Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rambro987 is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    um... can i get whatever he is drinking/smoking/breathing?

really? you mean you havn't noticed a massive change in attitude? I guess you figured because the Vikes went 4 - 1 they should be 15-1 or it's a bust year? lets see..
    overhaul coaching.. right.. SlickRick is GM.. soley in control..
    NEW OC/DC
    Frazier is not chillywilly... in sooo many ways..

this team is rebuilding. they don't want to call it that. but it's the facts.
    it's rebuilding faster then anyone thought.. why? because we are soo lucky?????
    Slickrick, coaches, scouts.. all those guys you want fired they are the reason.

we lost to the stinkskins.. and to the colts. so what? realize something outside the box. these 2 teams have qb's that have VERY LITTLE on tape.. so while trying to figure out how they move here, or there. tell tale signs of a run vs pass, or even tendencies.. don't exist on tape. plays, concepts, and formations maybe you can get an idea on. but they are so new they don't even always have it down pat yet. does that mean we should loose? no but it means teams will have problems vs them.

one last off thread topic point.. how can we be licking the boots of teams below us in div standings.. or who we havn't played yet?

DiGiTaL

ps sorry guys, but this just.. was not for me to read without coffee..
    I just have way higher expectations for this team, maybe I'm looking into the 49ers win way more than I should have. We just had a killer instinct in that game, going for it on 4th and goal? Where was that in this game? Fail coaching expecting us to completely shut down the redskins, and 3 field goals was good enough.

What you said about game tape, it's frustrating to know teams will be viewing this game on what NOT to do. I know I've seen MANY QB draws by RG3 this season, ones that put daggers through the heart of Tampa Bay for the game winning field goal, and put up TDs in all their other games too. I don't have all that available to review. but I know the coaching staff should have and why we weren't prepared for it, couldn't tell you. I fully expected that we should have though.
    I really do expect us to win every game that's how much I freaking love this team. Settling for 3 FGs in the 1st quarter? FFS the game could have been put away at that point, and I knew it would comeback to bite us as soon as I saw it. Maybe I should just shove that under the rug and chalk it up to us being a growing team?
    I just saw the Bears on bye and a great opportunity to take the division lead over them and was sorely disappointed.
    None

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    It seemed like we just weren't very well prepared and didn't make good adjustments. I wasn't really impressed with RG3. I thought he was supposed to be a traditional pocket passer who could take off and run, but they just ran a college offense. I don't think he had to make a single read the entire game.
    That said, we got beat by that college offense, badly. I could see getting thrown off by it for a couple drives, but we need to be able to adjust for that. I haven't watched a Skins game this season, had they been running that offense all year? If so, we really didn't look very prepared.

It also looked like we were really having trouble on the wet field. We looked slow and were slipping. Obviously Ponder had trouble with this is well with the ball where it slipped on the fumble and a couple overthrows.

I say trade all of our good players. That's the reasonable thing to do after a loss.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    Man, did the defense get RG3'd or what? We can still win the division so no worries Vikings fans, just stay loyal and we'll be fine. When our O turns the football over, we have no chance to win games. All Day has to stop making so many cuts and hit the hole and go. We need to forget this game and get ready for Arizona at home.

SKOL VIKES FOR LIFE!
    RG3'd is pretty much the story. After the first quarter, he pretty much had his way with us. Whether it was through the air, running, or play fake.

Ponder had a number of bad throws, that he has to clean up.

Walsh is now putting his kickoffs through the goal posts, pretty cool.

Harvin continues to be the pocket hercules of the team. Rudolph was getting a little more involved in the game mentally, liked to see it. We should ride him more. That high pass to the end of the end zone on the 2 point conversion is damned near in-defensible.

What was the name of that WR we added in FA that was supposed to give us a vertical threat? Can't seem to remember his name, is he still on the team?

Expecting us to continue to elevate throughout the season is a bit lofty IMO. We are still young, still void of skill at a number of positions and still getting our identity put together. However, this league seems to be as even across the board as I have ever seen it. Houston and SF get smacked down, NE goes down to Seattle, Atlanta barely beats Oakland and the Titans beat Pittsburgh.

Let's see how they bounce back against the Cardinals. Good defensive team, but struggling on offense.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Ponder had a number of bad throws, that he has to clean up.
    Sometimes I get killed for this, but is Ponder our future QB. Here is a list of starting QB's in either their first or second year. I may have missed some? Where would you rank Ponder? May not be fair because some of these guys were taken early, but not all.

Andrew Luck, Brandon Weeden, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Robert Griffin III, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blane Gabbert, Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Okay, some of you people should not hit enter. Please. Calm down, get a beer and/or a big heavy sandwich and relax and digest what you just watched. A football game, by YOUR Minnesota Vikings. If you have been a Vikings fan for more than one season you should know your place by now. lol
    It was one game. If you asked most of you/me/us if you would take 4-2 after six games, we would all say, "Hell Yeah!" So let's just hope that they can bounce back at home vs. the Cards. This will be a heck of a game, I know that Fitz will be pumped to come back to Minny.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Yes RG3 made us play defense differently than normal.
    Yes we had too many turnovers.
    Yes we should have scored more TDs off the bat instead of the FGs.
    Yes Ponder was inaccurate yesterday.

No we don't trade AP. His long run was awesome, that is why you keep giving him the ball. If you take the long run of 32yds off the AP's total he was averaging 2.13 yds/carry. This is the most receptions AP has had in one game that I can remember in a long while. He had 7 rec in one game and the most he has had in a season was 43 rec in 2009. I think this is a good thing.

We shouldn't have had to throw 52 times. I give some credit to the Skin's defense for making the adjustments and putting us in the position that we were playing from behind. They weren't giving Ponder much time to stand in the pocket and throw. Ponder was rushing some throws. They were hell bent to get AP and if he wasn't carrying the ball, they were heading to the QB, ears pinned back.

RG3's run broke our back, but we were all in on that play defensively and he got through with nobody on the back end to stop him. We had 6 guys on the line rushing against 5 linemen. All the other corners were out on the edges with the 4 WRs and the only guy to stop RG3 was Sanford who took the wrong angle on RG3 and that was it. I credit this to bed defense rather than an outstanding run. RG3 gets some credit for making Sanford think he was slower than he really was. I still like sliced bread better than RG3.

We did nothing to make the Skins worried about us going deep. We don't scare anyone. We did try at least one over the top, and we got a PI on that one. Other than that, I don't remember a long ball. This is part of the reason why their ears were pinned back.

I am not sure if Simpson is the answer to the deep ball or not, I think it is the willingness to throw deep more than the player, therefore I think it is the QB's desire to not make mistakes and may not trust the guys that were out there this weekend. We will see once Simpson gets back.

We need to hold our own at home and beat either the Bears or GB on their turf and we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Sometimes I get killed for this, but is Ponder our future QB. Here is a list of starting QB's in either their first or second year. I may have missed some? Where would you rank Ponder? May not be fair because some of these guys were taken early, but not all.

Andrew Luck, Brandon Weeden, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Robert Griffin III, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blane Gabbert, Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder
    It is difficult to say, Cam is having a tough time this season for whatever reason. He is not as hot as last year. Weedon and Tannehill have sad some impressive games but seem to have played from behind to get the numbers they have put up so far. I haven't really seen enough out of Locker or Gabbert. Wilson, RG3 and Ponder seem to be committed to not making mistakes and taking what is given to them. I really like what I have seen from Luck up to this week against the Jets. RG3 has played awesome, but for all we know, he could end up like Cam next year the sophomore slump.

I like Ponder so far. I wish we were able to go vertical more often but I am pretty sure that is not the main tool in our OC's toolbag.

Passing Stats
    Christian Ponder Stats - Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

Nearly a 70% completion rate with a 94 QB rating. And he looks light years ahead of last year in this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    It seemed like we just weren't very well prepared and didn't make good adjustments. I wasn't really impressed with RG3. I thought he was supposed to be a traditional pocket passer who could take off and run, but they just ran a college offense. I don't think he had to make a single read the entire game.
    That said, we got beat by that college offense, badly. I could see getting thrown off by it for a couple drives, but we need to be able to adjust for that. I haven't watched a Skins game this season, had they been running that offense all year? If so, we really didn't look very prepared.
    I thought the same. Did we over think this as a defense? We may have been better off playing a prevent D. Oh well, next game.

To those that aren't sarcastically talking about trading players but are actually concerned about this team going bust........ Again as for all the complaining about one loss the thing to remember is not to get complacent with the loss and to remember to build momentum into the playoffs. The Giants the two recent years they won the SB weren't impressive all the way through the season, they gathered momentum and consistency at the end of the season. Let's show some improvement going forward. Let's hope for improvement, we all know a season is filled with ups and downs unless you are the Patriots. Seriously, Bellichick and Brady probably were discussing how they won that game yesterday (the Hawks won that game, coach and qb are to stubborn to believe they lost or they are just good at focusing on the next game and not dwelling on the past).

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I thought the same. Did we over think this as a defense? We may have been better off playing a prevent D. Oh well, next game.

To those that aren't sarcastically talking about trading players but are actually concerned about this team going bust........ Again as for all the complaining about one loss the thing to remember is not to get complacent with the loss and to remember to build momentum into the playoffs. The Giants the two recent years they won the SB weren't impressive all the way through the season, they gathered momentum and consistency at the end of the season. Let's show some improvement going forward. Let's hope for improvement, we all know a season is filled with ups and downs unless you are the Patriots. Seriously, Bellichick and Brady probably were discussing how they won that game yesterday (the Hawks won that game, coach and qb are to stubborn to believe they lost or they are just good at focusing on the next game and not dwelling on the past).
    Allright. I have waited almost an hour and nobody has done it yet. I can't help myself.

Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I think what killed me most was that we seemed ill prepared to deal with that college offense. Secondly the Deadskins played with more intensity. Kind of pissed me off that we weren't more intense. I would have thought the team would like to be 5 and 1. Looked like it didn't kick in until the fourth quarter when it was too late. I guess it was an off game. Hope it doesn't happen to often.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast