Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Like I have been saying, With Jennings, Wright, Simpson and Rudolph I really think we are going to have a decent passing game this year. Wright showed he has the ability to make plays in the slot and jennings should be a great possession WR. Combine that with Simpson having a full off season to adapt to the playbook and get on the same page as Ponder and I think some fans are going to be pleasantly surprised at how good the offense is going to look. Then with a few high draft picks spent on key defensive needs the team is going to be young and competitive this year and hopefully without the attitude that some of the guys we got rid of had.
    I like your positivity (too much negative nancy's around here lately. It's making me sick) I think we will draft a good receiver with one of the first 3 picks and have a pretty good all-round offense in 2013. And who knows? maybe Greg Childs will breakout (as in making plays on the field. Not breaking legs. Breaking the defender's ankle however, that I wouldn't mind)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I guess if a guy can convince himself that Winfield was a P.O.S. with a bad attitude, Jefferson can easily replace him, Simpson only needs another offseason to grasp the playbook and pay off huge dividends after being here a year and Ponder is a bonafide franchise QB, I guess you can believe anything. Especially if you sugar-coat it a bunch.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I guess if a guy can convince himself that Winfield was a P.O.S. with a bad attitude, Jefferson can easily replace him, Simpson only needs another offseason to grasp the playbook and pay off huge dividends after being here a year and Ponder is a bonafide franchise QB, I guess you can believe anything. Especially if you sugar-coat it a bunch.
    Nice, singesrsp. You're getting there! :P I actually thought you were serious there for a moment haha

The site is so slow. I don't think I've seen it so boring before. What happened to everyone? And when someone posts is almost seem to be some negative stuff. I, for one, am really proud of the way Minnesota played and I think the future looks very bright.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Nice, singesrsp. You're getting there! :P I actually thought you were serious there for a moment haha

The site is so slow. I don't think I've seen it so boring before. What happened to everyone? And when someone posts is almost seem to be some negative stuff. I, for one, am really proud of the way Minnesota played and I think the future looks very bright.
    I wasn't referring to you BTW. Some have gone over to VWO, some to FB forums or other sites & some just aren't posting due to the offseason.

Personally, I think our future could be brighter, but Ponder doesn't fit into that future. Meanwhile we waste talent we already have like Rudolph who has a lot more potential than how he is being used now. The Pro Bowl was a great indicator of what he can do with a decent QB throwing to him.

We also have a hard time keeping the talent we have, with few exceptions, once they hit FA, unless that player is mediocre/average.

I think Jennings will have a decent year, but nothing like he had back in GB in 2010. Fans don't mention the fact that he had Rodgers throwing to him before & now it's Ponder. Quite a difference there. He also doesn't rush like Harvin did, nor is he a KR & when they traded Harvin we lost a great KR as well. Only one other player who returned more than 3 kicks had a higher average than Harvin. Sherels, who is left to continue to fill those duties averaged 10 yards less per return than Harvin.

I also think teams will try to mimic what GB did to AD in the playoff game & have better success slowing him down, but Ponder won't be able to counter it with his arm consistently enough.

The 3 minutes of highlights is nice, but only shows the highlights hes had over the past 2 years and a good chunk of it was him running the ball. He can at times make plays, it's all the other times he can't that I worry about.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I wasn't referring to you BTW. Some have gone over to VWO, some to FB forums or other sites & some just aren't posting due to the offseason.

Personally, I think our future could be brighter, but Ponder doesn't fit into that future. Meanwhile we waste talent we already have like Rudolph who has a lot more potential than how he is being used now. The Pro Bowl was a great indicator of what he can do with a decent QB throwing to him.

We also have a hard time keeping the talent we have, with few exceptions, once they hit FA, unless that player is mediocre/average.

I think Jennings will have a decent year, but nothing like he had back in GB in 2010. Fans don't mention the fact that he had Rodgers throwing to him before & now it's Ponder. Quite a difference there. He also doesn't rush like Harvin did, nor is he a KR & when they traded Harvin we lost a great KR as well. Only one other player who returned more than 3 kicks had a higher average than Harvin. Sherels, who is left to continue to fill those duties averaged 10 yards less per return than Harvin.

I also think teams will try to mimic what GB did to AD in the playoff game & have better success slowing him down, but Ponder won't be able to counter it with his arm consistently enough.

The 3 minutes of highlights is nice, but only shows the highlights hes had over the past 2 years and a good chunk of it was him running the ball. He can at times make plays, it's all the other times he can't that I worry about.
    Actually, the highlights are only from last year, but yeah... I get your point. I'm more skeptical to Ponder than positive, but my point was really that the is a lot of positivity. And I also think that the negativity surrounding one guy, although a very important position, is too much talked about. Sometimes we just have to place our faith in something.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Christian Ponder 2012 Season Highlights

Christian Ponder is looking really good in this video. Honestly, watching this video gave me shivers down my back (in a good way). It gave me some positivity after so much negativity surrounding Ponder.

Ponder CAN be a great quarterback in the NFL because when he plays good he is good. The clue to Ponder becoming elite consist of four factors:

1. The coach should perhaps give Ponder more freedom and trust his deep throw more. Ponder has shown that he has a powerful arm and seems to have a sharp mind to be a great QB. I like what I see when he takes control of the offense (pre-snap reads and no-huddle offense).

2. Not only the coaches, but Ponder should also perhaps trust in himself more. Let himself use his creativity and his mobility. I'm very sure that he's told to stay in the pocket and play safe when on the run, but I'm also sure that this is against Ponder's nature. He has underrated mobility and flashes at times when he has to improvise.

3. Don't be stupid fans; be supportive fans! NOTHING good comes from booing the guy as it will only worsen what is already bad. It's just an evil circle. Don't let us end up like these fans.

4. Last, but most importantly, Ponder needs to be consistent at his good. It took Peyton Manning some time to be consistent. Will it take Ponder one year as the starter to be consistent, will he need another year, or will he never be consistent? Time will tell, but let's just agree that he has NFL potential on film so let's not cut him already.

SKOL
    Holy cow HEY.
    Guess I'm not used to that type of positive post anymore. It has been a long time. Good to hear.
    It would be nice to hear more of it.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Holy cow HEY.
    Guess I'm not used to that type of positive post anymore. It has been a long time. Good to hear.
    It would be nice to hear more of it.
    YEAH thanks! haha
    Only ten days for the draft now. Let us hope we will have a lot of positivity going out of that.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142