Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The first hurdle for Ponder has been reached. He has improved the passing game.
    Lets wait until he has a few more games under his belt and a better completion average much better than 52% before calling that hurdle reached, OK?

Last time against GB, he completed only 41% of his passes after completing 53% the week before that. Lets see how he does tonight.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Hey, at least I don't need any medications to get my tent up
    LOL!

I'll be having no problem pitching tents in less than 30 days. Mt. Vesuvius will be erupting on a regular basis.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Lets wait until he has a few more games under his belt and a better completion average much better than 52% before calling that hurdle reached, OK?

Last time against GB, he completed only 41% of his passes after completing 53% the week before that. Lets see how he does tonight.
    I agree with Smegma on this one. He has definitely already improved the passing game, regardless of his completion percentage. Because he has established the play-action, and given life to the offense. It's not perfect. But it's definitely better!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Since around 17 or so, I have not once set up a tent without a beer in hand. Does that count?
    So how long in beer time does it take for you to pitch a tent?

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So how long in beer time does it take for you to pitch a tent?
    He probably pitches a lot of tents but doesn't drive many stakes!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    LOL!

I'll be having no problem pitching tents in less than 30 days. Mt. Vesuvius will be erupting on a regular basis.
    I take it you're getting the cast off yer left hand?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I take it you're getting the cast off yer left hand?
    No, my wife's VISA will be finalized next month & I will be bringing her back to the USA after spending Xmas over there & visiting Nordic Ned.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    No, my wife's VISA will be finalized next month & I will be bringing her back to the USA after spending Xmas over there & visiting Nordic Ned.
    Cudos. Sounds like a good Christmas.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Christian Ponder 2012 Season Highlights

Christian Ponder is looking really good in this video. Honestly, watching this video gave me shivers down my back (in a good way). It gave me some positivity after so much negativity surrounding Ponder.

Ponder CAN be a great quarterback in the NFL because when he plays good he is good. The clue to Ponder becoming elite consist of four factors:

1. The coach should perhaps give Ponder more freedom and trust his deep throw more. Ponder has shown that he has a powerful arm and seems to have a sharp mind to be a great QB. I like what I see when he takes control of the offense (pre-snap reads and no-huddle offense).

2. Not only the coaches, but Ponder should also perhaps trust in himself more. Let himself use his creativity and his mobility. I'm very sure that he's told to stay in the pocket and play safe when on the run, but I'm also sure that this is against Ponder's nature. He has underrated mobility and flashes at times when he has to improvise.

3. Don't be stupid fans; be supportive fans! NOTHING good comes from booing the guy as it will only worsen what is already bad. It's just an evil circle. Don't let us end up like these fans.

4. Last, but most importantly, Ponder needs to be consistent at his good. It took Peyton Manning some time to be consistent. Will it take Ponder one year as the starter to be consistent, will he need another year, or will he never be consistent? Time will tell, but let's just agree that he has NFL potential on film so let's not cut him already.

SKOL

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Like I have been saying, With Jennings, Wright, Simpson and Rudolph I really think we are going to have a decent passing game this year. Wright showed he has the ability to make plays in the slot and jennings should be a great possession WR. Combine that with Simpson having a full off season to adapt to the playbook and get on the same page as Ponder and I think some fans are going to be pleasantly surprised at how good the offense is going to look. Then with a few high draft picks spent on key defensive needs the team is going to be young and competitive this year and hopefully without the attitude that some of the guys we got rid of had.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast