Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    PPO never disappoints.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Whether people like it or not we are still a young team and so will make mistakes that goes with that territory. The most obvious issue was the absence of Simpson which took away any deep threat we may have had - the other WRs currently on the field are average at best and so meant the 'skins could almost discard defending deeply.
    Ponder made a couple of errors but did his best to pull us back, but given our first three possessions only yielded FGs then it was always going to be hard. I'm sorry we lost but, IMO, we played better than the score suggests.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

official Deadskins postgame discussion

We are a young team. However, their QB was younger than ours yet we couldn't rattle him while they were able to rattle ours pretty good.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Plenty of blame to go around on both sides of the ball and coaching including Ponder & AD. Ponder looked great for a lot of the game but looked bad throwing the ball on some of those passes too. Those 3 turnovers killed us. Two of them led directly to 14 points for the Redskins & the 3rd ended any hope we may have had. There's no way I can fault Ponder for a poor 3rd quarter, as that lies on the defense. We only completed one drive in the 3rd & we ended up scoring a FG.

6 years in the league & AD STILL can't pass block worth a shit. It's mind boggling considering how physically strong & athletic he is.

I missed the entire 1st quarter (thanx to the Lions OT game) but it sounds like we stopped being aggressive in the redzone, like we were last week & reverted back to playing it safe & being complacent with FG's. Note to coaching staff: It didn't take long to surpass those 9 points did it?

The defense went backwards in time also. RGIII rolled right on several occasions with no one there to keep him from throwing. Where was Robinson? When he did throw the ball & completed a pass, there were several times I waited anxiously for a CB or safety to finally come into view & make a tackle. There was way too much cushion being given in this game, when we needed to see the aggressiveness of the backfield that we enjoyed the past two weeks.

All preseason long up until the start of the regular season, I and a few others have been voicing the need for a reliable deep threat WR. Some have said we didn't need one because we were a WCO, others thought Simpson would be that guy.

6 weeks into the season, we still need for a reliable deep threat WR. Simpson is fast becoming a liability, rather than an asset & we still don't have another deep threat WR to go to while we wait to see if Simpson can make it on the field & be a contributor.

We will live to fight another day & hopefully learn from this loss, but I hope the coaches spend sometime reviewing game tape & discover what's been working, what hasn't & quits continuing to go down the "not working" or "maybe it'll work this time" paths.

We are still 4-2, still can win the division, but need to figure some things out before Harvin burns out. With defenses keying in on Harvin, AD & our short game, one would think there would be 2-3 other receiving options on any given play, but it's not happening like it should, unless they're open & Ponder isn't making the reads or seeing them as the pocket collapses around him.

I know we are a young team for the most part, but I don't see Jenkins, Aromashodu or Arceneaux improving any more than what they already are.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    The most obvious issue was the absence of Simpson which took away any deep threat we may have had
    While I agree with that, we did win 3 games without him & a 4th game where he caught only 4 passes, but I think teams are now & will be keying in on our lack of a deep pass until we prove we can beat them deep.

I believe we need another deep threat WR, if ones available, in addition to Simpson to make the threat a reality.

Ponder showed yesterday that he can gun the ball & doesn't always need to lob it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Man, did the defense get RG3'd or what? We can still win the division so no worries Vikings fans, just stay loyal and we'll be fine. When our O turns the football over, we have no chance to win games. All Day has to stop making so many cuts and hit the hole and go. We need to forget this game and get ready for Arizona at home.

SKOL VIKES FOR LIFE!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    While I agree with that, we did win 3 games without him & a 4th game where he caught only 4 passes, but I think teams are now & will be keying in on our lack of a deep pass until we prove we can beat them deep.

I believe we need another deep threat WR, if ones available, in addition to Simpson to make the threat a reality.

Ponder showed yesterday that he can gun the ball & doesn't always need to lob it.
    First off one of the big additons this off season was their first signing of John Carlson. You know that they thought having them two working the middle would be a big part of this offense. Carslon has been a TOTAL Flop.. They guy has 2 catche sfor 1 yard. What the hell is with this guy? His total lack of production is hurting a team that you know was looking foward to having him on the field with Rudolph.

Second, lets get real. We are still light years away from the Peckers. They will win the division even though I'd like to take Erins discount double check and shove it up his skinny fem azz. Ponder is being way to coddled. Either they don't trust him enough down in the red zone or he's just too indecisive down there. He seems to not want to throw the ball early in games and just let it go. Until he gets confidence doing that and being successful he'll never get to a top level.

Third, for the first time I saw a defene not ready to execute a game plan. Too many guys falling for fake handoffs, and watching INSTEAD OF REACTING. Henderson tackled the wrong guy without the ball at least 5 times yesterday.

Finally, this is a year of mediocrity in most of the league. I hate to see it but you will see this young team lose it's early confidence and start to reel. They must go at least 6-2 to have a chance to be competitive the second half. If they lose to the Cards next week. LOOK OUT FOR THE HOUSE OF CARDS TO FALL.

Oh and can we take that dumb fuking slide rule of the qbs and shat can it. It's ridiculous. A qb can toss the ball away anytime he wants. For him to be able to now just take off and slide is a joke in the NFL. It's just embarrassing watching these guys slide down and then get up and point the first down finger. They should be ashamed they are so coddled.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Ummm, by the way, the Redskins are a top five offensive team in both yards and points, currently tied with the Giants for 3rd in the NFL in points scored, with the Bears only a tenth of a point/game ahead. IF you thought they wouldn't score against us on their home field, you were wrong by a long shot...specially given the fore-mentioned lack of tape to study tendencies of the RG3.

We still played a close game on the road and never hanged it up early. That shows me that the players are believing in what the coaches are selling, and that the coaches believe that Ponder gives us a shot at 2 TDs when trailing by multiple scores, on the road, late in the 4th quarter. A big change from the Chiller years when nobody but him thought we had a Kick Ass Offense.

Our team, especially the secondary, is SO young. Winfield was the only starter of 5 DBs with over 16 games started. Of course there's going to be mistakes. That 79? yard run was a comedy of errors with several just misses, and our promising young safety/last line of defense, Smith, underestimating the RG3's speed and taking an angle just a hair short of stopping him. He'll watch the tape, and very likely take a better angle the next time.

We still need AT LEAST one more deep-threat WR. If we want to score with the Packers, we may need to add 2 or 3 more, because if you look at their draft history, you'll see that every WR (and some of their TEs) but Driver was an early pick in the first 3 rounds, most of them 2nds. Injuries happen, and you need to have enough depth to get somebody open even when you're missing a guy AND their top cover-corner nearly eliminates your top threat's chances.

Yes, we're not a legit playoff team this year. Too young, too inexperienced...what do you expect after a 3-13 year with so many new, young pieces in place!??? A true playoff contender would most likely destroy us on their home turf. BUT, we are a lot better than originally advertised, and are showing some serious signs of potential going forward. Personally, I hope we don't win Too many games, because we still have several holes to fill and an earlier draft pick is more likely to get that done sooner than later.

If we add the right pieces via FA and the draft, ummm, say, a true no.1 WR, DT, depth/perhaps upgrades at LB and Safety, this team could be a true threat to win what may be the best division in football as early as next season. Not Bad my friends, not bad at all!

SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I think we did a lot of things right at Washington and it should be a game that we should have won. We dominated the skins in the first quarter and the game should have been over by then. 4 Fgs is unacceptable.

We need to hit the FA market and sign a WR. Jenkins, Devin and all the other guys we have on roster are JAGs(just another guy). This team needs a posession besides Harvin. I begged for it early and was rebuffed. Everyone wanted two TEs when we had no need. Hell the guy we drafted looks better than Carlson. We should have taken that money and invested in a WR.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I think we did a lot of things right at Washington and it should be a game that we should have won. We dominated the skins in the first quarter and the game should have been over by then. 4 Fgs is unacceptable.

We need to hit the FA market and sign a WR. Jenkins, Devin and all the other guys we have on roster are JAGs(just another guy). This team needs a posession besides Harvin. I begged for it early and was rebuffed. Everyone wanted two TEs when we had no need. Hell the guy we drafted looks better than Carlson. We should have taken that money and invested in a WR.
    I agree with you on nearly everything you said there, but think we have possession guys and need more deep-threats. I'd say try to add a true no.1 who can do it all and a deep-threat guy. But, the soon-to-be FA list doesn't look real exciting: 2012 Contract Year Players / 2013 NFL Free Agents: WRs

Jennings gets hurt too often, and fat chance in hell the Giants let Cruz cruise away. Wallace fits the deep-threat only category, and may be our best bet, as the limited skill set might make his contract a bit more realistic. Dwayne Bowe could be a true no.1, but hasn't been able to keep it rolling steady with the QBs he's had...maybe. Maybe we need to nail a first round pick at WR next draft...?

I want Carlson to do well as the home-town hero (my HS plays Litchfield every year), but you're right, he's been totally out-played by Ellison, who has been a real nice surprise for a 4th. Thing is, his 5M/year doesn't buy much of a WR when guys like Garcon and Laurent Robinson are stealing millions for very little production...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast