Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Articnv is offline Coach

Re: The Vikings and Brett Favre could be a great fit

no he woudlnt be
    good fight were run focus edteam farve is a gunslinger pass first run second...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Tim Froberg column: Favre a good fit for Vikings[/size]

By Tim Froberg • Post-Crescent staff writer • July 6, 2008
    postcrescent.com

In a memorable "Seinfeld" episode, Jerry gets lost in "bizzaro world" where everything is opposite of normal.

For most Packers fans, bizzaro world is Brett Favre donning the dreaded purple of the Vikings or the nightmarish navy blue of the Bears....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"KevinK" wrote:
    :-\ I really do think that he is coming back.
    He may pull a Jordan and return. I think the Packers will keep him if he wants to play.
    But the question to the article was, is Favre a good fit for the Vikings?
    I say..... MAYBE.
    And that maybe has to do with TJack.
    Do they honestly feel he is ready to be a Probowl QB? And are they satisfied with the team leadership at QB? But I give it a moment and say theres no way will he stay in the NFC North.
    The Packers would be fools.....

If he were to leave the Pack I would say either Tampa or the NY Jets.
    I feel they would give a third rounder for a trade for him.
    But that is doubtful in my mind......
    No one would trade for him unless they work out a contract with a huge pay decrease before hand.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I do not want Farve on this team for two reasons.

1) If he became a Viking, then next offseason, we would be the team that would have to endure the "Am I going to retire?" drama.

2) He said in his "retirement" press conference that he doesn't want to put all the work in leading up to the games. Well, we have 4 QBs who are willing to do that. Not only that, but we have 4 QBs who have been working all offseason to get better while Farve has not. I think we should stick with our young and hungry (Jackson, Booty) guys.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"happy" wrote:

1) If he became a Viking, then next offseason, we would be the team that would have to endure the "Am I going to retire?" drama.

2) He said in his "retirement" press conference that he doesn't want to put all the work in leading up to the games. Well, we have 4 QBs who are willing to do that. Not only that, but we have 4 QBs who have been working all offseason to get better while Farve has not. I think we should stick with our young and hungry (Jackson, Booty) guys.
    IF Favre decides to come here, i'm pretty sure that is in the contract about when he retires...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I think Farve has great football knowledge and instincts, but I don't think he's the brightest bulb in the bunch.
    Just imagine for a second the work required to learn a new offensive playbook (off season work he doesn't want to do), especially one as "complicated" as ours and by mid season the boo birds just might be calling for Jackson to get another shot anyway!

Frankly, at this point, I'd rather the Pack just keep their drama for themselves!

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

IF Favre decides to come here, i'm pretty sure that is in the contract about when he retires...
    That doesn't make sense to me.

Lets say we signed him to a two year contract, next offseason, we will without a doubt be going through the retirement drama.

Has there ever been a contract where the contract specified when the player will retire?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Heres a team by team look at how he might fit in where...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=williamson_bill&id=3474482

Theres only a few I disagree with, mainly, us and BUF.
    BUF is a young up and coming team with a talented, versatile RB (see young Ahman Green?) at least one real good WR, a good defense and great special teams...maybe not true superbowl contenders, but with a vet QB like Farve?
    Maybe.
    Sure, they have to deal with NE, but like us, I think they are better than their 7-9 record last season.

As for the Vikes, I can see that he might want to come here, and that we're a pretty good team with our major question marks mainly revolving around QB play, but I'm far from convinced that he would pick up our system in time to run it more efficiently and more comfortably that TJack, a guy with three years head start learning the "verbage."
    Really, in the long run, that effort of learning a new system might be what keeps him retired.

Rivers showed strong spirit playing injured in that playoff game, but SD with Favre could be scary.

I'd give BAL a shot too, Flacco is young and could use a year or two under a guy like Farve.

Maybe the Redskins.
    Imagine, that defense, Clinton Portis and all that young talent at WR and TE added to Cooley and Santana Moss and then put Farve in as more of a game manager type.
    I believe Zorn is a WCO guy with ties to Seattle?
    Might be a good, dangerous fit.

I think Tampa might be better off with Garcia...he's more mobile.

I could see something happening pre or early season, when a major injury puts a sudden change into a team's QB plans...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Tim Froberg column: Favre a good fit for Vikings[/size]

By Tim Froberg • Post-Crescent staff writer • July 6, 2008
    postcrescent.com

In a memorable "Seinfeld" episode, Jerry gets lost in "bizzaro world" where everything is opposite of normal.

For most Packers fans, bizzaro world is Brett Favre donning the dreaded purple of the Vikings or the nightmarish navy blue of the Bears....
    Just remember that Minnesota is coached by Brad Childress, and sometimes I'm amazed he's able to lead his Vikings out of the tunnel for the second half.
    LMFAO! He is not that bad.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

if the vikes didnt play in the same division as the pack id prolly be praying for them to get Favre.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast