Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Re: The Official Christian Ponder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095160
    I like the pick. We needed a QB in the 1st. Period. He might work, he might not. That is always the chance you take. Now get an OL in the 2nd!
    I don't think it's a bad pick. I would have taken Colin Kaepernick ... think he's the sleeper of this years QB class. That being said I think Ponder will do fine. May even work out to be a great pick. I do think he's a good kid .... smart and will give 100%.

Ozzie is offline Rookie

I live in the mountain west conference area and have watched a lot of TCU games, and would have preferred Dalton. The kid is tuff and just wins, smart, strong arm, but it is what it is.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "gabe_menendez" #1095169
    I know what you guys are saying that it was a reach... But why take a chance when there were two teams that could possible go after ponder and dalton. I think miami was one of the teams. The vikings have done a nice Job in the draft the last few years (Peterson/Harvin) so I trust that they did there hw. I believe ponder is a boneafied genius, from what I heard on the network he is working on his second masters.
    That is exactly right. And you are one of the exceptionally few that recognize that fact.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

delviking is offline Starter

I didnt like where we took Ponder but i totally understand why they did i like Ponder,
    Heres to him getting it and then Webb goes and uses his uber athletism to WR.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Do you start him?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Yes.

Start him day one and let him go. Make the offense simpler and take what you get.

In the end GB is going to be better than us next year and Detroit is on the rise so we will be fighting Chicago for the cellar anyway and maybe we can get an even higher pick next year to spend on the secondary.

One thing is for sure, with the way the division is going we are going to need to stop the high power offenses in the league with a better secondary and we are going to have to be able to block much better because all of the other teams in our division are stacking their DL's.

delviking is offline Starter

id like them to bring in a FA vet for a year but Yeah Id start him and use our RBs as our main source of offense Id run peterson outside more often and use Gerhart to tire the Interior.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1095177
    Do you start him?
    Hell no. We start McNabb.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1095183
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1095177
    Do you start him?
    Hell no. We start McNabb.
    That was naughty.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Well... I guess on the whole I am pretty happy with this pick. After Jacksonville pulled a fast one and grabbed Locker, I was wondering what was going on. I knew Gabbert wouldn't make it to us even after Arizona passed on him, which is why, I think, we were trying to move up into Dallas's spot but could not get a deal done. The way things fell out, I was expecting us to go for that CB Prince A, who was slipping and we really could have used, but Ponder is a great fit for us. Even if we did have to take him a little higher that we might have liked.

IMO he is the best fit for our style of offense among the top QB prospects. He's very smart, has decent mobility and escape ability and excellent vision. Just the kind of guy we need.

Now, if we can just protect him... our focus from here out must be on O-line, then DBs. There is still some good talent out there, so my fingers are crossed that we can get one or two of them.

I will consider Ponder to be a nice birthday present, for the time being.

It's good to be back.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast