Re: Like it or not, the Vikings' long-awaited answer h

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096893
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096892
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096889
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096876
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096786
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096710
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/121459978.html
    Two weeks ago, the biggest question was, simply put, who’s going to be the Vikings’ quarterback?

Minnesota needs to start Ponder now and forget any notion about delaying the Ponder-era. Bringing in Donovan McNabb or Carson Palmer or Alex Smith isn’t going to change the fact that Ponder was the 12th pick in the draft and will be sitting there waiting. Yes, you want a winning and productive quarterback, no matter who it may be. But if a veteran comes in and wins, then this No. 12 pick could have easily been an impact defensive player that could have boosted a unit needing life at the moment.

Tim Rohan
    Tim is an aspiring sportswriter and a junior at the University of Michigan
    Just another media hack, no?

Or is it that only those publishing anything negative about Ponder is a media hack & anyone publishing only good things about him is worthy of you posting it here?
    Nothing behind it other than I was posting an article that came up. Let me know if you are the only one allowed to do that from now on.
    So is that a yes or no that this guy is one of those media hacks you speak of?
    No, that is Marty's bit. Not mine.
    I disagree. When Marty posted an article where the author stated Ponder "floated" the deep ball, you referred to that author as a media hack or very similar words. Remember that discussion with Marty?
    Probably not but he is a big boy and can take care of himself.

Go find one of Caines posts and twist it around some more.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2009/10/27/1098345/what-are-the-davey-obrien-award

I bit of a bias but shows shows how he probably would've been a first round talent had he not got hurt...
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1096906
    http://www.tomahawknation.com/2009/10/27/1098345/what-are-the-davey-obrien-award

I bit of a bias but shows shows how he probably would've been a first round talent had he not got hurt...
    What an excellent read. I "Ponder" what these stats would look like if they included his 2010 data.

Regardless....

Love this one....

Ponder has thrown 1 interception in 196 pass attempts against BCS conference competition. Miami's Jacory Harris, who is on the list, has thrown 8 in 139 pass attempts. That's a pick every 17 throws! What about Tebow and McCoy? Tebow tosses an interception every 23 throws, and McCoy once every 29. Again, Ponder throws one every 196 passes. Yet he isn't in the discussion as the best quarterback in the country?
    and this one......

What about TD/ INT Ratio? People seem to love this measure.

Player TD/ INT
    Christian Ponder 10/1
    Zac Robinson 8/1
    Jimmy Claussen 12/2
    Tony Pike 7/2
    Bill Stull 10/3
    Darryl Clark 9/4
    Todd Reesing 9/5
    Ricky Stanzi 8/6
    Jacory Harris 10/8
    Colt McCoy 6/5
    Matt Barkley 6/5
    Jake Locker 9/8
    Tim Tebow 3/4

Oh, look at that. Ponder is again the best. Yet the O'Brien selection committee, comprised largely of lazy sportswriters who don't watch much football or pay attention, instead voting based on some pre-season list and throwing in a few QB's on teams with a good record, passed up the top quarterback in the country.
    I don't know about you fellas/gals, but if you give this staff a highly accurate QB that doesn't turn the ball over all the damn time, I think they could win something in this league, regardless of how experienced he might or might not be at this level.

Again, an excellent read my friend. Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096930

What an excellent read. I "Ponder" what these stats would look like if they included his 2010 data.

Regardless....

Love this one....

Ponder has thrown 1 interception in 196 pass attempts against BCS conference competition. Miami's Jacory Harris, who is on the list, has thrown 8 in 139 pass attempts. That's a pick every 17 throws! What about Tebow and McCoy? Tebow tosses an interception every 23 throws, and McCoy once every 29. Again, Ponder throws one every 196 passes. Yet he isn't in the discussion as the best quarterback in the country?
    and this one......

Player TD/ INT
    Christian Ponder 10/1
    Zac Robinson 8/1
    Jimmy Claussen 12/2
    Tony Pike 7/2
    Bill Stull 10/3
    Darryl Clark 9/4
    Todd Reesing 9/5
    Ricky Stanzi 8/6
    Jacory Harris 10/8
    Colt McCoy 6/5
    Matt Barkley 6/5
    Jake Locker 9/8
    Tim Tebow 3/4

Oh, look at that. Ponder is again the best. Yet the O'Brien selection committee, comprised largely of lazy sportswriters who don't watch much football or pay attention, instead voting based on some pre-season list and throwing in a few QB's on teams with a good record, passed up the top quarterback in the country.
    I don't know about you fellas/gals, but if you give this staff a highly accurate QB that doesn't turn the ball over all the damn time, I think they could win something in this league, regardless of how experienced he might or might not be at this level.

Careful with your stats my friend, don't let them give you a false sense of meaningfulness.

Good stats nonetheless B)

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Regardless....

Love this one....

and this one......

Player TD/ INT
    Christian Ponder 10/1
    Zac Robinson 8/1
    Jimmy Claussen 12/2
    Tony Pike 7/2
    Bill Stull 10/3
    Darryl Clark 9/4
    Todd Reesing 9/5
    Ricky Stanzi 8/6
    Jacory Harris 10/8
    Colt McCoy 6/5
    Matt Barkley 6/5
    Jake Locker 9/8
    Tim Tebow 3/4

What is a BCS team?
    Why are they not looking at other games? In 09 ponder had 14td and 7int. In 2010 20td 8int. If those BCS stats are accurate I have to wonder what happened in the non BCS games that he hat only 4td and 6int.

The biggest knock on Ponder is he can't stay on the field. He missed the last 4 games of 09 and missed two games in 2010 and only threw 5 passes in there bowl game.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1096961

Regardless....

Love this one....

and this one......

Player TD/ INT
    Christian Ponder 10/1
    Zac Robinson 8/1
    Jimmy Claussen 12/2
    Tony Pike 7/2
    Bill Stull 10/3
    Darryl Clark 9/4
    Todd Reesing 9/5
    Ricky Stanzi 8/6
    Jacory Harris 10/8
    Colt McCoy 6/5
    Matt Barkley 6/5
    Jake Locker 9/8
    Tim Tebow 3/4

What is a BCS team?
    Why are they not looking at other games? In 09 ponder had 14td and 7int. In 2010 20td 8int. If those BCS stats are accurate I have to wonder what happened in the non BCS games that he hat only 4td and 6int.

The biggest knock on Ponder is he can't stay on the field. He missed the last 4 games of 09 and missed two games in 2010 and only threw 5 passes in there bowl game.
    Because selecting only the BCS games gives a sense that the talent of the opponents was higher and it also gave Ponder the best TD/INT ratio so it was a perfect storm statistical comparison.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096894
    Two weeks ago, the biggest question was, simply put, who’s going to be the Vikings’ quarterback?

Minnesota needs to start Ponder now and forget any notion about delaying the Ponder-era. Bringing in Donovan McNabb or Carson Palmer or Alex Smith isn’t going to change the fact that Ponder was the 12th pick in the draft and will be sitting there waiting. Yes, you want a winning and productive quarterback, no matter who it may be. But if a veteran comes in and wins, then this No. 12 pick could have easily been an impact defensive player that could have boosted a unit needing life at the moment.

Tim Rohan

Or is it that only those publishing anything negative about Ponder is a media hack & anyone publishing only good things about him is worthy of you posting it here?
    Nothing behind it other than I was posting an article that came up. Let me know if you are the only one allowed to do that from now on.
    I disagree. When Marty posted an article where the author stated Ponder "floated" the deep ball, you referred to that author as a media hack or very similar words. Remember that discussion with Marty?

Nobody twisted Caine's post. He posted an opened ended response like that & he got feedback based on that interpretation.

No matter what response was posted towards that comment, he could have easily stated it was interpreted wrong. Ergo, a convenient back door.

This isn't about Marty being a big boy. Marty was used in an example where you referred to an author being a hack, which you denied. Marty's not the one in question and has nothing to answer for, but I'm sure he's not as forgetful about your response as you are.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097090

Tim Rohan

Nobody twisted Caine's post. He posted an opened ended response like that & he got feedback based on that interpretation.

No matter what response was posted towards that comment, he could have easily stated it was interpreted wrong. Ergo, a convenient back door.

This isn't about Marty being a big boy. Marty was used in an example where you referred to an author being a hack, which you denied. Marty's not the one in question and has nothing to answer for, but I'm sure he's not as forgetful about your response as you are.
    Really it is a bit boring as far as I am concerned but if it is a big deal to you, then pull up the whole conversation, make sure it is presented in the context it was written in and then I will give you your answer.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1097091

Tim Rohan

Really it is a bit boring as far as I am concerned but if it is a big deal to you, then pull up the whole conversation, make sure it is presented in the context it was written in and then I will give you your answer.
    There's no need. I already know the answer, thus my initial post.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097098
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1097091

Tim Rohan

There's no need. I already know the answer, thus my initial post.
    Considering your lack of ability to understand context of so many peoples posts I highly doubt you know. But if it amuses you then feel free.

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast