Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: The Official Christian Ponder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by "Viking-Swede" #1097843
    Hey guys, new member so sorry havent read all 25 pages on this topic.

Christian Ponder brings the perfect skillset for our offense but dont forget that Vikings was trying to get up to the number 9 overall pick (cowboys) to get Gabbert.
    That is what i believe was going on until the last second after the Titans past on Gabbert.

The Vikings prolly had a 1-5 rank on the QB's and would have taken the best that was availible, if Ponder would have been of the board i thing we would have picks Dalton.
    Welcome to the site Viking-Swede!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "Viking-Swede" #1097843
    Hey guys, new member so sorry havent read all 25 pages on this topic.

Christian Ponder brings the perfect skillset for our offense but dont forget that Vikings was trying to get up to the number 9 overall pick (cowboys) to get Gabbert.
    That is what i believe was going on until the last second after the Titans past on Gabbert.

The Vikings prolly had a 1-5 rank on the QB's and would have taken the best that was availible, if Ponder would have been of the board i thing we would have picks Dalton.
    Welcome to our home away from home! I gope we will see a lot more of your posts.

I agree in general with your point about Ponder being a great fit sills-wise. Because of this, I believe that he was our target player all along, not Gabbert, although you always have to consider a guy like that if you have the chance at him.

During the draft it looked more to me like the Cowboys were trying to trade down, not the Vikings trying to trade up. They knew we needed a QB and they did not, so they were trying to dangle the higher pick in order to grab some extras from us. The price was too steep, IMO, so it did not happen. The Vikings at 12 also wanted to trade down just a little, but due to bad positioning and lack of a third round pick, no such deal could be made.

People call it a reach to take him at 12, but I am with the small group on here who say that it doesn't matter where he was picked, as long as he becomes the guy we want him to be. IMO, the bigger reach and surprise was Locker. Not only did they take him that high, but traded away a lot of picks to get him. He'll cost more, as well. They gambled their entire franchise for years to come on that one pick.

In then end, I am happy with how things turned out, and I think Ponder will be great for us over the long haul.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Glad I didn't read the previous 24 pages! WOW! All I can say is I'm exstatic about the Vikings drafting Ponder over anyone else! No, really, I mean that! He's the face of this franchise for the next 10 years as they say!

I've been a big FSU fan for decades and loved the way he played through all the crap in his last 2 seasons! He'll definetly be an upgrade over the likes of TJOKE, Frerotte, Holcomb, Bollinger, et all! We just are gonna have to live with some minor hiccups in the process!

Until that OL starts to play like professionals and the defensive secondary can find a jock strap worthy of the billing, we probably won't be too happy with the outcome of games for at least a season!

Mind you miracles have happened before! Hell, just look across the cess pool over into Sconie ville! If those bunch of hillbilly INBREDNECKS can foster a champion then the State of Minnesota should be able to as well!

God help me if I'm wrong! Hoo Ah! SKOL Vikings!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Viking-Swede is offline Waterboy

Thanks for the Welcome guys, dident expect rough Vikings to be so nice.

All scheme's and that aside i believe that if your guy is out there you need to go and get him. I Dont necessarily think that i was higher on a guy like Flacco coming out of college and with a decent Defense and A.P we can pretect Ponder.
    I think Ryan Mallett and Ponder was the guys that was most proready so thats is a good thing if we cant bring in a veteran.

Getting a future franchise QB and his best friend on the field in a TE is great and i am exited about being a Viking right now.

Sry its 05:00 in the morning and i am going to work so dont have energi to make sure i have spelled it all rignt.

Have a great day Vikingfans.
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Viking-Swede" #1097870
    Thanks for the Welcome guys, dident expect rough Vikings to be so nice.

All scheme's and that aside i believe that if your guy is out there you need to go and get him. I Dont necessarily think that i was higher on a guy like Flacco coming out of college and with a decent Defense and A.P we can pretect Ponder.
    I think Ryan Mallett and Ponder was the guys that was most proready so thats is a good thing if we cant bring in a veteran.

Getting a future franchise QB and his best friend on the field in a TE is great and i am exited about being a Viking right now.

Sry its 05:00 in the morning and i am going to work so dont have energi to make sure i have spelled it all rignt.

Have a great day Vikingfans.
    Well if spelling a few words wrong is the worst stuff you do, then you'll be fine. I'll welcome you to the board (for whatever that's worth) as long as you know what it means to overthrow someone.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1097884
    as long as you know what it means to overthrow someone.

lmao! That was the worst 'discussion' there has been yet.

Viking-Swede is offline Waterboy

That you might believe i dont know what that means was just mean dude, haha

Thx for all the welcomes
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Viking-Swede" #1097887
    That you might believe i dont know what that means was just mean dude, haha

Thx for all the welcomes
    Where is your welcome thread?
    We're bringing purple back.