Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official Christian Ponder Thread

Is said in another thread I was ecstatic when Locker went to the Titans because he was the one player with the most buzz and I just didn't see anything in him I wanted in a QB. I had Amakamura as the guy I wanted the most at that spot but when the pick was in and they didn't have any of the top guys on the phone at NFLN I told my wife they were taking Ponder. She didn't even know who he was and was pretty surprised when I had the call right.

I think he was a better QB than the 3 drafted ahead of him and hopefully the team did their due diligence on his shoulder and that checked out.

Remember, he lit up the senior bowl and was the MVP of the game.

I am excited as hell for this guy and while there were a few other players at other positions I would have been equally happy with I can at least say that this pick seals the whole TJack experiment and puts it to bed.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095128
    I guess everyone who thought we were gonna turn into the Atlanta Falcons version of the WCO instead of sticking with what this team was built to do, just got fooled didn't they.

At 12, I'm a bit upset, but overall, I like Ponder.

Works the shorter routes. Is mobile. Can throw a deep ball but has to work on it. I like him.

Resign Rice so he has that comfort blanket of a reciever with Percy underneath and we are set.
    Well it wasn't BPA but a bit of a reach for need, could have moved down a bit to get him but if there were no takers then I guess it is what it is. Time to get him in the gym and find a vet to start.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Well, we drafted a smart qb, that is the #1 qualification on my list, we'll see

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1095129
    Obviously this was THEIR guy ... and they didn't think he would be there at No. 43.

They HAVE to take him. They have no choice when it comes to a QB. But ... Ricky boy and Leslie have all joined in a circle with Ponder playing Ring Around The Rosey ... if it falls ... They all fall down.
    I agree Midg. Looks like took the full time so they were obviously trying to move down.

In the end, it had to be Ponder cause they could have moved up for Gabbert or Locker.

Lets hope Austin or Paea are there at 43.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095128
    I guess everyone who thought we were gonna turn into the Atlanta Falcons version of the WCO instead of sticking with what this team was built to do, just got fooled didn't they.

At 12, I'm a bit upset, but overall, I like Ponder.

Works the shorter routes. Is mobile. Can throw a deep ball but has to work on it. I like him.

Resign Rice so he has that comfort blanket of a reciever with Percy underneath and we are set.
    I will like Ponder also. I just really hate reaching
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

LIVike is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1095133
    Well, we drafted a smart qb, that is the #1 qualification on my list, we'll see
    Got to agree there. Now that the shock is over. The one thing that worries me is his past injuries. My one fear is that he turns into a Chad Pennington. Still felt they reached a little but hey at least we got a quarterback.
    None

Toro is offline Rookie

I live in Tallahassee and am a Noles fan, so I am happy we took Ponder. However, I'm not happy we took him with the 12th pick.

Ponder is under-rated, and I've always thought he'd make a solid pro. Like a Brad Johnson. But I think we could have gotten him lower.
    "This is a kick-ass offense" - BC

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Hope this works out for the Vikes.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Is Ponder better than Locker?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/649947-nfl-draft-2011-washington-redskins-rumors-news-speculation/entry/59047-nfl-draft-2011-is-christian-ponder-a-better-pick-than-jake-locker

I don't know, only time will tell. Like him, not the pick, IMO... an epic reach.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

I hate reaching, but if Ponder is the QB we wanted and we couldn't trade down, then we had to take him. He wasn't gonna make it to us in the 2nd.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast