Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    So, the next head coach of the Minneosta Vikings should be?
    Anyone that's not associated with the Childress era and preferably someone from outside the organization that's been to a superbowl. What has Frazier ever done to deserve the HC position? He was a shitty DC. Is it just a coincidence that we've gone with unknown HC's for the past 28 years and haven't made it to a superbowl that whole time?

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    Ugh

How can we have a deep threat if Ponder has 0.5 seconds to throw it?
    This. He's getting sacked before he can even drop back. He throws a really nice deep ball, but we never have anyone open and we don't have anyone who can beat a defender for the ball. We only ever send Simpson deep, and even then, he only runs fly routes, and even then, Ponder is getting hit before the receivers get 10 yards down field.

We need a big receiver. Freeman had four big passes in this game. One was a screen, another was basically a hail mary to a triple covered V. Jax on third down, and two were passes where he just tossed it up to Mike Williams on third down. When protection broke down he was just tossing it up and letting his receivers make a play. We don't have anyone to toss it up to. Ponder did this once to Harvin and Harvin let the defender take it from him.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Why don't you tell us how many? We don't have as many as people want to believe & some of the positions should be playing good in their 2nd year. We have several good players. How many teams have a great WR & a great RB leading or very near the top of their positions?

1st year or 2nd, we still have some of those players playing at a high level out there. It's not like they are playing like shit.
    I agree with many of the players lets say even added in the last 3 years really proving themselves, but they are making mistakes. I don't just mean this game, but so far into the season Frazier/SlickRicks work has been tested over and over. I really do like the choices they've made, but my point was, and still is too many people jumped on the hype that we were having a miracle season when we are developing the talent we brought in still, and this will take time..

We're drafting backups with our 3rd draft pick now?
    I wasn't refering to JR, but to Cook's backup (Jefferson) and the 3rd backup Sherells (sp?)

He wouldn't have had another. The ball was thrown out of bounds. Had Simpson been 3 more feet in bounds, the ball would still have been thrown out of bounds except Simpson would have been 3 feet further away from him. It's up to Ponder to throw a catchable ball that's inbounds. It's up to Simpson to make an adjustment if need be.
    This comment came from dad, as well as the announcers.. dad explained it as. the wr starting a few yards into the field more would give that throw a different angle. it's supposed to land in stride over the shoulder drifting toward the sideline. as he was riding the sideline it drifts out of bounds.. i'm not the expert, (unless it was ice hockey) but it made sense to me.

I believe there were a number of poor throws or bad decisions also. Let's not just say there were good throws & throw aways. That attempt of a bubble pass to PH was piss poor. -1 yard passing in the 3rd quarter? WTF?

He makes some damn fine throws, but can throw some damn bad ones too. We need to see more consistency with the damn fine throws that are further out than 5 yards. Up until last night, his longest TD pass was 15 yards which really shocked me considering how many yards PH gets on YAC.
    the poor throws. yeah.. i shoulda added that in there. consistency is something that HAS to happen if ponder will ever truely become a winning NFL qb.. best way i can think of.. had a coach say.. practice your shot until you can do it 100 of 100 times. then practice it more.

LOL! Wouldn't that be like putting a bounty on our own JA?
    yeah.. but man o man.. what an effect.. like instant energy.. as soon as the fight happened.. dad said. "now that's the wrong guy you wanna piss off" and yeah.. i'd never condone taking shots at JA.. but it man i'd like to see him that pissed each game.

Ponder seems to throw better on longer passes when we are in crunch time, like those 2 passes to Jenkins. It seems the less time he has to think about the throw, the better it sails. Sort of like buck fever. If he has time to think about it, he's less accurate. Not always, but I have noticed it late in games.

I had always wondered if Ponder is not seeing open guys or if our receivers were getting open & I payed closer attention to it earlier in the game. On some of those replays of passing downs, the camera POV was from behind Ponder. I'm looking for receivers down field for Ponder to target & there were none, simply because they weren't sent down field. It looked as if they just kept them near the LOS for blocking or checking down.

It's hard to complete a pass if there isn't but 1 receiver going out to catch the pass. Where are all his options? If you noticed what Tampa Bay did, on any given pass they stretched the field by sending receivers down the sidelines and across the middle giving Freeman several choices to go to.

This is something i wish i had access to reviews of games for. watching live is hard to see the whole field. and without a real full access to the nfl coaches film it's mostly reading what others say, trying to piece together what i see. Ponder does seem to have a nak for the last minute drill.. and this could be something that helps him along. if he can tap into that and react instead of over think.. well.. that's for the coaches to work on, and ponder himself to understand.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I think Mayock said it best, two young teams played, both have a long ways to go and both have a lot of young developing talent. They are both going to lay a lot of eggs in the process, but also don't be surprised if they come out and beat some teams that no one expects them to beat.

I would not be surprised at all if we go out and split the series between GB and Chicago. I don't think this is a playoff team, I think we have a long ways to go. Ponder has a long ways to go, and may never get there, but I haven't personally ruled him out yet. I don't think his play was near as bad as many have commented in this thread. He was worse IMO in the last couple games than he was last night. Remind me to comment in Singer's thread about how everyone keeps giving Ponder the benefit of the doubt and won't say a negative comment about him. I think if you took a poll today, the majority of PPO would say Ponder will never be the QB we need.

We flat out got whooped by a team that came in with more energy than we did, a lot of that energy we gave them with a number of miscues. Take an opponent for granted, they will make you pay. We did, they did. That Mike Williams' dude also made some incredible catches that were very well defended. Freeman was hot and cold, Doug Martin ran the ball very well (because we gave him too much space) and the defense made some big plays.

So should we call off the game in Seattle and call the season a bust, or we should go up there for shits and grins and just see what happens?

Sucks about Cook.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    I agree with many of the players lets say even added in the last 3 years really proving themselves, but they are making mistakes. I don't just mean this game, but so far into the season Frazier/SlickRicks work has been tested over and over. I really do like the choices they've made, but my point was, and still is too many people jumped on the hype that we were having a miracle season when we are developing the talent we brought in still, and this will take time..

I wasn't refering to JR, but to Cook's backup (Jefferson) and the 3rd backup Sherells (sp?)

This comment came from dad, as well as the announcers.. dad explained it as. the wr starting a few yards into the field more would give that throw a different angle. it's supposed to land in stride over the shoulder drifting toward the sideline. as he was riding the sideline it drifts out of bounds.. i'm not the expert, (unless it was ice hockey) but it made sense to me.

the poor throws. yeah.. i shoulda added that in there. consistency is something that HAS to happen if ponder will ever truely become a winning NFL qb.. best way i can think of.. had a coach say.. practice your shot until you can do it 100 of 100 times. then practice it more.

yeah.. but man o man.. what an effect.. like instant energy.. as soon as the fight happened.. dad said. "now that's the wrong guy you wanna piss off" and yeah.. i'd never condone taking shots at JA.. but it man i'd like to see him that pissed each game.

This is something i wish i had access to reviews of games for. watching live is hard to see the whole field. and without a real full access to the nfl coaches film it's mostly reading what others say, trying to piece together what i see. Ponder does seem to have a nak for the last minute drill.. and this could be something that helps him along. if he can tap into that and react instead of over think.. well.. that's for the coaches to work on, and ponder himself to understand.

DiGiTaL
    He has a knack because they were playing a SOFT ZONE and not jamming our Wrs. Easy to look good when they are rushing 3 linemen and you are jst throwing underneath.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He has a knack because they were playing a SOFT ZONE and not jamming our Wrs. Easy to look good when they are rushing 3 linemen and you are jst throwing underneath.
    Yea, most QB's look good when they are down by 3 TD's and hitting quick slants.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    What stood out to me most last night was everything went the Bucs way, and I mean EVERYTHING. It was just one of those games. I don't know if it was coaching, preparation, or our lack of energy, but all the big breaks went the Bucs way. My neck is sore from shaking my head so much last night. Like Randy Moss said above, Freeman would just throw a ball up and one of his receivers would come down with it, especially on 3rd n long. Whenever Ponder threw one up, it usually found the turf or the sidelines.

I think part of the reason why Freeman was having success is because our defenders don't know how to make a play on the ball. Our defenders seem to have that "let em catch it and try to knock it out with a big hit" mentality that doesn't work very often. Their 31st ranked pass defense was draped all over our receivers all night making plays. And again I noticed that our defenders never try to rip the ball out from a ball carrier, even when the ball carrier is wrapped up. Barber caused 2 fumbles ripping at the ball and it lead to 10 points for them. Even when we were down 3 scores our D was still indifferent about trying to create a turnover. Sometimes giving the offense a short field is enough to snap them out of their funk and get them into a groove.

I would say not only does our coaching staff not seem to trust Ponder, but they don't seem to trust the DB's either. It's like it's been ingrained into their heads to play it safe and to just not give up any big plays instead of allowing them to be aggressive.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well thing I'm convinced of is that Simpson is the real deal in that he is crap as WR. Can't get decent separation or give a consistent downfield threat. I'm sure he's won more PI calls than he's made catches so far this season. We will need to be looking for a proper WR in the draft and probably in the first round. We can't keep relying on Harvin to cover for a missing WR as teams are getting wise to Percy and shutting him down more - even though he is an elite player

Ponder had a poor night again, now some of that is on him without a doubt as most people expected from his this season. He is getting happy feet at times which then impacts his performance - that is not helped by poor blocking for him and several blown protection calls. I would also put something onto the coaches both OC and HC for not getting him eased into the game and helping get his confidence up. Starting 0/5 in passing is not going to help any QB and especially a young QB who is clearly still learning to play in the NFL.

Hopefully this loss will light a fire under some arses and get them back on track before the next game - if not then said arses need to be kicked, waived or sacked.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jonj is offline Waterboy
    We are who they thought we were!
    Ponder sucks.
    Are you kiddin me, this is the sucky TB bucco bruces.
    17 pts....blown out by a team that has been living in the bottom 8 of the league all year long.
    The defense can't tackle..
    Have you guys looked at our schedule. We might beat Detroit and St. Louis.
    Fire Frazier!
    Fire The GM!
    Bench Simpson(fumbling, pass dropping fool).

6-10 record....7-9 at best...

Get ready to get blown out by Seattle. The hawks have a real defense, not a crap defense like TB.
    We'll be lucky to get 10pts.

Enjoy!

OFFICIAL BUCS vs VIKINGS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Some of you need to take a step back and reassess your life. This is only a game. I love the Vikings but I have liver disease, and am looking at getting a new liver in the next 5-6 months. That is why I take everything in stride.

BTW: I thought ponder was ok, but he needs to throw the ball farther inside from the out of bounds line.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast