Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 273
  1. #11
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    1
    Clusterfuck.

    The majority of the first half I liked until we went up 17-7. From that point on our offense looked awful.

    Appeared the coaches thought they had it in the bag once SD's kicker was carted off. Shit changed when their punter started knocking in field goals.

    I am not that upset over our defense. The offense hung them out to dry.

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Trying to figure out how we went away from the run...because we didnt turn to the pass. Did we punt on 3rd down?
    I'll have to go back and look. It seemed like it to me, but I could be wrong.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well, it's only week one and McChunky already shows why I didn't want him. A huge INT on his first play as a Viking near our own goal line and then down the stretch when we needed a leader to rally the team he just puts in his normal jovial performance and the offense looks like it doesn't know what the heck to do.

    Honestly we would be so much better off by the end of the year if the team would have done what I wanted and played the young QB's and gave them the year to get some games under their belts. Every snap taken by DM is a waste of time where we could be breaking in the new guy.

  4. #14
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Trying to figure out how we went away from the run...because we didnt turn to the pass. Did we punt on 3rd down?
    2nd half
    1st drive=run,incomplete, scramble(1st down),run,incomplete, incomplete, punt.
    2nd drive=run, run(1st down) wildcat webb, wildcat harvin, incomplete, punt.
    3rd drive=run,run, penalty, incomplete, punt.
    4th drive=2 yd pass, run, sack, punt
    end of game.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  5. #15
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    What are you talking about? What game did you watch?
    The one we just threw away...

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    2nd half
    1st drive=run,incomplete, scramble(1st down),run,incomplete, incomplete, punt.
    2nd drive=run, run(1st down) wildcat webb, wildcat harvin, incomplete, punt.
    3rd drive=run,run, penalty, incomplete, punt.
    4th drive=2 yd pass, run, sack, punt
    end of game.
    Was childress calling the plays?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148
    Well, same ol same ol. Who is next in the hand-me-down qb sweepstakes? Marinovich? LOL. Montana? A recycled has-been isnt the answer. At what point is that fact going to register with ownership? 1st pass attempt: INT. 39 TOTAL passing yards. Awesome. LOL. The D was good. They reacted poorly to screens and short passes, but they played hard. Greenway? Worth the money. Sooo sick of the qb joke that IS the Vikings trademark now. Started with McMahon and will never produce shiiiiit. Develope a draft pick........Please. Anyway, it was good seeing the Purple. I'm used to the end-result, so...no harm, no foul. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Tuco the world.....

  8. #18
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well, it's only week one and McChunky already shows why I didn't want him. A huge INT on his first play as a Viking near our own goal line and then down the stretch when we needed a leader to rally the team he just puts in his normal jovial performance and the offense looks like it doesn't know what the heck to do.

    Honestly we would be so much better off by the end of the year if the team would have done what I wanted and played the young QB's and gave them the year to get some games under their belts. Every snap taken by DM is a waste of time where we could be breaking in the new guy.
    With you Purp. I would rather see Webb and find out if he learned anything. Too late now though. No way are they benching McNabb for at least a few games.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  9. #19
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Was childress calling the plays?
    Seemed like it...

  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Well, same ol same ol. Who is next in the hand-me-down qb sweepstakes? Marinovich? LOL. Montana? A recycled has-been isnt the answer. At what point is that fact going to register with ownership? 1st pass attempt: INT. 39 TOTAL passing yards. Awesome. LOL. The D was good. They reacted poorly to screens and short passes, but they played hard. Greenway? Worth the money. Sooo sick of the qb joke that IS the Vikings trademark now. Started with McMahon and will never produce shiiiiit. Develope a draft pick........Please. Anyway, it was good seeing the Purple. I'm used to the end-result, so...no harm, no foul. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Started with Joe Kapp

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •