Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Not sure why Musgrave gets singled out. Fire everyone, Frazier, Musgrave, Allen. The whole team has sucked, not just the offense. We've allowed 32pts(30th), and 429.7yds(29th).

Here's a list of all the Vikings coaches that deserve to be fired.
    Minnesota Vikings | Coaches

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    The guy is totally inept.. Hey Billy... ever hear of a screen pass? Have you called it more than once this season? How bout you get the ball to your number one pick you gave up four draft picks for? How bout some easy high percentage throws to him that maybe he can break? How bout a bit of mis direction Billy.. One end around in 3 games don't cut it Billy. Hey Billy, they are stacking the box on us , Billy... How about you come out in a four wide set to start a game Billy. Make the defense spread out a bit Billy. Maybe a bit of surprise instead of stacking two tight ends and running it up the gut. Maybe something for the defense to actually think about and defend instead of 9 in the box run blitzing Adrian.. Wake the fuk up Billy

HellorHighWater is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    The guy is totally inept.. Hey Billy... ever hear of a screen pass? Have you called it more than once this season? How bout you get the ball to your number one pick you gave up four draft picks for? How bout some easy high percentage throws to him that maybe he can break? How bout a bit of mis direction Billy.. One end around in 3 games don't cut it Billy. Hey Billy, they are stacking the box on us , Billy... How about you come out in a four wide set to start a game Billy. Make the defense spread out a bit Billy. Maybe a bit of surprise instead of stacking two tight ends and running it up the gut. Maybe something for the defense to actually think about and defend instead of 9 in the box run blitzing Adrian.. Wake the fuk up Billy
    Yeah, what he said..........

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    When facing eight men in the box and a 44 set, the last thing the Vikings wants to do is run from two tight end formations. Even Adrian Peterson cannot run through holes that are plugged before he can hit them.

Run blitz? Perhaps a few screens will help with that. Maybe some quick slants will keep them honest.

I wonder if a passing tree that includes routes other than the curl and fly could help. I also wonder if clearing routes would help, as the Vikings have run many plays this season that allows one defender to cover his man and jump another route on the same play.

The Vikings run the smash route combination, but running two vertical routes without the inside route going deep and the outside route coming back to the football is asking for a pick. In a Cover 2, the linebacker jumps the outside comeback route as the safety takes the inside receiver to the corner. The quarterback has to make a read on that play to see if there is a deep safety to hand off the inside receiver to and if the routes are too close. If the offensive coordinator does not set up the routes correctly, if the inside receiver does not get a push downfield, if the outside receiver does not come back to the ball, if the quarterback cannot look a defender off or get the ball out quickly, and if the defenders are set up to cover deep, the play will break down.

As I have stated before, the Vikings offense looks like it was photocopied from the basic plays in Football for Dummies. It is simple, and it is too easy to defend in the mid and deep zones. It does not use the center deep zone, which is the soft spot on many defenses, to its advantage. By not passing into the center deep zone, it allows the middle linebacker to stay up to defend a tight end short or defense the run.

I do see some crossing patterns, but Ponder must have been told never to target them after his endzone pick last year. Maybe Cassel will target them. That is, if the right side of the line can quit dreaming of being professional matadors and engage their blocks.

HellorHighWater is offline Waterboy
    Ok. Musgrave must go. Now, I believe that Musgrave is less creative than my 2nd grade son. My son says, "Dad, I can guess every play they call". And gets the next 8 out of 11 plays correct, that's a problem. (and I'm not joking) Also why is there three first round draft pick not included in more of the game? And how could you have the most explosive and talented player in the NFL on offense and let him touch the ball 10 times in the game? Also how can we give up 30 plus points a game in nearly every single game this year? Something is broke, and it's more than the players. The Vikings need to look at their offensive coordinator, defenseive coordinator and determine where is the future of this program going. Damn, I'm getting pissed.

I could do better and thats not good. Can his sorry ass and burn his playbook, oops meant his one index card of genius.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456