Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    People said the same about Eli. Give Ponder until the end of next year to judge him.
    Eli, even as a rookie could throw the ball downfield. Ponder cannot do that, I am done with him. Sorry.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Our coaches got out coached and our players got out played...by a very wide margin. As I said in another post awhile back, reality will set in. It just did.
    This! IMO if Ponder is going to succeed we need a new play caller. Offense is way to predictable and is why the defense seems to know the plays as their called.

They don't know the plays, it's just that no one is afraid of Ponder's weak ass play action or even worse his ARM!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Believe it or not, Freeman's and Ponder's stats were damn near identical this game. This difference is Freeman's big plays came on third down and long...
    But to be fair, Freeman's stats came when the game counted and Ponder's came in garbage time lol. Ponder is starting to make me miss Tjoke, and that's pretty bad. I don't have much to say, I got all my negative nancy out in the chat room during the game with the others and now I'm spent.

I heard Cook is out with a broken wrist now. We've been exposed and we're looking at a 6-10 finish if we don't make some adjustments fast. Oh wait, did I say adjustments? Fuck it, we're done. Someone tell me why Webb didn't replace Ponder at some point in the 2nd half? Webb is good at getting us back into games and at providing a needed spark. Frazier clueless!

On ESPN they just said the Vikings are now 0 for their last 22 games when trailing by 10 or more points at half. That feels about right, this team never seems to comeback when it gets behind. I have a feeling we're stuck in another Childress/Tjoke situation with Frazier/Ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    But to be fair, Freeman's stats came when the game counted and Ponder's came in garbage time lol. Ponder is starting to make me miss Tjoke, and that's pretty bad. I don't have much to say, I got all my negative nancy out in the chat room during the game with the others and now I'm spent.

I heard Cook is out with a broken wrist now. We've been exposed and we're looking at a 6-10 finish if we don't make some adjustments fast. Oh wait, did I say adjustments? Fuck it, we're done. Someone tell me why Webb didn't replace Ponder at some point in the 2nd half? Webb is good at getting us back into games and at providing a needed spark. Frazier clueless!

On ESPN they just said the Vikings are now 0 for their last 22 games when trailing by 10 or more points at half. That feels about right, this team never seems to comeback when it gets behind. I have a feeling we're stuck in another Childress/Tjoke situation with Frazier/Ponder.
    +1

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter
    its either going to be run up the middle, short behind the line of scrimmage pass to Percy, or Play action roll out to the right. It might just be me but that seems like the play calling for the last 2 quarters of last weeks game and the first 2 quarters of this game

How the hell did we win 5 games?? Seriously, we should be stoked we have that right now!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    The pass protection was horrible. The run blocking up front was not so good either. AP is a goddamn beast or it would have been much worse. Mulligan on the fumble. Ponder made some really nice throws, some not so nice throws, and some real bone-head throws. The Harvin TD was nice. The one bubble screen throw was god-awful! In Ponder's defense he was getting the shit knocked out of him over and over. Gotta knock Musgrave for the lack of preparation/progression of the O-line. You knew that Tampa was going to bring the house over and over. WTF??? AP's blitz pick-up is lacking for his tenure in the league. Simpson I think had an okay game. He laid a nice block on the AP TD. He made a really nice catch for the 32 yd gain. He still needs alot of work/trust with Ponder. The lackluster performance cost another winnable game, the offense could not help the defense stay off of the field, and D could not sniff a 3rd down stop. Holy Crap what a recipe for a disaster. LAME!!!!!!!!!! And there is some blame for Ponder not being as keen helping out with the protection calls.
    Tampa has scored 102 points in the last 3 games. They are hot and the Vikes caught them at the wrong time. The tasks are more arduous going forward. Will be tough to even split the next 4 games. I wish them the best and hope they can at least not stink up the joint like they did tonight. #SMH
    Last edited by TheAnimal93; 10-25-2012 at 11:44 PM.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    The offense scored 17 pts and lost 10 to turnovers. That is a net of 7 pts for the game and the only reason we got that is because Tampa took a knee for three downs at the end of the game instead of punching it in. That kind of offense couldn't beat the bottom teams in the NFL. And now the easy half of our season is over. We better get a lot better real quick or its going to be depressing around here.

WWBGD

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Chris Cook has a broken wrist. This is going downhill fast! Jefferson is a liability in coverage. I even saw Sherels in there tonight! This stellar defense could be short lived. I refuse to talk shit about Ponder until we get help at wideout. It's unfair to judge until then. Manti Te'o anyone?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast