TJ:
    50.8% Completion
    308 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    1 Fumble
    64.8 Rating
    0-2 as a Viking Starter this year

Not much more I can say here. Like I said last week, Gus can scan a field better than TJ. He knows how to find the open man. I don't want to hear anymore of that bullshit that our WRs can't get open. Just like the first 2 games our WRs were open. TJ would not have got us a win because he has no vision. He needs time to develop that vision. Crow is great in the morning!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: THE OFFICIAL: Disgust For Gus Thread

"marstc09" wrote:
    Gus:
    57% Completion
    204 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    77.1 Rating
    1-0 as a Viking Starter this year

TJ:
    50.8% Completion
    308 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    1 Fumble
    64.8 Rating

Not much more I can say here. Like I said last week, Gus can scan a field better than TJ. He knows how to find the open man. I don't want to hear anymore of that bullshit that our WRs can't get open. Just like the first 2 games our WRs were open. TJ would not have got us a win because he has no vision. He needs time to develop that vision. Crow is great in the morning!
    Of course the first 2 games were against very good teams. The packers ranked 6th a year ago in points allowed. The Colts ranked 1st a year ago in points allowed. Carolina ranked 16th a year ago.
    Against Green Bay the offense scored 19 points, against the Colts the offense scored 15 points. Against Carolina the offense scored the fewest points it has in any game this season, 13.
    The colts and packers both went 13-3 a year ago, and made the conferance championship games. Carolina went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
    Congrats to the Vikings and to Gus, but I still think Tjack would have won that game too, and he's the better QB. Heck Tjack would have won the other two games if the defense would have gotten a TD in those games or held the opposing team to 10pts.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Gus:
    57% Completion
    204 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    77.1 Rating

TJ:
    50.8% Completion
    308 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    1 Fumble
    64.8 Rating

Not much more I can say here. Like I said last week, Gus can scan a field better than TJ. He knows how to find the open man. I don't want to hear anymore of that kaka del rio that our WRs can't get open. Just like the first 2 games our WRs were open. TJ would not have got us a win because he has no vision. He needs time to develop that vision. Crow is great in the morning!
    Of course the first 2 games were against very good teams. The packers ranked 6th a year ago in points allowed. The Colts ranked 1st a year ago in points allowed. Carolina ranked 16th a year ago.
    Against Green Bay the offense scored 19 points, against the Colts the offense scored 15 points. Against Carolina the offense scored the fewest points it has in any game this season, 13.
    The colts and packers both went 13-3 a year ago, and made the conferance championship games. Carolina went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
    Congrats to the Vikings and to Gus, but I still think Tjack would have won that game too, and he's the better QB. Heck Tjack would have won the other two games if the defense would have gotten a TD in those games or held the opposing team to 10pts.
    Umm, the O scored 20, the most.
    Bad holding call negated that TD.
    Bastages.
    Hell, that BS pass int call practically gave Car. their first TD.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Webby" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Gus:
    57% Completion
    204 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    77.1 Rating

TJ:
    50.8% Completion
    308 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    1 Fumble
    64.8 Rating

Not much more I can say here. Like I said last week, Gus can scan a field better than TJ. He knows how to find the open man. I don't want to hear anymore of that kaka del rio that our WRs can't get open. Just like the first 2 games our WRs were open. TJ would not have got us a win because he has no vision. He needs time to develop that vision. Crow is great in the morning!

Bastages.

Are you sure, who scored the second TD then? I'm pretty sure Winfields TD stood. Worst offensive performance of the young season IMHO. By far the best defensive performance though.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

jmcdon00, I own you in fantasy football
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Gus:
    57% Completion
    204 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    77.1 Rating

TJ:
    50.8% Completion
    308 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    1 Fumble
    64.8 Rating

Carolina was 2-0 and beat the Bears who knocked off the Colts and the Chargers who might be 0-2 but IMO are a playoff team. The offense scored 20 IMO. That was a bad holding call. So blame the loss on the D the last 2 games all you want but Gus had the same bad things happen to him. Plus the D held two very good offenses in Green Bay and Indy to 24 and 18 points. The defense can't do it all. The big difference in the two situations is that Gus was able to overcome that. He found WRs when he needed to. TJ has not shown me he can find a WR. Gus opened up the long pass and D's will respect him more than TJ.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Webby" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Gus:
    57% Completion
    204 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    77.1 Rating

TJ:
    50.8% Completion
    308 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    1 Fumble
    64.8 Rating

Bastages.
    actually, the O scored 13... winfield scored a TD with that sack on Delhomme...

either way, i'm cool with the win... i like the fact we called a more balanced game.. however, i would have liked to see what TJ could have done with the playcalling the way it was sunday...

But i guess at this point it's moot!!...

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Yeah there was a TD by Taylor called back by a hold and we ended up getting 3 points instead. I think Childress said it best. He isnt affraid to pull the trigger.

Just throw the ball, give us a chance to succeed.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

The team seems more confident with Ferrotte at QB. I wonder if Childress talked to some of the senior players and asked their opinion.

Either way, great to see a win.

Fire Childress.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Gus:
    57% Completion
    204 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    77.1 Rating

TJ:
    50.8% Completion
    308 Yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    1 Fumble
    64.8 Rating

Carolina was 2-0 and beat the Bears who knocked off the Colts and the Chargers who might be 0-2 but IMO are a playoff team. The offense scored 20 IMO. That was a bad holding call. So blame the loss on the D the last 2 games all you want but Gus had the same bad things happen to him. Plus the D held two very good offenses in Green Bay and Indy to 24 and 18 points. The defense can't do it all. The big difference in the two situations is that Gus was able to overcome that. He found WRs when he needed to. TJ has not shown me he can find a WR. Gus opened up the long pass and D's will respect him more than TJ.
    we got a fg on that drive.. so wouldn't that be 17???..

either way you look at it, you can't count points that we didn't score (i.e. points that went of the scoreboard officially).. that's like saying we scored 21 but 2 holding penalties kept us to 7 points.. or hey we would have scored 20 points last week but shank dropped the ball!..

woulda bee's, shoulda bee's, coulda bee's dont make no honey!!.. it doesnt matter.. we scored 13 points on offense.. and it would have been enough to win in heinsight.. but winnie's TD was the turning point and the key to our win!

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast