Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: The Official Christian Ponder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1096814
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096812
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1096809
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1096800
    but more to start developing a rapport with them - thats something that only comes with reps and unfortunately those are agoing to be limited this off season.
    Why do you say that? Favre did it just fine two years ago, so it is possible. Right marr? :woohoo: :woohoo:
    He did my friend.

I think, what will be telling, is who gets the reps during the offseason, whatever that is.

My guess, young Ponder is gonna get as much as his little arm can handle.

Again, the kid says he knows most of the scheme. That just leaves getting familiar with running the scheme. Not gonna happen unless he gets the reps.
    Not sure if you are just saying little arm because he's so young or because he supposedly has a weak arm, but I think this video shows he has all the arm strength we could hope for, especially in our offense.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Jar435rnc

50 Yards!?!? Plenty strength on that throw.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096832
    You did notice that there is a actual plan to start the season 3 weeks later right?

Take a look at how all the bye weeks line up.

NFL Schedule Leaves Room
    Plan to start 3 weeks late? Not really. They have a contingency plan, as any good organization should. THey're not planning on starting late, they're preparing for the 'what if' scenarios.

"What if" the lockout goes through august? "What If" it goes into September?

They'll probably shorten the season, and move the key games to different time slots.
    Jeesus Marty, it says it right here:
    suggests the league has a backup plan in place to allow for a full season even if the lockout causes up to three weeks of missed games:
    That's not a plan to start late, it's a backup plan. A "Solution" if you may. If they didn't anticipate issues, then they'd be stuck with their thumbs in their asses going "durrrr..".

But back you your attempted point, if the lockout continues and we miss too much more TC, do you really think they're going to postpone the season to give a full offseason? Hell no. We're already 3 weeks overdue. That 3 weeks can be made up, but anything going forward can't. If the Lockout goes into June as expected, that's alot of OTA's and MIni-Camps missed. If the Lockout goes through to July, that's getting into Training Camp territory. giving an extra three weeks won't be what makes the difference between a ROokie knowing what to do or what not to do. 3 weeks is nothing. A summers worth of practice and repitition is what he needs, not 3 weeks of crammed practices.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096840
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096832
    You did notice that there is a actual plan to start the season 3 weeks later right?

Take a look at how all the bye weeks line up.

NFL Schedule Leaves Room
    Plan to start 3 weeks late? Not really. They have a contingency plan, as any good organization should. THey're not planning on starting late, they're preparing for the 'what if' scenarios.

"What if" the lockout goes through august? "What If" it goes into September?

They'll probably shorten the season, and move the key games to different time slots.
    Jeesus Marty, it says it right here:
    suggests the league has a backup plan in place to allow for a full season even if the lockout causes up to three weeks of missed games:
    That's not a plan to start late, it's a backup plan. A "Solution" if you may. If they didn't anticipate issues, then they'd be stuck with their thumbs in their asses going "durrrr..".

But back you your attempted point, if the lockout continues and we miss too much more TC, do you really think they're going to postpone the season to give a full offseason? Hell no. We're already 3 weeks overdue. That 3 weeks can be made up, but anything going forward can't. If the Lockout goes into June as expected, that's alot of OTA's and MIni-Camps missed. If the Lockout goes through to July, that's getting into Training Camp territory. giving an extra three weeks won't be what makes the difference between a ROokie knowing what to do or what not to do. 3 weeks is nothing. A summers worth of practice and repitition is what he needs, not 3 weeks of crammed practices.
    You completely missed my point. No worries, this is a Ponder thread.

Trust me, if they are going to make him the starter this year, the CBA think won't affect that.

Just like all teams, he will have just as much time to get ready with his team as all the other players.

Guess what, the Vet (if they bring one in) will have the same amount of time as Ponder.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096843
    Guess what, the Vet (if they bring one in) will have the same amount of time as Ponder.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxJimGgu58

difference is the vet doesn't have to learn how to play at an NFL level, Ponder does. That automatically gives any Vet a step up, they can get started right away at learning the scheme, players and coaches rather than ajusting their throwing motion, footwork and reads.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096848
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096843
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxJimGgu58

difference is the vet doesn't have to learn how to play at an NFL level, Ponder does. That automatically gives any Vet a step up, they can get started right away at learning the scheme, players and coaches rather than ajusting their throwing motion, footwork and reads.
    And we were doing so good. Why do you have to resort to that tact?

Of course a vet would have a step up. Of course a vet would be better. I'm not disputing that.

I'm not making the 53 man roster or anything. I'm just "Pondering" what the staff might be doing and saying I won't be upset, if they go with him.

Again, it gets back to the checkbook and the list of cats that need to be signed on the team.

Can they afford a high priced vet and still sign all of them. My guess, the answer is NO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096852
    Can they afford a high priced vet and still sign all of them. My guess, the answer is NO.
    Why not? Over the past 6 years, we've consistently worked under the cap. We've consistently signed new players without an issue. Yes, some guys walk, but I suspect money isn't normally the issue. We pursue guys like Favre, who command $20 mil/year, LT who commands alot of money, Moss who has a big payday. Those three guys alone could cover Rice, Greenway and maybe two backups salary. We'll still be in decent financial shape after that. Favre alone accounts for $20 mil. That money can go a hell of alot farther to sign who we need than a few mil we'd give a guy like McNabb or Palmer.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Like it or not, the Vikings' long-awaited answer h

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096786
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096710
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/121459978.html
    Two weeks ago, the biggest question was, simply put, who’s going to be the Vikings’ quarterback?

Minnesota needs to start Ponder now and forget any notion about delaying the Ponder-era. Bringing in Donovan McNabb or Carson Palmer or Alex Smith isn’t going to change the fact that Ponder was the 12th pick in the draft and will be sitting there waiting. Yes, you want a winning and productive quarterback, no matter who it may be. But if a veteran comes in and wins, then this No. 12 pick could have easily been an impact defensive player that could have boosted a unit needing life at the moment.

Tim Rohan
    Tim is an aspiring sportswriter and a junior at the University of Michigan
    Just another media hack, no?

Or is it that only those publishing anything negative about Ponder is a media hack & anyone publishing only good things about him is worthy of you posting it here?
    Nothing behind it other than I was posting an article that came up. Let me know if you are the only one allowed to do that from now on.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096876
    Two weeks ago, the biggest question was, simply put, who’s going to be the Vikings’ quarterback?

Minnesota needs to start Ponder now and forget any notion about delaying the Ponder-era. Bringing in Donovan McNabb or Carson Palmer or Alex Smith isn’t going to change the fact that Ponder was the 12th pick in the draft and will be sitting there waiting. Yes, you want a winning and productive quarterback, no matter who it may be. But if a veteran comes in and wins, then this No. 12 pick could have easily been an impact defensive player that could have boosted a unit needing life at the moment.

Tim Rohan

Or is it that only those publishing anything negative about Ponder is a media hack & anyone publishing only good things about him is worthy of you posting it here?
    Nothing behind it other than I was posting an article that came up. Let me know if you are the only one allowed to do that from now on.
    So is that a yes or no that this guy is one of those media hacks you speak of?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096889

Tim Rohan

No, that is Marty's bit. Not mine.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096892
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096889

Tim Rohan

No, that is Marty's bit. Not mine.
    I disagree. When Marty posted an article where the author stated Ponder "floated" the deep ball, you referred to that author as a media hack or very similar words. Remember that discussion with Marty?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast