Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 235 of 235
  1. #231
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    191

    Re:The Official Favre Interception, Fumble & TD Tr

    Mars clearly was not blaming any of those four losses on any one thing ... he was pointing out some glaring problems in those games and then mentioning how stupid it is to blame the entire game on those problems.

    His point is ... every time we win ... it is a "team" game to everyone. We are winning because we are a "team" and everyone is playing well. But when we lose, a handful of people on here very loudly come out in force and make statements to the effect that "Favre cost us the game" and it is not a team game anymore.

    Favre definitely was not to blame for any losses all on his own.

    He was bad in Carolina and not very good in Arizona ... no other game was he really "bad" in though he did have some off days.

    It is a team game, but there is always someone who looks bad in a loss, Favre was not that person in three of the four losses this season. And he most definitely was the highlight in a majority of the wins.

    Favre has been an amazing addition to this team. Any argument that Sage (whom I admit I supported) or T-Jack would have been "just as good" while can't be proven right or wrong, looks like a ludicrous argument based on past history.

    We are heading into the playoffs with a bye and having plenty of reasons to feel good. There are problems, but one of them is NOT quarterback, and that is a very good feeling.
    None

  2. #232
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:The Official Favre Interception, Fumble & TD Tracker - 2009

    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Interesting... as you blamed 4 losses on 1 player (or a small group) in defense...

    Btw... I thought Favre's quick release was supposed to alleviate all of our O Line issues? Why did CT need to jump up and catch a screen pass over his head? Was he at fault for the other turn over as well? Why didn't Favre's offense score in the 1st half against the Bears, why were we in OT for Peterson to fumble to begin with? Why not blame the holder for the missed extra point?

    Favre had bad games... was he entirely to blame? Nope... much like with TJack, the offense requires the run game, the blocking, and the WR play all to go well for the QB to effectively do his job. The difference is in the past we blamed all the parts deficiencies on the QB, now we use all those defeciencies to shield him... weird.
    I think what was getting to Mars was the fact that Marrdro used to always use those defeciencies to defend TJack, but isn't applying the same standard to Favre. His "defense" was in example of that. He was doing it to illustrate his disagreement with Marrdro's opinion.

    I also think that it is fairly obvious that Favre had more good games and fewer bad games than TJack... so IDK why we are bring THAT old argument up again. Anyone who seriously thinks we would be 12-4 and the #2 seed with TJack needs to put the bottle down.

    BTW, anyone else catch the fact that Favre now holds the records for least INTs in a season with 30+ TDs. I think that in itself should slam the door on this thread, which was made by a Favre hater to highlight all the turnovers they thought he was going to have this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #233
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:The Official Favre Interception, Fumble & TD Tracker - 2009

    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Lets hope he can keep his yap quiet for the remainder of the season.
    He doesn't need to use his yap. His arm does his talking for him.

    So waht is the excuse now for the Favre haters?

    People said:
    - he couldn't throw the 20+ yard pass effectively - wrong
    - he couldn't throw the 40+ yard pass effectively - wrong
    - he wouldn't stay in the system - right and wrong but you go with what works
    - he would wear down the final 5 games - wrong (he had one bad game all year and that is debatable)
    - he wouldn't be strong enough to last an entie season because he's 40 - wrong
    - he would take that 8th man out of the box - right and wrong. They did for a good portion of the season but he was able to make defenses pay for it.
    - he wouldn't be a good teammate - wrong
    - he wouldn't be willing to teach TJ - wrong

    Did I miss anything? Please feel free to add to this. Whatever happens in the playoffs happens. The fact is bringing him in was the right thing to do. He has been a great teammate and the players / coaches love the guy. Childress may have had his issues but that is because how he likes to control things. In the end he figured out Favre's way was the better way.
    He didn't just have one bad game, I say he lost 2 for us and contributed to a third.
    Please enlighten me.
    Do I have to?

    Steelers.......
    Panthers..........
    Cards(contributed).......


    Don't even want to talk about the Bores first half. Just want that one to fade into memory.
    What ever happened to team sport you always harp on? Guess that is thrown out the window with Favre. We can pull that card if you want.

    Peterson lost the Bears game.
    OL lost the Panthers game.
    OL lost the Cards game.
    Chester Taylor lost the Steelers game.

    See how stupid that is.
    You calling me stupid cause I answered your question with my opinion on a internet site designed to foster open discussions....?
    Who called you stupid?
    You did.....Wheres a mod when you need one.
    Really you two? Really?

    Christ, my 5 and 7 year olds don't even bicker this much.

    1) Favre turned out MUCH better than anyone expected. Marrdro Already admitted to this in another thread. He even admitted that the arm held out just fine.
    2) Nobody called anyone stupid. I am about to call you both jackasses though.
    3) Who the F cares right now about whether or not Marty likes Favre. Whether he likes him or not, we just saw one of the best seasons in Vikings history, we ended the season on a high note (74 points in the last 6 quarters... wow), and we have a VERY leigitmate chance of going to the Super Bowl this year.
    This has nothing to do with him liking Favre or not. This has to do with blaming one person for a loss. Where is Zeus when you need him.
    This has everything to do with nothing..... :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #234
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:The Official Favre Interception, Fumble & TD Tracker - 2009

    NodakPaul wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Interesting... as you blamed 4 losses on 1 player (or a small group) in defense...

    Btw... I thought Favre's quick release was supposed to alleviate all of our O Line issues? Why did CT need to jump up and catch a screen pass over his head? Was he at fault for the other turn over as well? Why didn't Favre's offense score in the 1st half against the Bears, why were we in OT for Peterson to fumble to begin with? Why not blame the holder for the missed extra point?

    Favre had bad games... was he entirely to blame? Nope... much like with TJack, the offense requires the run game, the blocking, and the WR play all to go well for the QB to effectively do his job. The difference is in the past we blamed all the parts deficiencies on the QB, now we use all those defeciencies to shield him... weird.
    I think what was getting to Mars was the fact that Marrdro used to always use those defeciencies to defend TJack, but isn't applying the same standard to Favre. His "defense" was in example of that. He was doing it to illustrate his disagreement with Marrdro's opinion.

    I also think that it is fairly obvious that Favre had more good games and fewer bad games than TJack... so IDK why we are bring THAT old argument up again. Anyone who seriously thinks we would be 12-4 and the #2 seed with TJack needs to put the bottle down.

    BTW, anyone else catch the fact that Favre now holds the records for least INTs in a season with 30+ TDs. I think that in itself should slam the door on this thread, which was made by a Favre hater to highlight all the turnovers they thought he was going to have this year.
    Not sure why TJ always gets brought into this......I don't remember defending TJ anymore than I did any other rookie thrown to the wolves. Truth be told, I think I've been more "Anti TJ" than "Pro TJ".

    Nope, this still only gets back to an answer to a simple query of ones opinion.

    Nothing complex about it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #235
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:The Official Favre Interception, Fumble & TD Tracker - 2009

    I love this thread haha :laugh:

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Similar Threads

  1. The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker
    By singersp in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
  2. Official Vikings 2009 Schedule thread
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 06:57 PM
  3. OFFICIAL 2009 Mock Draft Thread
    By jkjuggalo in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 08:31 AM
  4. Favre vs. Rodgers tracker
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 02:26 AM
  5. Interception Kings
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 11:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •