Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    ahh we are bickering, and fighting, and hating life.. This is the PP.O and Vikings that I know. We were so bored and comfortable when the vikings were doing good. We had nothing to bitch about! I guess ponder decided to help us and started playing like complete shit

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    You know we didn't play a very good game when one of the top Vikings highlights from last night was this...............

Steve Mariucci on a motorcycle, or why NFL pregame shows are entirely too long (VIDEO)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You know we didn't play a very good game when one of the top Vikings highlights from last night was this...............

Steve Mariucci on a motorcycle, or why NFL pregame shows are entirely too long (VIDEO)
    Whereas that's funny, I prefer these highlights...a great run, a great throw, and a great catch.

Peterson's 64-Yard Touchdown Run vs. Tampa Bay

Ponder's 18-Yard TD Pass to Harvin vs. Tampa Bay

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Whereas that's funny, I prefer these highlights...a great run, a great throw, and a great catch.

Peterson's 64-Yard Touchdown Run vs. Tampa Bay

Ponder's 18-Yard TD Pass to Harvin vs. Tampa Bay
    Don't forget this one.....

Jared Allen Fight Vs Donald Penn and Revenge Sack Bucs Vikings Video

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I still say it gets back to the coaching and the font office mentality. I believe we have the talent to be competitive with most teams on a consistent basis but what sets us apart is the coaching staff and the front office mindset.

The FO has not shown me that they have an assertive or aggressive mindset, nor have the coaches. And that had been projected down to the players. look at how the Vikings negotiated with the state? They didn't have a set plan, they didn't have a focus on a particular site and they still don't have even a set design concept and we are closing in on a year aince the bill was passed.

The same thing has been done by the FO in selecting their coaches and GM. They didn't assemble a set of things they were looking for and then interview a multitude of coaches until they found the best fit, they just did one interview and hired the first candidate, then gave them the keys to the car without even having them go through drivers training or having an instructor ride along. The result was a wasted half decade that eventually left the team a hollow shell.

Then, instead of cutting all ties, learning their lesson, and going aggressively after the best men in football to run the organization, they simply promoted from within and maintained the same FO loser mentality that they have had for too long.

The players can certainly play but they need to be coached on how to do what the coaches want and they need to be put in the best position to win on every play. We have a core on offense that consists of Ponder, Peterson, Harvin, Kalil and Rudolph. There is no reason why we should be held to single digit yards on offense in a quarter. The talent is there to score points but these guys don't look like they are being coached to win and that stone faced look the coach has is way to similar to the stone faced look that was there when we lost 4 SB's.

On defense we have a very deep DL with 4 guys I feel are pro bowl caliber in Allen, Williams, Robison and Griffen. The LB corps is less capable but they still have Greenway and Brinkley is coming on and in the secondary it does look like they finally have a decent level of talent in Smith, Cook, Robinson and others. Once again, more than enough talent to build around and win games if you have the right coaching and the right attitude.

The most telling moment in the game was when Allen got into the fight with Penn. He was fired up, the defense was fired up and they got the crowd fired up as much as I have ever seen. When they forced the punt I told my wife that the next series would define the season. If the offense would step up, get aggressive, and take it to the Bucs they could come back, take control of the game, and have a restart set on the season.

Instead the offense came out, did nothing, had a terrible snap that set them back and resulted in a 3 and out, and the whole team deflated. All that time Leslie stood stone faced on the sideline with no emotion, giving no direction, and the team just flatlined. For the love of god light a fire under a few asses.

So in closing, this is the team we have, this is what we can expect, and as long as they are going to have this FO and coaching staff we will win a game once in a while that we should lose but we will get beat by lesser teams that are hungrier and want it more than we do. Because it is obvious there isn't a lot of want in the top end of the franchise.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    nicely done sir!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I still say it gets back to the coaching and the font office mentality. I believe we have the talent to be competitive with most teams on a consistent basis but what sets us apart is the coaching staff and the front office mindset.

(ETC.)

So in closing, this is the team we have, this is what we can expect, and as long as they are going to have this FO and coaching staff we will win a game once in a while that we should lose but we will get beat by lesser teams that are hungrier and want it more than we do. Because it is obvious there isn't a lot of want in the top end of the franchise.
    +1

Scoot is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    We need to stop going deep to simpson. It doesn't work. He is a failed pickup. Go back to the short game with Harvin and Peterson.
    I agree totally. I said last week to friends that the Vikings need to totally go to the play action plays, short game in the air and the run.. And let AP and PH lead the way. This would help CP confidence to improve his air game and allow the line to improve.
    SCOOT28

Scoot is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

The FO has not shown me that they have an assertive or aggressive mindset, nor have the coaches. And that had been projected down to the players. look at how the Vikings negotiated with the state? They didn't have a set plan, they didn't have a focus on a particular site and they still don't have even a set design concept and we are closing in on a year aince the bill was passed.

The same thing has been done by the FO in selecting their coaches and GM. They didn't assemble a set of things they were looking for and then interview a multitude of coaches until they found the best fit, they just did one interview and hired the first candidate, then gave them the keys to the car without even having them go through drivers training or having an instructor ride along. The result was a wasted half decade that eventually left the team a hollow shell.

Then, instead of cutting all ties, learning their lesson, and going aggressively after the best men in football to run the organization, they simply promoted from within and maintained the same FO loser mentality that they have had for too long.

The players can certainly play but they need to be coached on how to do what the coaches want and they need to be put in the best position to win on every play. We have a core on offense that consists of Ponder, Peterson, Harvin, Kalil and Rudolph. There is no reason why we should be held to single digit yards on offense in a quarter. The talent is there to score points but these guys don't look like they are being coached to win and that stone faced look the coach has is way to similar to the stone faced look that was there when we lost 4 SB's.

On defense we have a very deep DL with 4 guys I feel are pro bowl caliber in Allen, Williams, Robison and Griffen. The LB corps is less capable but they still have Greenway and Brinkley is coming on and in the secondary it does look like they finally have a decent level of talent in Smith, Cook, Robinson and others. Once again, more than enough talent to build around and win games if you have the right coaching and the right attitude.

The most telling moment in the game was when Allen got into the fight with Penn. He was fired up, the defense was fired up and they got the crowd fired up as much as I have ever seen. When they forced the punt I told my wife that the next series would define the season. If the offense would step up, get aggressive, and take it to the Bucs they could come back, take control of the game, and have a restart set on the season.

Instead the offense came out, did nothing, had a terrible snap that set them back and resulted in a 3 and out, and the whole team deflated. All that time Leslie stood stone faced on the sideline with no emotion, giving no direction, and the team just flatlined. For the love of god light a fire under a few asses.

AGREE TO THIS AS WELL!!... The FO is responsible for carving the way.. Just look what Jerry jones is doing to the cowboys... but the doesn't hurt my feelings but it goes to show how the FO controls mentality.
    SCOOT28

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Okay, at the end of the draft I said that the team will only go as far as the coaching staff will take them. Who in here thinks that the players we have are being utililized to their potential? Ive been holding back and taking a wait and see approach to the coaching staff, mainly Musgrave. It seems to me that there is are specific plays for each player and that is it. Its so predictable. The playcalling is so predictable. Does Ponder not know how to run an offense from the shotgun? Can TE's not catch the ball on 1st down? Are there only 20 plays that the offense knows? Can the offense grind out a drive not relying on Harvin or AP? Why not? how are other teams making plays with what they have? How is it that there players(wr's) are making plays and ours are not? I do not see a problem with what we have, I have a problem with the way the whole team is being utilized. Mix it up, quit being so predictable and lets see a offense that is hard to figure out from week to week. Challenge the players to be their best every week.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast