Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Wouldn't bench him, but I believe he'd get 2X yardage if he'd just not do that 2nd, 3rd, or 4th cut
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Let me see if I have this down. We lost an away game out doors on grass so we must fire Frazier and Dump Adrian. At least we are not over reacting.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Shit happens. On one hand we are still better at this point than I thought we would be. On the other hand, it looked for a while like we had fundamentally changed the psychology of the team and the organization. This game was pretty much the blueprint of what we have come to expect from this organization- Facing a rookie QB who is coming off a concussion and we supply him with a highlight reel video he can show his grandchildren of how he ran all over the Vikings in his rookie year.

Personally I still think we need to change our offensive mentality inside the 30 yard line. I consistently see other teams taking shots at the end zone and yet we seem content to ball control it right down to the goal line and then kick a field goal. This was something that started with Childress and it still plagues the team.

Rambro987 is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Let me see if I have this down. We lost an away game out doors on grass so we must fire Frazier and Dump Adrian. At least we are not over reacting.
    I'm overrating to the loss, because all the problems that plagued this team during the Childress era, are still prevalent in this team. As a matter of fact I feel like we are still in it. I hope I'm wrong, but until we get an overhaul from the Front office down to the coaching, we will continue to lick the boots of the Pukers and Bears.
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    lol. yup.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

acman1 is offline Rookie
    So I'm pretty much just upset at the play in the 2nd quarter maybe I think, Redskins have it 3rd and 2 or 3 maybe on their 25 or so with the vikings still having the lead I believe and the RB clearly moved early but they didn't call a false start and the Redskins converted and moved the ball down the field for a score of some sort. Pretty vague, but I'd consider that a turning point in the game. We stop them there, the momentum is ours again I believe. Anyways, bad call by the refs (no they didn't make us lose, but I think this was a big play missed early).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambro987 View Post
    I'm overrating to the loss, because all the problems that plagued this team during the Childress era, are still prevalent in this team. As a matter of fact I feel like we are still in it. I hope I'm wrong, but until we get an overhaul from the Front office down to the coaching, we will continue to lick the boots of the Pukers and Bears.
    Deep breaths....

In....

Out...

In...

Out...

First of all, overreacting doesn't help. It was a tough loss, but firing from the hip and wanting to trade AD and shitcan the front office and coaching staff isn't the answer. This is why fans make poor GMs and head coaches.

And I am pretty sure that we aren't licking anyone's boots this season. If you haven't missed it, Green Bay is only 2-3 right now. Even if they win tonight (big IF), they still haven't caught us.

We saw a decent amount of young mistakes tonight. Ponder got flustered for a while in the third. Robinson bit to the inside on RGIII's run. Things like that happen. We made mistakes, and to be fair the Redskins played a hell of a game. I give them a lot of credit.

But one game doesn't make or break a season. Even with this loss, we are still WAY ahead of where I thought we would be at this point. We did better on draft day than I thought we would. Our defense is no longer an embarrassment. Our offense is still trying to find its identify, but it has definitely brought some excitement back. That shows me that we have both a front office and a coaching staff that is moving in the right direction.

I can honestly say that right up until the end I thought we had a chance to pull this out. We were down by four with 3 minutes left. I absolutely had hope, and that comes from success that we have seen already this year. This time it didn't happen, but dammit, its been a long time - since BEFORE Childress - that I can honestly say that I had hope right up until the bitter end. Hell, even on that last drive I was entertaining thoughts of a rally.

I am looking forward to getting back on track against AZ. We have some things to work on, to be sure. But I am still excited for the game, and still excited for the season. Hell, there are even glimmers of the "p" word on the horizon, and had you told me that before the season started I would have said you were crazy. And yet here we are.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Personally I still think we need to change our offensive mentality inside the 30 yard line. I consistently see other teams taking shots at the end zone and yet we seem content to ball control it right down to the goal line and then kick a field goal. This was something that started with Childress and it still plagues the team.
    Agreed here. Ball control/short game offense simply doesn't work as well when the field is compressed. The safeties are able to play too shallow making those YAC and runs that much harder. If we had a WR who could get deep quickly it would help... Simpson needs to get his dumb ass healthy.

It is funny, I think we are considerable better inside the 10 than we are in the 10-20 range.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Relax, it's just football.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Agreed here. Ball control/short game offense simply doesn't work as well when the field is compressed. The safeties are able to play too shallow making those YAC and runs that much harder. If we had a WR who could get deep quickly it would help... Simpson needs to get his dumb ass healthy.

It is funny, I think we are considerable better inside the 10 than we are in the 10-20 range.
    At the same time as I sit and watch the Packers dismantle the Texans tonight it seems pretty clear that the Vikings are a long ways away from getting to their level. They have injuries all over the roster and still are up by 25 points.

I am amazed that they can field RB's you have never heard of before and have WR's by the name of crabtree who have more tattoos than NFL starts and he can still get open enough to score a nearly 50 yard TD. Yet we can't even score 1 that long all season by any WR. Their defense is losing starters and they just plug a guy in and keep playing at the same level.

So yeah, the sky isn't falling but OTOH there are a lot tougher teams that we will face this year and if we have this kind of trouble with Washington, it doesn't bode well for what we have in store.

As I said, I am not really critical of the number of wins and losses we have this year, I am more focused on how we play as a team and what they look like winning and losing. Even though we did win last week the offense didn't look good and this week when we needed them to they laid a pretty big egg.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast