think Montanna was better, then possibly Young, then Noodle Arm) QB to run the WCO.

b. This gives him something he has never had before, examples of what needs to be done in an environment conduscive to learning instead of doing.
    c. Most will pooh pooh this away, however, this team is better this year in several spots and not just QB.
    That in of itself would also support TJ being allowed to audible at the line.
    d. I think TJ IS allowed to make audibles at the line.
    Even though I can't hear it, what he does/did last year several times showed to me that he was.

Long story short, I don't think TJ would have an issue with running this offense next year based on what Noodle Arm is putting down on tape.
    After watching him come off the bench last year, what he did in pre-season and how he marched the 2's down last weekend, I am back on the TJ bandwagon and hope they get something done with him.

By the way, I have a sneaky suspicion that we won't have to see him next year either as ole Noodle arm is gonna be back for that second year.
    :'(
    And if that happens, we could lose TJ to another team via FA & be stuck with 3rd stringer Sage (I can't run a bootleg to save my jiggly butt) Rosencopter as our future.

Sad in a way. TJ played well since coming off the bench last year (sans the playoff game) has flat out beaten the guy we signed to a $9 mil contract & now will have had the benefit of learning from Favre by watching him play & probably taking that knowledge with him to another team.
    That is a very good point, however, I have been studying ole TJ a bit.
    One thing that I have always liked about him is how he has handled his professional career.

He has been hacked on by the press.
    He has been boo'd by the fans.
    He has been (next to Campbell) the most maligned QB on a roster.

He has always remained calm and quiet amidst all that turmoil and has done nothing but continue to toil to get better.

I was pretty skeptical about him going into the offseason and wanted to see him "Shine a Turd" (I think I said something like that) when it came to moving the 2's and 3's.
    Guess what, he did that.
    Then again, when he came in for mop up duties against the Rams with the 2's and 3's, he did well.
    Looked poised and in command.

Long story short, and to get this back to the Chiller, I think he and the Chiller are on the same page.
    Eventually this is gonna be TJ's team.
    Shortly after the Chiller gets extended, the next order of business will be to get TJ a contract.

Mark my words, TJ is ready now and was ready to go this year, but as the Chiller said, why turn down the opportunity to let a HOF'r run your team.
    TJ IMHO was kept in the loop on all of that and part of that is that he has to be 100% ready to step in, if Ole Noodle Arms arm fails him again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=battleaxe4cheese link=topic=53643.msg1004908#msg1004908 date=1255471036]
    Am I missing something here? Chilli comes in and we go 6-10 then 8-8 the 10-6 and so far this year 5-0. This isn't some sort of complex algorithm or mystical math it's called simply improvement. It's not even erratic it's two more games every year. To me that's what a coach is supposed to do...improve the team. Wow, talkin about a tough crowd.

a.
    I might almost agree with that seeings how all we see is him audibling out of the run to a pass play.
    ZING....... 8)

Ohhhhhhh really.
    Take alook around.

I mean comeon people, at some point you have to let it go when it comes to the Chiller. Sure he came in and gutted a team that most seemed to like.
    Why I'm not sure.
    It couldn't win on the road, couldn't win on grass, and was a mess that was going down hill fast. Sure he got a 9-7 season, won a playoff game, but hey, do you remember the shambles the NFC was in that year.
    Absolutely atrocious.

Does he have his issues?
    Sure, again, look around the league, gol 'darnit near every team does when it comes to the coaching staffs but like it or not, the Chiller and the FO pukes have a butt load of talent on this team (not just 2), several of which campainged to come play here.

We've started beating the hated PUKERS while they are a mess (With the Coach most of you were pinning for a few months ago).
    One of his Coordinators is doing well as a HC, his replacement (although I hack on him) is starting to show signs of getting it.
    Hell, I heard the announcers in the last 2 games even say the Bevell is being discussed as a HC candidate.

Anyone who has followed this team for any amount of time will admit that this has to be the most talented team (on both sides of the ball) balanced team we fielded for years.
    Hell even our number 2's went out and scored on the Rams last week for cripes sake.

Maybe, just maybe, he is the right man for the job regardless of what a bunch of yutz fans think.

Edit:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
    ;D
    Quick question...

We all know Childress/Bevell are allowing Favre more freedom & a lot of leeway to call audibles, but what happens when Favre is gone?

Will Childress allow the next QB more freedom to do the same, realizing that you must allow the QB certain freedom to do just that or will he revert back to handcuffing the QB from calling audibles thereby limiting the QB to run the play & only that play called in by from the sideline irregardless of what defensive look we are given?

I believe this is what was going on the past few years. I don't believe our QB's ability to read defenses was as bad as most people here make it sound. I believe some of those appeared to simply look that way because our QB's weren't allowed (for the most part) to audible out of the play that was called in when the defense was giving us a look that warranted changing it, because the defense was prepared for the "called in" play.

Here's my take, of course going on the assumption that we will see a deal done with TJ before season end.......

a. He, being TJ, is finally seeing the offense being run by arguably the best (I think Montanna was better, then possibly Young, then Noodle Arm) QB to run the WCO.

b. This gives him something he has never had before, examples of what needs to be done in an environment conduscive to learning instead of doing.
    c. Most will pooh pooh this away, however, this team is better this year in several spots and not just QB.
    Even though I can't hear it, what he does/did last year several times showed to me that he was.

Long story short, I don't think TJ would have an issue with running this offense next year based on what Noodle Arm is putting down on tape.
    After watching him come off the bench last year, what he did in pre-season and how he marched the 2's down last weekend, I am back on the TJ bandwagon and hope they get something done with him.

By the way, I have a sneaky suspicion that we won't have to see him next year either as ole Noodle arm is gonna be back for that second year.
    And if that happens, we could lose TJ to another team via FA & be stuck with 3rd stringer Sage (I can't run a bootleg to save my jiggly butt) Rosencopter as our future.

Sad in a way. TJ played well since coming off the bench last year (sans the playoff game) has flat out beaten the guy we signed to a $9 mil contract & now will have had the benefit of learning from Favre by watching him play & probably taking that knowledge with him to another team.
    One thing that I have always liked about him is how he has handled his professional career.

He has always remained calm and quiet amidst all that turmoil and has done nothing but continue to toil to get better.

I was pretty skeptical about him going into the offseason and wanted to see him "Shine a Turd" (I think I said something like that) when it came to moving the 2's and 3's.
    Guess what, he did that.
    Then again, when he came in for mop up duties against the Rams with the 2's and 3's, he did well.

Long story short, and to get this back to the Chiller, I think he and the Chiller are on the same page.
    Shortly after the Chiller gets extended, the next order of business will be to get TJ a contract.

Mark my words, TJ is ready now and was ready to go this year, but as the Chiller said, why turn down the opportunity to let a HOF'r run your team.
    TJ IMHO was kept in the loop on all of that and part of that is that he has to be 100% ready to step in, if Ole Noodle Arms arm fails him again.
    [/quote]

Ready for the bench.

*Snickers to himself*

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=battleaxe4cheese link=topic=53643.msg1004908#msg1004908 date=1255471036]

a.
    ZING....... 8)

Ohhhhhhh really.
    Take alook around.

Why I'm not sure.
    Absolutely atrocious.

Does he have his issues?

Edit:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
    ;D
    Quick question...

Guess what, he did that.

[/quote]

I hope you're right.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53643.msg1005182#msg1005182 date=1255542319]
    Not what I want.
    I agree.

Mooch
    Cowher

Dungy
    Dungy
    [/quote]

Childress
    8)

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast