Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: **Official Cuts Thread** + 53 Man Predictions

"cogitans" wrote:
    Give your educated guess at which 53 guys will be here after Saturday. This is mine:

Offense:

QB[3]: Tarvaris Jackson, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb

RB[4]: Chester Taylor, Adrian Peterson, Mewelde Moore, Artose Pinner

FB[2]: Tony Richardson, Jeff Dugan

WR[6]: Troy Williamson, Bobby Wade, Sidney Rice, Aundrea Allison, Billy McMullen, Robert Ferguson

TE[2]: Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser

OL[8]: Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Matt Birk, Anthony Herrera, Ryan Cook, Artis Hicks, Marcus Johnson, Norm Katnik

DL[9]: Kenichi Udeze, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Erasmus James, Ray Edwards, Darrion Scott, Spencer Johnson, Brian Robison, Fred Evans

LB[6]: Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Chad Greenway, Donterrius Thomas, Heath Farwell, Vinny Ciurciu

CB[5]: Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Marcus McCauley, Dovonte Edwards, Charles Gordon

S[5]: Darren Sharper, Dwight Smith, Mike Doss, Greg Blue, Tank Williams

ST[3]: Ryan Longwell(K), Chris Kluwe(P), Cullen Loeffler(LS)

As you can see I'm gambling on the keeping 5 safeties. My secondary guesses will be either keeping an extra TE (Richard Owens) or a DE (Jaime Mitchell).

Let me hear your guess.

Cogitans,

Wouln't suprise me one bit if we keep 5 safeties.
    I remember reading or listening to Coach BC say once before himself that, you can't have enough Safeties...He even said that it wouldn't be out of the question to keep 5 on the roster.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    From what I hear, Gordon is AHEAD of Edwards at CB...plus he can return punts in a pinch.
    I see the Vikes dumping Tank Williams and keeping Jayme Mitchell (at least until Erasmus comes around).
    From last night:

* Gordon looked good on 1 of the 2 punt returns he had.
    He also made 3 or 4 nice

open-field tackles.
    Dovonte Edwards was okay, Ronyell Whitaker had 1 good play,

and Patrick Body was playing a lot of safety and had a very up and down night.

* Erasmus James was on the field a lot and I didn't notice him doing anything.

=Z=
    Thats not good news about seeing James doing not much last night Zeus.
    But he is just getting back into the game.
    I'm not really worried anyways about James, with the way Edwards and Robison have been playing themselves......Hell, I'de be inclined to start either one over Edwards, till he's proven he's come around....

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    From what I hear, Gordon is AHEAD of Edwards at CB...plus he can return punts in a pinch.
    I see the Vikes dumping Tank Williams and keeping Jayme Mitchell (at least until Erasmus comes around).
    From last night:

He also made 3 or 4 nice

open-field tackles.

=Z=
    I'm not really worried anyways about James, with the way Edwards and Robison have been playing themselves......Hell, I'de be inclined to start either one over Edwards, till he's proven he's come around....
    Robison had a sack and a forced fumble... I'm pumped about this guy
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Give your educated guess at which 53 guys will be here after Saturday. This is mine:

Offense:

WR[6]: Troy Williamson, Bobby Wade, Sidney Rice, Aundrea Allison, Billy McMullen, Robert Ferguson

OL[8]: Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Matt Birk, Anthony Herrera, Ryan Cook, Artis Hicks, Marcus Johnson, Norm Katnik

DL[9]: Kenichi Udeze, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Erasmus James, Ray Edwards, Darrion Scott, Spencer Johnson, Brian Robison, Fred Evans

LB[6]: Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Chad Greenway, Donterrius Thomas, Heath Farwell, Vinny Ciurciu

CB[5]: Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Marcus McCauley, Dovonte Edwards, Charles Gordon

As you can see I'm gambling on the keeping 5 safeties. My secondary guesses will be either keeping an extra TE (Richard Owens) or a DE (Jaime Mitchell).

Let me hear your guess.

Cogitans,

I remember reading or listening to Coach BC say once before himself that, you can't have enough Safeties...He even said that it wouldn't be out of the question to keep 5 on the roster.....
    I could see keeping 5 safeties...but only if Chilly is thinking that Dwight Smith is gonna play both safety and corner if need be.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Offense:

Let me hear your guess.

Cogitans,

I could see keeping 5 safeties...but only if Chilly is thinking that Dwight Smith is gonna play both safety and corner if need be.

That would make sense Cajun, but if not for that, I don't see a need for 5.

But then again, I'm only posting what I heard Coach say himself in the past...

"C" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    From last night:

He also made 3 or 4 nice

open-field tackles.

=Z=

Robison had a sack and a forced fumble... I'm pumped about this guy

He is going to be a beast for us, no doubt....Great pick-up in the draft for us....

Hate to say it buddy, but that Avitar has to go....LMAO

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    From last night:

He also made 3 or 4 nice

open-field tackles.

I would say that James got 50% of the snaps at LE once the starters were out.
    They also had James (and Robison) playing some RE.
    I was closely watching the DL and DB positions last night, as they have the most intriguing camp battles to date.
    Robison got faked out twice by the roll-out QB, toss to the TE, but the third time, he held his ground and broke up the play.
    He's got quite the motor and I like him a lot.
    Some dude named Howard Green on the DL also made some plays.
    He came in and made a big play right after Fred Evans got pulled for being offsides.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Offense:

Let me hear your guess.

Cogitans,

That would make sense Cajun, but if not for that, I don't see a need for 5.

Chilly might have to adjust his thinking due to the Erasmus situation...especially since a lack of an effective pass rush was one of our glaring weak spots last season...and due to the fact that we have young talent at the DE spot...while Blue, Tank and Doss are all essentially the same type of player.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    I don't see a need for 5.

The reason behind keeping 5 safeties should also be to secure the special teams units better.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    From last night:

He also made 3 or 4 nice

open-field tackles.

I would say that James got 50% of the snaps at LE once the starters were out.
    They also had James (and Robison) playing some RE.
    I was closely watching the DL and DB positions last night, as they have the most intriguing camp battles to date.
    Robison got faked out twice by the roll-out QB, toss to the TE, but the third time, he held his ground and broke up the play.
    He's got quite the motor and I like him a lot.
    Some dude named Howard Green on the DL also made some plays.
    He came in and made a big play right after Fred Evans got pulled for being offsides.

=Z=
    Howard Green, now theres a name I haven't seen mentioned very often....But nice to hear we have another prospect at the position for depth.

Cogitans,

Thats another way to look at it I guess.....Like I said, it won't suprise me one bit if we keep the 5 safeties...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast