Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OFFICIAL COLTS vs VIKINGS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Please feel free to post your thoughts, comments and frustarations.

1-1

Lots to complain about, so I assume this will be a pretty negative thread. Walsh was again the bright spot.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Ohh looks like you beat me by a minute Nodak lol. Could a mod merge the topics?

Blog Entries
    OK, there will be a lot of complaining in this thread, most of it warranted. I think that we are looking like a poorly coached team. That many penalties is not acceptable.

The defense definitely struggled, in all areas - secondary, LB, and DL. I actually think our secondary was the best this game, and that is pretty sad. Smith is still learning, but I am optimistic on him.

I love Walsh. Dependable on long FGs, and makes it very difficult to return a kickoff. Great addition to the team.

Ponder continues to improve. He looked decent this game - not great, but not bad. 25/35 (71.4%) for 245 and 2 TDs. But there was one INT that was dropped, and he was pretty lucky on the first TD (that was fun to watch though). He needs to continue to improve if we are going to be contenders next year.

Bottom line for me - Frazier's leash is getting very, very short. Our DL was shut down by a hodge podge OL, and our offense was sluggish despite having Rudolph, Ponder, Harvin, and Peterson all on the field. I see too much talent there for our offense to be going three and out against a poor defense. I put this loss on the coach.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Ohh looks like you beat me by a minute Nodak lol. Could a mod merge the topics?
    lol. Yeah, I'm sure a mod will merge 'em.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Yeah I don't know what to make of this game. It was embarrassing how we played through 3 quarters. The Colts were 2-14 last year, their secondary was worse than ours, they had a rookie QB making his 2nd start, an offensive line with just 1 starter, a patchwork Freenyless defense and yet they stilled owned us on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters. I don't know how us fans are supposed to have confidence when we go up against a real team. We'll find out next week I guess.

In the 3rd quarter I said this is one of those games where everything goes sooo wrong, too wrong in fact that we just might end up winning. I mean how many times did we shoot ourselves in the foot? It was crazy like that, and sure enough we almost pulled out another miracle, but It's pretty hard to win back to back games in miracle fashion.

If we could just find someone (Audie Cole?) with a nose for the football on defense I'm almost positive we win this game. I counted at least 4 near or coulda-been INT's today, but ofc they were all dropped or hit the turf. And we were just 1 lousy turnover away from victory, but for whatever reason, this team is just allergic to takeaways. Hell even just 1 batted down pass at the end and we're headed to OT.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    There was many problems through out the game but with the game on the line, that prevent defense was really really safe. That was so frustrating.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Play clock on final field goal

The Vikings played horribly today, with a host of a problems that have already been noted, BUT. . . did anyone else besides me notice that the play clock had expired 5 to 10 seconds BEFORE the snap for the game winning field goal???
    Does anyone have this on their DVR (I don't) who can go back and look at that??
    Shouldn't that have been a delay of game and a 10 second run-off? The game should have gone to overtime unless the error was actually with the network (the on-screen play clock differing from the on-field play clock).
    Any thoughts on this? Am I wrong???

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    The Vikings played horribly today, with a host of a problems that have already been noted, BUT. . . did anyone else besides me notice that the play clock had expired 5 to 10 seconds BEFORE the snap for the game winning field goal???
    That is what the play clock showed. Perhaps it was not official, but someone should have said something to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    That is what the play clock showed. Perhaps it was not official, but someone should have said something to be sure.
    I wish I had a DVR so I could use a timer to see how much time went by after the spike, to stop the game clock, and the next snap. Just for the hell of it since it doesn't matter anyways -- its over and in the books and, in the grand scheme of this season as a whole, probably won't matter much one way or the other.
    Last edited by EricTheViking; 09-16-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: punctuation

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    I wish I had a DVR so I could use a timer to see how much time went by after the spike, to stop the game clock, and the next snap.
    It was give or take 70 seconds.

The officials did make a clock change in there, so perhaps that mattered, but the clock ran down, and they were allowed 70 seconds with no time out.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast