Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings & Brett Favre could be a great fit - Packers deserve to lose

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    NFLN is going to talk about the whole Favre thing, Eisen mae special reference to MPLS as well as GB.
    Deion Sanders thought either the Vikings or the Bears would do a blockbuster trade including multiple 1sts for him (lol)

Pretty funny talk if it wasn't so pathetic hearing about him so much
    Baldi and Sterling said he wouldn't even be playing this season.
    Think he is just feeling the training camp itch.

Mooch, I think, said that Favre would be on the Pack??

Deion said that it would be some team other than the Pack??

I really only paid attention to Baldi and Sterling, there take was the most interesting.

I personally think that Favre wants to play for a rival of the Pack just to prove something.
    Maybe the Bears will be willing to give up some draft picks.
    When Favre tries to do to much, he is worthless, Mr INT.

DOn't get me wrong, I think BF can play, just how consistent is the question.

Consistent enough to take his young team to the NFC Championship game last year.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    On the NFl Network crawler, it says that the packers have produced phone records from a phone they supplied Brett that show several phone calls made to Brad Childress and Darrell Bevell leading up to him asking for reinstatement.

I hope this is a false report >
    It's not

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46313.msg806687#msg806687
    I know the report was out there, I just stated I hope it was a false report.If it turns out to be true, I am back on the fire childress bandwagon

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]CHARLEY WALTERS: Minnesota Vikings-Brett Favre deal would be a win for all sides[/size]

Pioneer Press
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 07/19/2008 10:30:46 PM CDT

If Brett Favre wants to play for the Vikings, which he seems to want to do, and if the Vikings want Favre, which they seem to, there would seem to be a deal to be made, with the NFL steering it behind the scenes....
    I know some of you guys hate this and part of me does too but this deal does make a lot of sense. A lot of goods things could come by it. We need a stadium. I know you guys would be crushed if they ever left MN just like I would. The NFL would love to have that kind of promotion for opening weekend. We would be have every piece in place to get a trophy. TJ will get some learning experience and be able to get us more trophys later. Lets get a whole pooh load of trophys. Wouldn't you be happy to never here a Packer fan say that we have this and that?
    favre wont get us a stadium..the only thing that will is if wilf dumps more of his own money into it..favre will not help at all..you can see only 1/3 of the people on this site even want favre..you can imagine a poll of vikings fans in minneapolis would likely create similar results
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

[size=12pt]Packers have contacted multiple teams about Favre[/size]

An idea once even more unthinkable than a Brett Favre comeback is now under consideration.

The Green Bay Packers have spoken to multiple teams to see what they would be willing to offer for Favre.

It is unknown exactly how many teams the Packers have spoken with, but what is known is that they have not relegated their exploratory calls strictly to AFC teams. Green Bay has called multiple teams in the NFC as well. The Packers declined comment.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]CHARLEY WALTERS: Minnesota Vikings-Brett Favre deal would be a win for all sides[/size]

Pioneer Press
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 07/19/2008 10:30:46 PM CDT

If Brett Favre wants to play for the Vikings, which he seems to want to do, and if the Vikings want Favre, which they seem to, there would seem to be a deal to be made, with the NFL steering it behind the scenes....
    I know some of you guys hate this and part of me does too but this deal does make a lot of sense. A lot of goods things could come by it. We need a stadium. I know you guys would be crushed if they ever left MN just like I would. The NFL would love to have that kind of promotion for opening weekend. We would be have every piece in place to get a trophy. TJ will get some learning experience and be able to get us more trophys later. Lets get a whole pooh load of trophys. Wouldn't you be happy to never here a Packer fan say that we have this and that?
    Favre wont get us a stadium..the only thing that will is if wilf dumps more of his own money into it..favre will not help at all..you can see only 1/3 of the people on this site even want favre..you can imagine a poll of vikings fans in minneapolis would likely create similar results
    BINGO! Brett wouldn't be playing long enough to ever set foot in the new stadium as a player.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

LOL what makes sense is Favre to the Ravens.
    Check this out:

Rough start for Troy Smith
    Troy Smith took the first snaps in the Ravens' red-zone drills but didn't impress.

In six plays, he was 1-for-5 passing with three interceptions and a fumbled snap. One of the interceptions was made by secondary coach Chuck Pagano, who was filling in as a defensive back
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2008/07/rough_start_for_troy_smith.html

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Check this out:

Troy Smith took the first snaps in the Ravens' red-zone drills but didn't impress.

In six plays, he was 1-for-5 passing with three interceptions and a fumbled snap. One of the interceptions was made by secondary coach Chuck Pagano, who was filling in as a defensive back
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2008/07/rough_start_for_troy_smith.html
    lmfao ;D

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Check this out:

Ha.... thought you were joking around. But alas, you are not. How does someone who won the Heismen drop so fast? He sucked in the NCAA Championship game too.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but:

Pukers

;D
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"TARKenton" wrote:
    don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but:

Pukers

;D
    I liked this quote:

Take a look at Rodgers injury record.
    He won't make it out of camp healthy let alone get past the Viqueens in week one.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.