Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Official Christian Ponder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by "Braddock" #1095152
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095128
    I guess everyone who thought we were gonna turn into the Atlanta Falcons version of the WCO instead of sticking with what this team was built to do, just got fooled didn't they.

At 12, I'm a bit upset, but overall, I like Ponder.

Works the shorter routes. Is mobile. Can throw a deep ball but has to work on it. I like him.

Resign Rice so he has that comfort blanket of a reciever with Percy underneath and we are set.
    I didn't think about Percy, combined with this guy's underneath route accuracy. That is deadly. And if we keep Rice, Sid isn't the fastest, so the guy doesn't need the biggest arm, he just needs to get it to the area, and Sid will take it in.

I didn't know he was MVP of the Senior Bowl. The more I find out about the pick, the happier I get. still, #12 was high, but as everyone has said, if he is the guy, and he plays like it, then he could be #1 for all I care. Just want a franchise QB.
    Again, I'm onboard with the kid. I liked him, not as much as Locker or Gab but I like him.

My issue with him was the injury as it relates to his lazy delivery. From what Spielman just said, it checked out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "scraaaaazy" #1095153
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Maybe Favre will come back for one more year so Ponder can learn a little and not get thrown into the fire. Sitting behind Favre for at least a year could be the answer and make the difference between success and failure for Ponder.
    That would be sweet! I will take McNabb too but I have a feeling he ends up in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095155
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095134
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1095129
    Obviously this was THEIR guy ... and they didn't think he would be there at No. 43.

They HAVE to take him. They have no choice when it comes to a QB. But ... Ricky boy and Leslie have all joined in a circle with Ponder playing Ring Around The Rosey ... if it falls ... They all fall down.
    I agree Midg. Looks like took the full time so they were obviously trying to move down.

In the end, it had to be Ponder cause they could have moved up for Gabbert or Locker.

Lets hope Austin or Paea are there at 43.
    LMFAO! I bet it is eating you alive that Fairley was there and we did not take him. It was you that said he would not and don't lie and say you did not want him. When will you learn.
    I wanted ole Fairley in the worst way. I do like Ponder though. Thing is, this draft has a few more "Warpigs" that I like that can fit the bill so I am not ready to cut my throat yet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I like the pick. We needed a QB in the 1st. Period. He might work, he might not. That is always the chance you take. Now get an OL in the 2nd!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

One thing I just noticed- He wore #7 in college.

I wonder if he takes Jacksons number from him or do we just release Tjack now to vacate the jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1095161

I wonder if he takes Jacksons number from him or do we just release Tjack now to vacate the jersey?
    TJ is a FA.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095162

TJ is a FA.
    Yeah, I knew that but had a CRS moment.

Spielman did not even mention TJ when he talked about the competition. Hell he even mentioned Rhett. LOL! Jackson is gone.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

I like it...yeah, it may have been a reach, but then again it may not have. In the end, I'll hold judgement until we know if he is our franchise QB. If he becomes a franchise QB for us then it wasn't a reach, but a brilliant pick.

I know what you guys are saying that it was a reach... But why take a chance when there were two teams that could possible go after ponder and dalton. I think miami was one of the teams. The vikings have done a nice Job in the draft the last few years (Peterson/Harvin) so I trust that they did there hw. I believe ponder is a boneafied genius, from what I heard on the network he is working on his second masters.
    Too much talent

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast