Harvin is a beast. He may be both the best receiver and best running back on the team. He also is not a very big guy and cannot take the punishment inflicted on him if no one else steps up.
Originally Posted by skum
The Vikings run a similar offense that they ran under Childress. Flat passes, dumps, and some runs. They have switched to the screen on many 3rd and long plays rather than the draw.
2. Our offensive playboook seems so limited.. We run Peterson, dash it to Harvin and a screen to Toby.. that's pretty much all we got.
Are downfield plays even called, or is Ponder just to slow going through his reads? I do not know.
We do not know if Wright would be any better. He was not a gamebreaker in the preseason.
3. Why is Jarius Wright inactive all the time?, we need a guy who can come in and make some plays outside of Harvin so why not give him a chance.
Carlson is still learning the offense. He was out for most of the preseason. He was not a superstar before coming here, so I do not expect him to take over a game.
4. Is the 25 million dollar man John Carlson going to show up at all?.. He has had 2 games and 0 catches.. I rarely see him on the field, what is going on???
I have no confidence in the Vikings pass protection. I do not like the scheme, and the Vikings play it even more loose with the clock running down. Prevent the win twice in two weeks. The Vikings just got lucky last week because they faced last season's worst starter in overtime.
5. Defense can't let up on the final drive.. That was hard to watch.. a rookie QB easily dropping off 2 20-yard passes and then a dump penalty to set up the game-winner.
Jared Allen takes himself out of so many plays that he may as well be on the sideline. He has to change his technique from play to play and swim and cut more. Allen cannot just do the long outside rush play after play like he did today.
6. Jared Allen, we need him to do something.. he was close to getting a sack today, but him getting 22 last year and not one in the first 2 games so far is not acceptable.. Today he was 1 on 1 with their LT lots of times and still nothing.