Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

The Official Fire Bill Musgrave Thread

Horrible playcalling. Horrible Play Design. Vanilla offense, No confidence in his QB. Cant throw down field with 8-9 man fronts.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I was waiting for this to come!! LOL

(not that I am not frustrated as well.)

Haven't we had this discussion nearly every year with this guy? What gives?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    NO offense, but this is a stupid thread.

The play calling wasn't vanilla at all - Ponder simply couldn't pass worth a shit. How can you say he didn't have any confidence in his QB given the plays called? That was the most down field passing we've seen from Ponder since he put on a Vikings jersey. If we had a QB who could convert a third down, this game would have been a lot better.

Musgrave is the only good spot on the coaching staff. Making a Fire Bill Musgrave thread right now is ridiculous.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Ponder was a deer in the headlights. Reminds me of the artist formerly know as TJack.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

All I know is this team for whatever reason continues to make routine plays look insurmountable and that has not changed through probably 8-10 different QBs with the single exception being Farve.

At some point you have to look past the players and the coaches and straight at the organization because that is the one single constant through it all.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    All I know is this team for whatever reason continues to make routine plays look insurmountable and that has not changed through probably 8-10 different QBs with the single exception being Farve.

At some point you have to look past the players and the coaches and straight at the organization because that is the one single constant through it all.
    This.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I believe the announcers were right. You don't call a bootleg on 3rd and 1....going away from the Qbs normal throwing arm. That was a horrible play call.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with Paul. This is Ponder not the play calling but there were some head scratchers but not enough to want him gone.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Horrible play calling. Horrible Play Design. Vanilla offense, No confidence in his QB. Cant throw down field with 8-9 man fronts.
    I've seen Ponder throw too. I have no confidence in him either. The few really nice passes he does throw during a game, just don't offset the bad ones.

In Musgrave's defense, I certainly wouldn't be calling a bunch of 15-30 yard passes with Ponder at the helm either. The result will be more turnovers, more incompletions & more sacks.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-08-2013 at 09:09 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coach
    I agree with Sharper to the extent that Musgrave is an unimaginative play caller who is just as predictable as his predecessor and is not only deficient at game planning, is inept at in game adjustments.
    There is no doubt Ponder can't deliver regardless, however Musgrave didn't seem to help him much.
    Commonly we see a run on first down and perhaps second, then expect Ponder to convert on third down.
    Weapons like Jennings, Rudolph, and Patterson were significantly under utilized. I realize Ponder can't deliver, but letting Musgrave off the hook for his part in this seems a bit more gracious than warranted.
    In fact, though some feel this thread is 'stupid', I predict Musgrave will get fired this year.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast