Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OFFICIAL COLTS vs VIKINGS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

With no decent MLB or secondary play the defense is easy to exploit and will fail all year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

At some point we need to realize that Guion isn't a 0 tech.

The problem is your looking at things in the wrong light. Very few of our starters or backups for that matter should me measured against starting caliber players. That's because they aren't to that level yet.

Look at the kid along with the rest in the light that they have played at the next level, showed promise and have the talent and upside to get to the level we want them to in a year or two.

Until you start looking at things that way, your just going to be disappointed all the time.

Marrdro - circa September 2012

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    The fact that we were in the game is unbelievable. Ponder is playing better i'll give him that, but nobody is afraid of him. Anyone notice how awful his play action fakes are? Anyone realize his longest completion is 29 yards....29 freakin yards. Qbs do that with their eyes closed. Good thing we drafted brad johnson 2.0 w the 12th overall pick.

The defensive numbers are so deceptive. The only time we slowed down their o (w a freakin makeshift line mind you) was when they went into prevent offense mode to burn clock.

You can count on us being 1-3 in a couple weeks and drafting early in the first round.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm not gonna go down the whole "Coaching thing". I promised to stay off of them until about week 6 or so.....comeon week six....
    well I'll go early on that - as my wife would testify to - two things indicated coaching to me. Firstly penalties - odd ones I'll tolerate but when they actually allow the opposition to continue drives when they should have been stopped then I'll get mad about that. I'm all for aggressive play but dumbass hits, tackles etc aren't the way to go - yes that is on the player ( as he's the one committing the offence ) but also on the coaching staff for not jumping on said players when they come off the pitch.
    Secondly interest in the game and wanting to get on with it. It was especially noticeable in the 4th quarter when, not only were we trailing the score, we didn't seem to hustle up to the line to run the next play. Hello?? I thought you're there to play football and not out for a gentle afternoon stroll - hell my wife walked quicker than that over the weekend when we were away and she's not in good health !
    The offense was that slow that even the FOX muppets calling the game noticed it so you know it was really slow.

Much as I like Frazier this team is starting to take on his personality, which at present is somewhere between a zombie and 'body on morgue table' in CSI. At present he and the entire coaching staff are coaching themselves out of a job come December.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie
    We are tied for first in the NFCN!

When you are a Vikings fan of late you need to savor the little things in life.

--Scott

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    1. We are a too dependant on Percy Harvin, he is a great player, but if he is going to have to carry the load for the entire season, he is going to go down.. We saw it at the end of the game..

2. Our offensive playboook seems so limited.. We run Peterson, dash it to Harvin and a screen to Toby.. thats pretty much all we got..

3. Why is Jarius Wright inactive all the time?, we need a guy who can come in and make som plays outside of Harvin so why not give him a chance

4. Is the 25 million dollar man John Carlson going to show up at all?.. He has had 2 games and 0 catches.. I rarely see him on the field, what is going on???

5. Defense can't let up on the final drive.. That was hard to watch.. a rookie QB easily dropping off 2 20-yard passes and then a dump penalty to set up the game-winner..

6. Jared Allen, we need him to do something.. he was close to getting a sack today, but him getting 22 last year and not one in the first 2 games so far is not acceptable.. Today he was 1 on 1 with their LT lots of times and still nothing.

7. Penalties.. that killed us today.. The drive where they scored a field goal instead of punting.. That was the 3 points today that gave them the win..

8. Lots to improve and a hard game next week vs the 49ers.. Looks like 1-2 but in the NFL anything can happen.. Like the Cardinals beating the Patriots today..
    Good post skum, pretty much sums up what I saw. Feel bad for Harvin, that dude has been our MVP over the last two weeks and his body is getting used up fast.

It was just week 2 where teams are all trying to get their act together. I expected a close game and saw one. Penalties were the real issue with this game, we are not good enough to overcome all the miscues. Luck reminded me a lot of Aaron Rodgers yesterday, even when we got pressure on him, he was fast enough to avoid the sack and make plays. Of course, every QB reminds me of Aaron Rodgers when they play the Vikings....hmmm.

Other than seeing Ponder improve on the CMacD QB Rating chart, things don't look much different than last year at this point. It is still early though, and I will sit back and see what unfolds over the next several games. If nothing changes, the coaching staff should be where all eyes are focused.

I'm actually pretty interested in next week's game against San Fran at home. Although, most likely another conservative game plan coming from Frazier and Musgrave. Should be a much better measuring stick to see where we are at and whether full on depression is in order.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSoftware View Post
    We are tied for first in the NFCN!

When you are a Vikings fan of late you need to savor the little things in life.

--Scott
    Yepper, and if we beat San Fran next week, we'll be the first team in our division to do it. Truly worthy of class of the North title.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm pretty sure our DL led the league with sacks last year with 50. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't get sacks without bringing pressure.

What we have is DB's playing prevent defense that are off their WR's thus allowing QB's who are flushed out of the pocket by our DL men, to hit their targets on the run. That is not the fault of the DL.
    Did you lose a girl to Marrdro or something? You seem to hammer his analysis no matter what. Marrdro makes some very good points (my friend, Marrdroese) and they are:

1. We need a warpig-Our D-line has gone down hill since when, what happened that you can actually markedly see, Fhat Pat's departure. Since that has happened our D whether it be run D or pass D has gone down hill.

2. We need a Mike linebacker in the worst way. I take that back we one in the worst way.

3. We need some ball hawing safeties!!

If you want the T2 to work you have to be stong up the middle on D IMO! That pretty much goes for any sport.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Before the season started, I thought we would probably go 6-10. And I still think so. We are going to lose a couple we should have won, like yesterday. But we will also win a couple we should probably lose. So it will even out.

Bottom line - we are playing like the 6-10 team I expected us to be. I have my reservations as to whether or not Frazier can get us past that, but I am going to do my best to give him more of the season...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Bad front office, bad coaching, bad players equals a bad record. I'm hunkering down, again, for another woeful campaign. This team isn't even fun to watch. The defense can't play and the offense is just plain Jane boring and unimaginative. Look at the teams that have recently succeed- NYG, SF, GB, NE, and NO. Guess what? They have excellent coaches. We do not. I'm officially off the Leslie bandwagon. I've seen nothing exceptional so far. I hope I'm wrong. BTW, you can see what the loss of Sean Peyton has done to NO. Even Brees can't carry them.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast