Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    ....Refs stink...
    Actually we got away with 3 plays in the first quarter that should have been called against us.

We seem to get more breaks with the replacement refs that we do bad calls against us.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Penalties...come on man.

We need a vertical threat, desperately.

Ponder seems to continue to improve...got a couple of breaks on the way to a 114 QB Rating. I expect more big plays when Simpson is on the field.

Will this Team EVER intercept a pass?

Percy is a star, I hope they are negotiating now.

49er game will be ugly.

Who do we want with the #1 pick?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    All Day needs more carries. 3rd and 16 we run a screen play to Toby Gearhart. Awful play-calling Musgrave! Also, How many times is Winfield gonna keep getting beat deep? Clearly he doesn't have the speed to be in Man-to-Man coverage anymore! So sick of losing these close games. SKOL VIKINGS!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    This was a game I had going into our W column, and this really hurt. We are not a good team, and many of us know that, but we are a team that has the potential to win the games we should. This was a should win game, and we lost.

This might be a very long season.

Brutal.

We are going to get destroyed next week. Its going to be ugly.

I cant understand this mediocre 5 yard pass offense. The only thing I can think of is nobody is getting open down field. I hope this is the case and not a horribly designed and executed dink and dunk wco.

What is
    Rudolph doing? What did he have 2 catches today? What are the tight ends doing in general? Yikes.

Wide receivers? Do we have any on the roster?

Do we have any safeties on the team? What is Harrison doing back there? A couple of deep throws by Luck and I couldnt even see a safety anywhere on the screen. What are they doing back there playing patty cake?
    I dont mind a bad angle or missed tackle from the rookies but they were nowhere to be found!

More to follow, I am annoyed.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

LIVike is offline Starter
    The penalties were just horrible. Showed a complete lack of focus especially the two that extended the drive in the third. Just frustrating to watch.

I dont understand why we dont use Rudolph more. He has great hands and can move the chains but he gets targeted two or three times a game.

Ponder looked good again. The fumble again was bad but overall it was decent. I hope when Simpson comes back they start to be a little more aggressive and hopefully it takes some of the burden off of Harvin.

Walsh again great to see touch backs. Kluwe had some bad punts as well.

I dont understand why they cant play like they did for the last 8 or so minutes of the fourth quarter minus the colts field goal drive. For those few minutes they looked like a good team on both sides of the ball.
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    This is what happens when you pay a TE 25 million instead of a WR. Should have been contempt with Rudolph, and spent that money to lure either a prime time guard or a blooming WR ( many of which were available) Instead we signed a TE who has 0 catches and can't sniff the field. 5 million a year for a back up TE. Sounds about right.

skolgirl77 is offline Waterboy
    Frustrating to say the least! Terrible clock management, few of us watching agreed we need to hire someone to strictly watch the clock.AD seemed non existent after such a promising fresh start last week. Stupid mistakes with waaay too many penalties. This team is better than who showed up today. Thats what is most frustrating we have zero consistency, if your gonna be mediocre at least do it on a regular basis. How do you not play with a sense of urgency when u are down by 2 tds??? Next week I'd gonna be super ugly unless something miraculous happens like in game 3 vs the 49s back in 09..who can forget that!!!!! As always SKOL!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I'm not gonna go down the whole "Coaching thing". I promised to stay off of them until about week 6 or so.....comeon week six....

This loss lies squarely on that which none of you ever seem to want to agree with me on.......the DL.

Please, someone come and try to convince me that the DL is playing great like they did last week. Hell, for the last 3 years for that matter.

This isn't a DB issue. They are doing their job. INT's come in this scheme when the DL does thiers.

(On a side note....were are all the posts about how Winny let receivers get behind him on big plays this week? You can add him to the shitcan list with JA, K-dub and Evans).

This isn't a LB issue. They are not only doing their job but part of the DL job as well.

At some point we need to realize that Kevin is done. JA can't beat a T alone and Guion isn't a 0 tech.

We need to, at least for the rest of the year start to run the young guys out there. Give Griff some reps at RDE or put him in at LDE and let Rob start at RDE. Move Guion to the 3 tech were he belongs and find a 0 tech to put in the middle.

Absolutely horrendous to watch the worst OL in the league, lose their starting Center and still keep a clean pocket for the QB to walk around in and wait for a receiver to come open. Horrendous.

But hey, the DL is playing great.....(If you don't recognize that as sarcasm them I guess you think its true).

On a side note, I was able to watch the Vikes play with my grandson Peyton for the first time. At less than a week old, even he said we have a crappy DL.
    644131_4570745869329_501223355_n.jpg
    Last edited by Marrdro; 09-17-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

This loss lies squarely on that which none of you ever seem to want to agree with me on.......the DL.

Please, someone come and try to convince me that the DL is playing great like they did last week. Hell, for the last 3 years for that matter
    I'm pretty sure our DL led the league with sacks last year with 50. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't get sacks without bringing pressure.

What we have is DB's playing prevent defense that are off their WR's thus allowing QB's who are flushed out of the pocket by our DL men, to hit their targets on the run. That is not the fault of the DL.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast