Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Welcome back old friend. Nice to see your avatar and fine posting again.
    Thanks.. it is nice to visit again and see so many familiar faces still around.

Lets see what happens against the 49'rs D though.
    I would not bust his nuts too much when for that game, that is one fine and complete defense. Especially if the replacement refs and their version of the contact rules stay in place.. it will be hard sledding. Harvin leaking out of the backfield and moving the backers will probably be the best play of the day.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We certainly agree there & we need to get rid of any residual Childress staff we might still have.

We have seen what Ponder can do in the last few minutes of a game, how about we try some of that a tad earlier, like say the first quarter.

Unlike some here, I wouldn't mind a defensive coach. I was really hoping they'd make Tomlin head coach & shit-can Childress. But we would then need a top-notch offensive coordinator. Someone with enough credentials that they could be a head coach.
    Defintely agree there, I am still of the belief that defense wins championships. You can win with an average to above average Offense if you have a dominating D. I think th e49ers are a good example, I am not particulary afraid of their offense but try to score on them. I think they will be a tough out in the playoffs.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Bah...it is what it is: a young rebuilding team. We've got some players who make some nice plays, and thus we can keep it close, but our chances of beating really good teams will be very low this season.

Most of the complaints on Ponder: He's looking downfield too long, He's running too much, He's not throwing the deep ball; Tie directly into our gaping hole of nobody who can get open deep. Most teams have 3-5 of those guys. His completion % is spectacular as is his old school QB Rate of 110.6, good for 6th best in the league. Give the boy a legit, out-side, deep threat (or 2) and we will see improvement in Ponder's, Harvin's, AND AP's stats!

I liked the point one of you guys made in the JA thread: Defense kinda is what it is now. With so many rules made to help the Offense, what you can do has changed (add) and most teams play back and try to tackle in front of them. The zone used to rely on hard, bone-jarring hits to knock the ball loose, but now you can't do that, so you have to play the ball instead. We've seen a bit of that with Greenway and Smith, perhaps some of our team is on that idea...?

Hate to say it, but Winny looked really slow vs. Avery. I hope he can step it up a bit as the season rolls one, cuz nobody else starting back there has more than 12 games under their belt!!? D'oh!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by pack93z View Post
    I would not bust his nuts too much when for that game, that is one fine and complete defense. Especially if the replacement refs and their version of the contact rules stay in place.. it will be hard sledding. Harvin leaking out of the backfield and moving the backers will probably be the best play of the day.
    I actually think he is starting to make other players look better around him as he not only used Harvin but he got nice plays (especially on third downs and red zone) out of guys like Toby and Orash.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I actually think he is starting to make other players look better around him as he not only used Harvin but he got nice plays (especially on third downs and red zone) out of guys like Toby and Orash.....
    QB making the players around him better being discussed with a Green Bay fan.....hmmm what does that remind me of.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    QB making the players around him better being discussed with a Green Bay fan.....hmmm what does that remind me of.
    LOL, the irony of it all wasn't wasted on you. Was hoping Pack would pick up on it though. .....snicker........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789