Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

I love OL discussions.........

Big Macs numbers weren't very good this year.......

23rd Penalties with 4
    70th Sacks with 9
    59th QB hits with 9
    25th QB pressures 15 (thats the one I hate)

Cumulative Tackle Summary

Guys I watched this year that had fine years....
    Damien Woody
    Jared Gaither (Like Joe Thomas, gave up alot of penalties)
    Anthony Collins
    Jordon Gross
    Sean Locklear
    Barry Sims

I'd move one of these from RT to LT and they should/could play better than Big Mac did this year.
    Ryan Diem
    Ryan Harris
    Kareem Mckenzie
    Eben Britton (had a respectable year)

Is that enough to possibly warrant a move to make that position better?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    DiehardVikesFan wrote:
    scycon wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I would like everyone ripping on McKinnie to name 5 left tackles in the NFL they'd rather have than him and why, off the top of their heads.
    Joe Thomas, Jake Long, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, [strike]Jeff Backus[/strike], Andrew Whitworth, Ryan Clady, Jason Peters.
    I'd take out Backus but add Roos from Tennesse, Joe Staley from San Fran, David Diel from the Giants, and Jordan Gross from Carolina.

McKinnie reminds me of Flozell Adams without a mean streak.
    +1. Matt Light is another guy I'd consider over Big Mac. Marcus McNeil is also a very underrated LT. McKinnie has other priorities than football and I ain't talking about his family.
    I'd take Matt in a minute........

I only saw McNeil play twice this year were I focused on the OL. Wasn't to impressed and his numbers (a bit worse that Big Macs) bare that out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

scycon wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I would like everyone ripping on McKinnie to name 5 left tackles in the NFL they'd rather have than him and why, off the top of their heads.
    Joe Thomas, Jake Long, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Jeff Backus, Andrew Whitworth, Ryan Clady, Jason Peters.

Any 1st round LT rookie next year.

Seriously, he's very overrated and his work ethic and attitude isn't anything to be happy about having on the team. I'd trade him based on principle after this season especially when he still has trade value. There's a laundry list of tackles that performed better than him.
    I like all of them except Whitworth. He's a penalty gettin machine.......

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Regardless of how good or not so good Mac is, he is still a joke. He has made a mockery of the probowl. He has intentionally driven to an establishment with the intention of beating someone with a metal pole. I don't really care about the love boat incident but that's just another off the field issue with this guy.

I loved him as a cane. I was happy the Viking drafted him. Now I think he is a lazy piece of crap. I thought he turned the corner after his suspension last year but this he he certainly regressed. If the Vikings can trade him I wouldn't cry rivers. Who they replace him with, I don't know. I said it before and I say it again. I would rather have Artis Hicks there. He may not be as good but truth be told he did a decent job filling in last year when Mac was suspended. At least he isn't lazy and doesn't give up on plays. McKinnie does and he cares more about himself and partying. Trade him to GB or Chicago. Let Allen have his way with him twice a year.

ejmat wrote:
    Regardless of how good or not so good Mac is, he is still a joke. He has made a mockery of the probowl. He has intentionally driven to an establishment with the intention of beating someone with a metal pole. I don't really care about the love boat incident but that's just another off the field issue with this guy.

I loved him as a cane. I was happy the Viking drafted him. Now I think he is a lazy piece of crap. I thought he turned the corner after his suspension last year but this he he certainly regressed. If the Vikings can trade him I wouldn't cry rivers. Who they replace him with, I don't know. I said it before and I say it again. I would rather have Artis Hicks there. He may not be as good but truth be told he did a decent job filling in last year when Mac was suspended. At least he isn't lazy and doesn't give up on plays. McKinnie does and he cares more about himself and partying. Trade him to GB or Chicago. Let Allen have his way with him twice a year.
    Agree 100% with everything except Hicks and that is only because I didn't think of him.

Radovich came to mind almost immediately. Cat was doing pretty good in releif until he pulled the shoulder and then he continued to play.

In short, gimme someone who wants to be out there and wants to play hard and I will take him over Mac right now.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    ...In short, gimme someone who wants to be out there and wants to play hard and I will take him over Mac right now.
    I will call plagiarism on what I posted earlier in the thread.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I can't do that because I don't study LTs enough to know each and every one of them.

That said - I *have* watched McKinnie enough to know that he has always been susceptible to speed rushers. And that he has always stood around and done nothing once beaten.

=Z=
    You say that as if there is something he can do once being beat. The play's over if he gets beat, he's pass blocking. If his man beats him, the QB has to get rid of it, or gets sacked. Unless a back picks him up. It's not like he can get downfield to block on a pass.

And to the first part, it's not just that you don't study them, it's that there aren't 5 better LTs in the NFL right now. The ones I can think of are: Joe Thomas, Jason Peters are better. Jordan Gross, Joe Staley, and Marcus McNeil are arguably as good.

To expect a guy at 6'8" 340 to be able to handle speed rushers that didn't exist in the NFL 10 years ago easily is unrealistic. Not everyone is what Orlando Pace once was. McKinnie is a very good offensive tackle, one of the best in the NFL, not only a handful of Vikings fans believe this, he's frequently talked about with the top guys for a reason.

He's a hell of a lot better than a lot of guys on here give him credit for. Ignoring his 4 game suspension last season, he has yet to miss a start since signing in 2002. That's 115 straight games. He's played well for a huge majority of those 115, it's too bad most of us only notice the bad.
    Excuses about how different the pass rushers are now vs. years ago is an irrelevant point, really. If the pass blockers don't evolve along with the guys on the other side of scrimage, there isn't much competition. Which is exactly what we see with McKinnie. He is a liability. He gained at least 20 lbs. during this season just like he does every season and it shows in his play.

Loadholt is 6'8" 343 and faster than McKinnie
    KWill is 6'5" 311 and phenomenally faster than McKinnie
    Jared Allen is 6'6" 270 and is the equivalent of McKinnie's worst nightmare on the line.
    It seems to me that height doesn't matter so much as weight, however, neither are an excuse for lethargy.
    I mean seriously, McKinnie has a hard time just walking onto the field, or for that matter, from the huddle to the line. What in the world would make anyone think that he could hold off even a mediocre pass rusher? The truth is, he can't.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ...In short, gimme someone who wants to be out there and wants to play hard and I will take him over Mac right now.
    I will call plagiarism on what I posted earlier in the thread.
    LOL, my apologies my friend......Of course, great minds do think alike. B)

Freya wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I can't do that because I don't study LTs enough to know each and every one of them.

That said - I *have* watched McKinnie enough to know that he has always been susceptible to speed rushers. And that he has always stood around and done nothing once beaten.

=Z=
    You say that as if there is something he can do once being beat. The play's over if he gets beat, he's pass blocking. If his man beats him, the QB has to get rid of it, or gets sacked. Unless a back picks him up. It's not like he can get downfield to block on a pass.

And to the first part, it's not just that you don't study them, it's that there aren't 5 better LTs in the NFL right now. The ones I can think of are: Joe Thomas, Jason Peters are better. Jordan Gross, Joe Staley, and Marcus McNeil are arguably as good.

To expect a guy at 6'8" 340 to be able to handle speed rushers that didn't exist in the NFL 10 years ago easily is unrealistic. Not everyone is what Orlando Pace once was. McKinnie is a very good offensive tackle, one of the best in the NFL, not only a handful of Vikings fans believe this, he's frequently talked about with the top guys for a reason.

He's a hell of a lot better than a lot of guys on here give him credit for. Ignoring his 4 game suspension last season, he has yet to miss a start since signing in 2002. That's 115 straight games. He's played well for a huge majority of those 115, it's too bad most of us only notice the bad.
    Excuses about how different the pass rushers are now vs. years ago is an irrelevant point, really. If the pass blockers don't evolve along with the guys on the other side of scrimage, there isn't much competition. Which is exactly what we see with McKinnie. He is a liability. He gained at least 20 lbs. during this season just like he does every season and it shows in his play.

Loadholt is 6'8" 343 and faster than McKinnie
    KWill is 6'5" 311 and phenomenally faster than McKinnie
    Jared Allen is 6'6" 270 and is the equivalent of McKinnie's worst nightmare on the line.
    It seems to me that height doesn't matter so much as weight, however, neither are an excuse for lethargy.
    I mean seriously, McKinnie has a hard time just walking onto the field, or for that matter, from the huddle to the line. What in the world would make anyone think that he could hold off even a mediocre pass rusher? The truth is, he can't.
    I am sure I am opening myself up here, however, you have to be one of the best "Lady" football minds out there.

What a excellent post.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I hope hes better at tennis than footbal

I put in 2hrs on the tennis court 2day! I won both set 6-4 6-0! Working on down the line shots! I'm hungry now what should I eat?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast