Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Official Christian Ponder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1095741
    I found interesting when looking at his splits this year, 16 of his 20 touchdowns game in the red zone this year. How many picks did he throw? 1... I think this provides some insight of what kind of offense we will be next year.

My opinion, expect some very long drives that kill a lot of clock and expect our defensive numbers to be substantially better than last year. He seems to be a very efficient quarterback on third downs and in the red zone which is exactly the reasons why we struggled last year. Don't expect the offense to be too much different from past years.

As for AP, he may be set for a 350 plus carry season this year.
    What an outstanding post my friend.

Still not sure why almost everyone is still clamoring for a Vet to bridge the gap. Mix in that effeciency and ability to grasp the scheme (he is familiar with by the way) along with the money that will be spent elsewhere (Rice/Chad/AD/Hussain etc) and I just don't see them wasting a roster spot and the cash for another Vet.

Go with Ponder, Bomar, Webb and lets get it done.

On a side note, AD 325/Toby 150......I think some will finally come around to liking how Toby fits in the scheme this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Finally I found someone "in the know" that has is quite positive about Ponder. A lot of others tend to dwell on the negatives.

Ranks as best QB
    Hudson said he had seen all the top quarterbacks, including the ones taken ahead of Ponder, on film, and he is sure the Vikings got the best QB in the draft.

Sid Hartman: Hudson among those impressed by Ponder

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/121033094.html

Gives you a warmer fuzzy, doesn't it?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095780
    Finally I found someone "in the know" that has is quite positive about Ponder. A lot of others tend to dwell on the negatives.

Ranks as best QB
    Hudson said he had seen all the top quarterbacks, including the ones taken ahead of Ponder, on film, and he is sure the Vikings got the best QB in the draft.

Sid Hartman: Hudson among those impressed by Ponder

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/121033094.html

Gives you a warmer fuzzy, doesn't it?
    Actually there are alot of analysts out there that think highly of him and think he is the perfect fit for the Vikes scheme.

I for one was a little upset that we took him that high, but after looking at what the Deadskins were trying to do, I can see why they took him were they did.

I am trending towards believing he can start right away, especially if they can resign Rice.

That cat is a sponge who will be key to the QB's success, just as it was when the Noodle was in there in 2009. In 2010 we saw who really made the offense go, and it wasn't the Noodle. It was Rice catching all the crap the Noodle threw his way.

Edit: On a side note, this is going to be the reason our OL plays better this year.......

New Vikings offensive line coach Jeff Davidson
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095732
    On a side note, I still say we aren't that far behind the rest of the teams in our Div.
    But we are behind the other teams in our division. Not only in terms of players but we are also the youngest coaching staff and the only staff without a GM which troubles me.

Lions still have issues with keeping their QB upright but their defense is going to be awesome.
    Their offensive line improved last year and will get better this year. One way or the other this is not the Lions we are used to seeing and they are going to be a team that we cannot count on beating 2x a year.

Bores improved themselves this weekend, thats for sure, Carimi was a nice addition, so was Conte, but they sure didn't help themselve when it comes to a WR.
    But they did get better though and that is my point. All of the teams in the division took steps ahead and we have some catching up to do.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Why do we have/need two Christian Ponder threads?

This is supposed to be the "Official" one. LOL!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095825
    Why do we have/need two Christian Ponder threads?

This is supposed to be the "Official" one. LOL!
    Like I said in the other thread, I'm no mod, but I'm opposed to having all these "official" threads for every player. We have sub-forums to organize and make it easier to find stuff. One player can have so many subjects, take Adrian Peterson for example. His fumbling issue, off-field statements, number of carries and player role has been just a few topics surrounding him. I think they should be divided into separate threads instead of an "Official Adrian Peterson Thread" that's over 100 pages long.

I will bet a lot of money that we will see a lot of different threads on Ponder in the future because one thread will just be too small in my opinion.

By the way, I don't know what the terms are for calling a thread official, but this was started by a rookie. Shouldn't the only one to be allowed to start a thread like this be a mod or something?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

As stale as the action has been around here we should be fine with a few threads going even if they might have similarities.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Culpepper: Remove pressure to start Ponder

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/120989989.html

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Normally I wouldn't give a quarter of a shit what Culpepper says, but I think he's bang on here.

"I think the No. 1 key is to remove the pressure to play right away and instead focus on his development for the long haul," Culpepper said. "I know the Vikings fans might not like this, but the Packers did it the right way with Aaron Rodgers. Just because a guy is sitting on Sunday's doesn't mean he is not working his butt off during the week preparing to eventually be the guy."

heck, why not bring in Culpepper himself. He was definitely hinting right there that he should be the guy here, correct me if im wrong.

im not saying he'd do well, im just saying that if they brought in Culpepper, we'd be BEGGING for Ponder by week 3 and Ponder would have sat and watched Culppeper make a fool of himself and have all the confidence in the world to be a good starter.

I'm half joking guys.

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast