Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    keystonevike is offline Starter
    Mistakes R Us

keystonevike is offline Starter
    MINNES?TA VIKINGS. Where's the "O"?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    So, the next head coach of the Minneosta Vikings should be?
    It's not obvious yet?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.
    I think we are all going to be shitting our pants when we finally do win one. Being in diapers at the time might not be such a bad thing.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Well F*#@, that sucked.

The offense is broken. I don't know if it is Ponder, the OL, the receivers, Musgrave or what, but that was freaking pathetic.

Simpson, I am done with you. You are NOT a deep threat. Every time, EVERY SINGLE TIME you go "deep" you fail to get separation. Jenkins is a better WR than you. He was killing it in the final minutes. Simpson needs to be sat down. He does not make us better.

Winfield, I love your tackling skills, but your coverage has become a liability.

Ponder, you sucked. No excuses this game, you were horrible. At least you didn't throw a pick.

Turnovers kill us AGAIN. Without those turnovers and the 10 points that came off from them, the whole game would have been different.

Holy crap that was a horrible, horrible game. I have very little positive to say about it today. We have been exposed on offense, and unless we can generate some kind of deep threat, this is what we are going to see the rest of the season.

At least my 6-10 prediction is relevant again.

My three biggest complaints this game are Ponder, the OL, and Simpson.

It's actually pretty easy to figure out Nodak. All of our team's woes can be directly tied to marrdro jumping on the Frazier bandwagon after the Titans game. Ever since ol' Leslie got Marty in his back pocket, the pressure to win is off, and we have been sinking farther into the crapper with each passing game.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That damn Marrdro. Just when we finally get out crap together he has to throw a wrench in it.

Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    I agree with many of the players lets say even added in the last 3 years really proving themselves, but they are making mistakes. I don't just mean this game, but so far into the season Frazier/SlickRicks work has been tested over and over. I really do like the choices they've made, but my point was, and still is too many people jumped on the hype that we were having a miracle season when we are developing the talent we brought in still, and this will take time..

I wasn't refering to JR, but to Cook's backup (Jefferson) and the 3rd backup Sherells (sp?)
    Even the veterans are going to make mistakes *cough* Loadholt. Even AD & Harvin will make some. Lets not forget that there were a few spectacular catches made last night that you got to give credit to the receiver for. I believe it was Jefferson that defended that long pass play that was caught for a big gain. I don't think he could have played him any tighter. The receiver just got up higher & came down with the ball. Credit that to the WR. I don't think Cook would have played it any better. The TD catch in the back of end zone was another great play by the receiver. Our guy was toe to toe with him on that one as well.

When we win & have a good game, many fans talk about how great many of our draft class from this year and last played & how good they are, but when we lose they get a lot of the blame & the they're young & we're rebuilding talk comes out.

This comment came from dad, as well as the announcers.. dad explained it as. the wr starting a few yards into the field more would give that throw a different angle. it's supposed to land in stride over the shoulder drifting toward the sideline. as he was riding the sideline it drifts out of bounds.. i'm not the expert, (unless it was ice hockey) but it made sense to me.
    I heard the announcers say that as well, but I'm not buying into that theory on those long passes. Many QB's will tell you they throw the ball into a spot where the receiver is supposed to be to catch it & not necessarily where he is. That ball is launched to that spot long before the receiver gets there.

I for the life of me though, don't understand why WR's are still running sideline routes. Standard practice should always be to run the route 2-3 feet inside the line to give yourself & the QB a little wiggle room. Years back it didn't matter as much because if a receiver was hit while in the air by a defender & that momentum took him out of bounds, it was still a catch.

Nowadays you must get two feet in regardless if a defender pushes you out or not. There's no need to ride the hairy edge, IMO. Especially if Ponder is throwing. It doesn't have to be off by much to be out of bounds if caught.

yeah.. but man o man.. what an effect.. like instant energy.. as soon as the fight happened.. dad said. "now that's the wrong guy you wanna piss off" and yeah.. i'd never condone taking shots at JA.. but it man i'd like to see him that pissed each game.
    Don't make him angry, you're not going to like him when he's angry....

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Remind me to comment in Singer's thread about how everyone keeps giving Ponder the benefit of the doubt and won't say a negative comment about him. I think if you took a poll today, the majority of PPO would say Ponder will never be the QB we need.
    And saying something now after two bad games changes what wasn't said before how?

I don't think the majority of PP.O would say Ponder will never be the QB we need at this point yet.

I don't think you're even going to see a "Who's tired of the Ponder Project" thread, a "Start Webb or MBT now! threads or a majority of the fans claiming he should be benched.

I don't think you'll see fans at the edge of their chairs hoping for failure or a mistake so they can start a thread bashing him for inaccuracy, turnovers, not sliding correctly, having a limited playbook, sitting on the bench, holding the ball too long, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He has a knack because they were playing a SOFT ZONE and not jamming our Wrs. Easy to look good when they are rushing 3 linemen and you are jst throwing underneath.
    Do you consider the 28, 22 & 19 yard passes to Jenkins all "underneath" passes?
    Last edited by singersp; 10-26-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    It's actually pretty easy to figure out Nodak. All of our team's woes can be directly tied to marrdro jumping on the Frazier bandwagon after the Titans game. Ever since ol' Leslie got Marty in his back pocket, the pressure to win is off, and we have been sinking farther into the crapper with each passing game.
    WHAT!!??? Frazier's got a new girlfriend too?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast