Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 277
  1. #101
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    With respect to McKinnie, I frankly do believe that his lack of character centers strongly around a lack of pure intelligence rather than ill-will or bad intentions. While he has been in several conflicts, he has garnered no jail time, he has not even done anything illegal. I compare that to the guns, drugs, rape, and steroids that other players are getting caught with and call that minor. Just my opinion.

    As far as his play on the field goes, of course I hold him accountable. It's clear that McKinnie can;t handle the speed that elite pass rushers test him with. Saying any decent pass rusher can get by him, and then using Peppers and Allen as examples? What else can I do but laugh? And why do you still expect him to be able to deal with elite speed when he has never shown that in 9 years?

    Sure Favre, stood in there and took some hits, but that is what quarterbacks are supposed to do at times. You don't beat a blitz just by good blocking every time. Sometimes you find the open man quickly, sometimes you see the blitz coming and recognize which one is going to come free. Blocking schemes don't always call for every single front-7 defender to be blocked.

    McKinnie's career has lasted 3 times as long as the average NFL player's, with all 9 of those years coming at a very important position. He is far from worthless, and if he were unable to protect the blind side, he would have been moved over or benched a long long time ago. If you classify a stud LT as a blocker who never gets beat, not even by stud DEs, then sure he isn't a stud. McKinnie's does however, win a vast majority of the battles, and we haven't even brought up the running game.

    As far as AD goes, our differences do not lie in the fact that I ignore his blocking and fumbling struggles. Our differences lie in that fact that I see the struggles, and realize that they are small compared to how dominant he is in other aspects of the game. However, forever some reason, having an amazing combination of heavy-hitting, speed, and open field ability isn't enough. He HAS to do EVERYTHING perfectly! I'm sorry if I realize that its an unrealistic desire. The same goes for McKinnie.

    I'm much more concerned about our starting SS, CB, FB, TE and WR than I am about those two guys. But this board would rather talk about the imperfections of some of the teams better players.

    -V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #102
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    V-Unit wrote:
    With respect to McKinnie, I frankly do believe that his lack of character centers strongly around a lack of pure intelligence rather than ill-will or bad intentions. While he has been in several conflicts, he has garnered no jail time, he has not even done anything illegal. I compare that to the guns, drugs, rape, and steroids that other players are getting caught with and call that minor. Just my opinion.

    As far as his play on the field goes, of course I hold him accountable. It's clear that McKinnie can;t handle the speed that elite pass rushers test him with. Saying any decent pass rusher can get by him, and then using Peppers and Allen as examples? What else can I do but laugh? And why do you still expect him to be able to deal with elite speed when he has never shown that in 9 years?

    Sure Favre, stood in there and took some hits, but that is what quarterbacks are supposed to do at times. You don't beat a blitz just by good blocking every time. Sometimes you find the open man quickly, sometimes you see the blitz coming and recognize which one is going to come free. Blocking schemes don't always call for every single front-7 defender to be blocked.

    McKinnie's career has lasted 3 times as long as the average NFL player's, with all 9 of those years coming at a very important position. He is far from worthless, and if he were unable to protect the blind side, he would have been moved over or benched a long long time ago. If you classify a stud LT as a blocker who never gets beat, not even by stud DEs, then sure he isn't a stud. McKinnie's does however, win a vast majority of the battles, and we haven't even brought up the running game.

    As far as AD goes, our differences do not lie in the fact that I ignore his blocking and fumbling struggles. Our differences lie in that fact that I see the struggles, and realize that they are small compared to how dominant he is in other aspects of the game. However, forever some reason, having an amazing combination of heavy-hitting, speed, and open field ability isn't enough. He HAS to do EVERYTHING perfectly! I'm sorry if I realize that its an unrealistic desire. The same goes for McKinnie.

    I'm much more concerned about our starting SS, CB, FB, TE and WR than I am about those two guys. But this board would rather talk about the imperfections of some of the teams better players.

    -V-
    McKinnie

    I used Allen and Peppers as examples but if you think he does not get beaten by more than just the elite pass rushers you are mistaken quite simply.

    Yes he lasted 9 years and will probably last a lot more. I'm not sure where you get the idea or the inkling that I say he is worthless. Please show me where I stated that and I will gladly retract it. That was never the question. In fact, I think he's a terrific run blocker. One of the best in the league.

    The questions I have concerning McKinnie is his consistency as I have now pointed out several times. Yet you are making it sound like I believe he is worthless. There are games where he plays great and others where he plays like crap. Add to the inconsistencies his off field issues which I pointed out just a couple previously and you have a problem child. If you think intending on bashing someone's head with a pole is miniscule that's fine.

    Where I will agree with you is when you say it may be partly his intelligence. But that doesn't take away the fact he has the issues which is really what is in question here. You make it sound like McKinnie is a scapegoat. He is not a scapegoat. He made his bed and he can lie in it. He has issues with pass protection. He has ever since he has been in the league. If you think he's been a "stud LT" then I guess we will have to agree to disagree. He's been good but not elite or "stud".

    AP

    I have said on many occasions I am glad to have him a Viking. He is a terrific player. One of the best RBs in the league. But again, that was never a question in my mind. What is the question being discussed is who is better between AP and CJ. I gave my opinion earlier and stated it is CJ right now and gave plenty of backup material to substantiate it. Then you came into the conversation (which there is nothing wrong with of course) and basically stated I was "wrong". Yet your only backup is how AP has had a better career than CJ. Which in fact, I agreed to. What I base my FACTS on is that as of right now CJ is in fact better than AP. Though you may disagree with me it doesn't mean I am wrong and it doesn't mean I think AP has more problems than what he is worth as you are trying so hard to prove. Yes, his contributions outweigh his downfalls. I never questioned that either. But when I say he has a fumbling problem and blocking problem you acted as though I said he is a terrible RB which is not the case.

    If you can disprove my allegations toward big Mac and/or AP I challenge you to do so. If you are only going to come at me with they are great players that does absolutely nothing. Mostly everyone on this board like Mac and AP but it doesn't mean some of us are going to turn a blind eye to their downfalls. If you choose to do that I won't question it. But to question anything I have stated in this thread is down right laughable. I haven't stated anything outrageous or incorrect. I have based every one of my opinions on facts in which I have substantiated.

    I also agree that there are worse problems in other areas on the team. But when you look at what is being discussed on the boards that is what I am responding to. If you want to begin posts that discusses the SS, CB, FB, TE and WR I will gladly give my feedback there as well. But this thread specifically talks about Bryant McKinnie. That is where I gave my feedback. When you brought AP in the picture then I gave my feedback about him as well.

  3. #103
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    ejmat wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    With respect to McKinnie, I frankly do believe that his lack of character centers strongly around a lack of pure intelligence rather than ill-will or bad intentions. While he has been in several conflicts, he has garnered no jail time, he has not even done anything illegal. I compare that to the guns, drugs, rape, and steroids that other players are getting caught with and call that minor. Just my opinion.

    As far as his play on the field goes, of course I hold him accountable. It's clear that McKinnie can;t handle the speed that elite pass rushers test him with. Saying any decent pass rusher can get by him, and then using Peppers and Allen as examples? What else can I do but laugh? And why do you still expect him to be able to deal with elite speed when he has never shown that in 9 years?

    Sure Favre, stood in there and took some hits, but that is what quarterbacks are supposed to do at times. You don't beat a blitz just by good blocking every time. Sometimes you find the open man quickly, sometimes you see the blitz coming and recognize which one is going to come free. Blocking schemes don't always call for every single front-7 defender to be blocked.

    McKinnie's career has lasted 3 times as long as the average NFL player's, with all 9 of those years coming at a very important position. He is far from worthless, and if he were unable to protect the blind side, he would have been moved over or benched a long long time ago. If you classify a stud LT as a blocker who never gets beat, not even by stud DEs, then sure he isn't a stud. McKinnie's does however, win a vast majority of the battles, and we haven't even brought up the running game.

    As far as AD goes, our differences do not lie in the fact that I ignore his blocking and fumbling struggles. Our differences lie in that fact that I see the struggles, and realize that they are small compared to how dominant he is in other aspects of the game. However, forever some reason, having an amazing combination of heavy-hitting, speed, and open field ability isn't enough. He HAS to do EVERYTHING perfectly! I'm sorry if I realize that its an unrealistic desire. The same goes for McKinnie.

    I'm much more concerned about our starting SS, CB, FB, TE and WR than I am about those two guys. But this board would rather talk about the imperfections of some of the teams better players.

    -V-
    McKinnie

    I used Allen and Peppers as examples but if you think he does not get beaten by more than just the elite pass rushers you are mistaken quite simply.

    Yes he lasted 9 years and will probably last a lot more. I'm not sure where you get the idea or the inkling that I say he is worthless. Please show me where I stated that and I will gladly retract it. That was never the question. In fact, I think he's a terrific run blocker. One of the best in the league.

    The questions I have concerning McKinnie is his consistency as I have now pointed out several times. Yet you are making it sound like I believe he is worthless. There are games where he plays great and others where he plays like crap. Add to the inconsistencies his off field issues which I pointed out just a couple previously and you have a problem child. If you think intending on bashing someone's head with a pole is miniscule that's fine.

    Where I will agree with you is when you say it may be partly his intelligence. But that doesn't take away the fact he has the issues which is really what is in question here. You make it sound like McKinnie is a scapegoat. He is not a scapegoat. He made his bed and he can lie in it. He has issues with pass protection. He has ever since he has been in the league. If you think he's been a "stud LT" then I guess we will have to agree to disagree. He's been good but not elite or "stud".

    AP

    I have said on many occasions I am glad to have him a Viking. He is a terrific player. One of the best RBs in the league. But again, that was never a question in my mind. What is the question being discussed is who is better between AP and CJ. I gave my opinion earlier and stated it is CJ right now and gave plenty of backup material to substantiate it. Then you came into the conversation (which there is nothing wrong with of course) and basically stated I was "wrong". Yet your only backup is how AP has had a better career than CJ. Which in fact, I agreed to. What I base my FACTS on is that as of right now CJ is in fact better than AP. Though you may disagree with me it doesn't mean I am wrong and it doesn't mean I think AP has more problems than what he is worth as you are trying so hard to prove. Yes, his contributions outweigh his downfalls. I never questioned that either. But when I say he has a fumbling problem and blocking problem you acted as though I said he is a terrible RB which is not the case.

    If you can disprove my allegations toward big Mac and/or AP I challenge you to do so. If you are only going to come at me with they are great players that does absolutely nothing. Mostly everyone on this board like Mac and AP but it doesn't mean some of us are going to turn a blind eye to their downfalls. If you choose to do that I won't question it. But to question anything I have stated in this thread is down right laughable. I haven't stated anything outrageous or incorrect. I have based every one of my opinions on facts in which I have substantiated.

    I also agree that there are worse problems in other areas on the team. But when you look at what is being discussed on the boards that is what I am responding to. If you want to begin posts that discusses the SS, CB, FB, TE and WR I will gladly give my feedback there as well. But this thread specifically talks about Bryant McKinnie. That is where I gave my feedback. When you brought AP in the picture then I gave my feedback about him as well.
    Did you read my last post?

    Where do I accuse you of calling McKinnie worthless?
    I don't.
    Where do I accuse you of being wrong?
    I don't.
    Where do I mention Chris Johnson?
    I don't.
    Where do I accuse you of calling Peterson a terrible RB?
    I don't.
    where do I call McKinnie a stud? Where do I call him elite?
    I don't.
    Where do I say, "They are great players, bottomline!"?
    I don't. In fact I accept and discuss all of their faults which you mention above.

    So I have to ask again, did you read my last post?

    -V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #104
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    I will definitely have to agree with V on a lot of what he is saying.

    It is clear that McKinnie struggles at times, but the people acting like we should just cut him or bench him clearly are overreacting.

    He is a good LT. He is not a hall of famer, is a fringe Pro Bowler and is an ASSET. He, for the most part, does his job and does it fairly well.

    Oddly enough, he was drafted on his "never given up a sack" stat and his pass blocking and he has turned out to be a superb run blocker.

    He struggles mightily with the elite DEs (which many LTs do, but I wish he would be better) and he definitely seems like the kind of guy who loses his focus once he gets beat once or twice.

    But as a whole, having a solid presence at one of the most important positions on the field for 9+ years is something that is a very good thing.

    Are there better LTs in the league? Absolutely. Is McKinnie in the top third at the LT positions? Absolutely. We have concerns much greater than Bryant McKinnie.

  5. #105
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    V-Unit wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    With respect to McKinnie, I frankly do believe that his lack of character centers strongly around a lack of pure intelligence rather than ill-will or bad intentions. While he has been in several conflicts, he has garnered no jail time, he has not even done anything illegal. I compare that to the guns, drugs, rape, and steroids that other players are getting caught with and call that minor. Just my opinion.

    As far as his play on the field goes, of course I hold him accountable. It's clear that McKinnie can;t handle the speed that elite pass rushers test him with. Saying any decent pass rusher can get by him, and then using Peppers and Allen as examples? What else can I do but laugh? And why do you still expect him to be able to deal with elite speed when he has never shown that in 9 years?

    Sure Favre, stood in there and took some hits, but that is what quarterbacks are supposed to do at times. You don't beat a blitz just by good blocking every time. Sometimes you find the open man quickly, sometimes you see the blitz coming and recognize which one is going to come free. Blocking schemes don't always call for every single front-7 defender to be blocked.

    McKinnie's career has lasted 3 times as long as the average NFL player's, with all 9 of those years coming at a very important position. He is far from worthless, and if he were unable to protect the blind side, he would have been moved over or benched a long long time ago. If you classify a stud LT as a blocker who never gets beat, not even by stud DEs, then sure he isn't a stud. McKinnie's does however, win a vast majority of the battles, and we haven't even brought up the running game.

    As far as AD goes, our differences do not lie in the fact that I ignore his blocking and fumbling struggles. Our differences lie in that fact that I see the struggles, and realize that they are small compared to how dominant he is in other aspects of the game. However, forever some reason, having an amazing combination of heavy-hitting, speed, and open field ability isn't enough. He HAS to do EVERYTHING perfectly! I'm sorry if I realize that its an unrealistic desire. The same goes for McKinnie.

    I'm much more concerned about our starting SS, CB, FB, TE and WR than I am about those two guys. But this board would rather talk about the imperfections of some of the teams better players.

    -V-
    McKinnie

    I used Allen and Peppers as examples but if you think he does not get beaten by more than just the elite pass rushers you are mistaken quite simply.

    Yes he lasted 9 years and will probably last a lot more. I'm not sure where you get the idea or the inkling that I say he is worthless. Please show me where I stated that and I will gladly retract it. That was never the question. In fact, I think he's a terrific run blocker. One of the best in the league.

    The questions I have concerning McKinnie is his consistency as I have now pointed out several times. Yet you are making it sound like I believe he is worthless. There are games where he plays great and others where he plays like crap. Add to the inconsistencies his off field issues which I pointed out just a couple previously and you have a problem child. If you think intending on bashing someone's head with a pole is miniscule that's fine.

    Where I will agree with you is when you say it may be partly his intelligence. But that doesn't take away the fact he has the issues which is really what is in question here. You make it sound like McKinnie is a scapegoat. He is not a scapegoat. He made his bed and he can lie in it. He has issues with pass protection. He has ever since he has been in the league. If you think he's been a "stud LT" then I guess we will have to agree to disagree. He's been good but not elite or "stud".

    AP

    I have said on many occasions I am glad to have him a Viking. He is a terrific player. One of the best RBs in the league. But again, that was never a question in my mind. What is the question being discussed is who is better between AP and CJ. I gave my opinion earlier and stated it is CJ right now and gave plenty of backup material to substantiate it. Then you came into the conversation (which there is nothing wrong with of course) and basically stated I was "wrong". Yet your only backup is how AP has had a better career than CJ. Which in fact, I agreed to. What I base my FACTS on is that as of right now CJ is in fact better than AP. Though you may disagree with me it doesn't mean I am wrong and it doesn't mean I think AP has more problems than what he is worth as you are trying so hard to prove. Yes, his contributions outweigh his downfalls. I never questioned that either. But when I say he has a fumbling problem and blocking problem you acted as though I said he is a terrible RB which is not the case.

    If you can disprove my allegations toward big Mac and/or AP I challenge you to do so. If you are only going to come at me with they are great players that does absolutely nothing. Mostly everyone on this board like Mac and AP but it doesn't mean some of us are going to turn a blind eye to their downfalls. If you choose to do that I won't question it. But to question anything I have stated in this thread is down right laughable. I haven't stated anything outrageous or incorrect. I have based every one of my opinions on facts in which I have substantiated.

    I also agree that there are worse problems in other areas on the team. But when you look at what is being discussed on the boards that is what I am responding to. If you want to begin posts that discusses the SS, CB, FB, TE and WR I will gladly give my feedback there as well. But this thread specifically talks about Bryant McKinnie. That is where I gave my feedback. When you brought AP in the picture then I gave my feedback about him as well.
    Did you read my last post?

    Where do I accuse you of calling McKinnie worthless?
    I don't.
    Where do I accuse you of being wrong?
    I don't.
    Where do I mention Chris Johnson?
    I don't.
    Where do I accuse you of calling Peterson a terrible RB?
    I don't.
    where do I call McKinnie a stud? Where do I call him elite?
    I don't.
    Where do I say, "They are great players, bottomline!"?
    I don't. In fact I accept and discuss all of their faults which you mention above.

    So I have to ask again, did you read my last post?

    -V-
    Are you kidding me? I have read your last post as well as everyone of your posts. Since you asked twice sarcastically I will answer twice sarcastically. I did read your last post as well as every other post we have been going back and forth on. I am not just going by your last post. I include every post in this thread in which we have gone back and forth on today. Do I really need to go back and quote you on some of these?

    Where do I accuse you of calling McKinnie worthless?
    I don't.
    V-Unit wrote:
    McKinnie's career has lasted 3 times as long as the average NFL player's, with all 9 of those years coming at a very important position. He is far from worthless

    Where do I accuse you of being wrong?
    I don't.
    EJMAT wrote:
    Whether people like it or not that is part of being a RB. And for whoever said Chris Johnson can't block I will disagree with you. Chris Johnson blocks just fine. He also catches great out of the backfield and holds onto the ball better. So yes, Chris Johnson is a better running back than AP at this stage in their careers.
    V-Unit wrote:
    Wrong. Chris Johnson simply had one great year. AD has been great for many consecutive years now, making him the better back.

    Where do I mention Chris Johnson?
    I don't.
    See above!

    Where do I accuse you of calling Peterson a terrible RB?
    I don't.
    You don't actually accuse me however you imply that is what I think.
    where do I call McKinnie a stud? Where do I call him elite?
    I don't.
    You are right. You never stated McKinnie is a stud. You sure as heck imply it though. I will take the hit on that.

    Where do I say, "They are great players, bottomline!"?
    I don't. In fact I accept and discuss all of their faults which you mention above.
    Really? How did our whole debate start? If you didn't at very least imply or use the same verbiage you sure have a funny way of bowing out of it.
    The real "bottomline!" is the fact people including myself were addressing McKinnie's faults. You disagreed by using McKinnie and AP and saying we were all using both as scapegoats. Isn't that what began this debate? I countered by stating everything I was saying was true and you continued to try and prove me wrong. Yet now you agree to the faults and then deny the fact you mentioned most of what you are saying you didn't.

  6. #106
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    Those who hate Mac so much.. WHO would you replace him with?

    How would you go about this?

  7. #107
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    ejmat wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    With respect to McKinnie, I frankly do believe that his lack of character centers strongly around a lack of pure intelligence rather than ill-will or bad intentions. While he has been in several conflicts, he has garnered no jail time, he has not even done anything illegal. I compare that to the guns, drugs, rape, and steroids that other players are getting caught with and call that minor. Just my opinion.

    As far as his play on the field goes, of course I hold him accountable. It's clear that McKinnie can;t handle the speed that elite pass rushers test him with. Saying any decent pass rusher can get by him, and then using Peppers and Allen as examples? What else can I do but laugh? And why do you still expect him to be able to deal with elite speed when he has never shown that in 9 years?

    Sure Favre, stood in there and took some hits, but that is what quarterbacks are supposed to do at times. You don't beat a blitz just by good blocking every time. Sometimes you find the open man quickly, sometimes you see the blitz coming and recognize which one is going to come free. Blocking schemes don't always call for every single front-7 defender to be blocked.

    McKinnie's career has lasted 3 times as long as the average NFL player's, with all 9 of those years coming at a very important position. He is far from worthless, and if he were unable to protect the blind side, he would have been moved over or benched a long long time ago. If you classify a stud LT as a blocker who never gets beat, not even by stud DEs, then sure he isn't a stud. McKinnie's does however, win a vast majority of the battles, and we haven't even brought up the running game.

    As far as AD goes, our differences do not lie in the fact that I ignore his blocking and fumbling struggles. Our differences lie in that fact that I see the struggles, and realize that they are small compared to how dominant he is in other aspects of the game. However, forever some reason, having an amazing combination of heavy-hitting, speed, and open field ability isn't enough. He HAS to do EVERYTHING perfectly! I'm sorry if I realize that its an unrealistic desire. The same goes for McKinnie.

    I'm much more concerned about our starting SS, CB, FB, TE and WR than I am about those two guys. But this board would rather talk about the imperfections of some of the teams better players.

    -V-
    McKinnie

    I used Allen and Peppers as examples but if you think he does not get beaten by more than just the elite pass rushers you are mistaken quite simply.

    Yes he lasted 9 years and will probably last a lot more. I'm not sure where you get the idea or the inkling that I say he is worthless. Please show me where I stated that and I will gladly retract it. That was never the question. In fact, I think he's a terrific run blocker. One of the best in the league.

    The questions I have concerning McKinnie is his consistency as I have now pointed out several times. Yet you are making it sound like I believe he is worthless. There are games where he plays great and others where he plays like crap. Add to the inconsistencies his off field issues which I pointed out just a couple previously and you have a problem child. If you think intending on bashing someone's head with a pole is miniscule that's fine.

    Where I will agree with you is when you say it may be partly his intelligence. But that doesn't take away the fact he has the issues which is really what is in question here. You make it sound like McKinnie is a scapegoat. He is not a scapegoat. He made his bed and he can lie in it. He has issues with pass protection. He has ever since he has been in the league. If you think he's been a "stud LT" then I guess we will have to agree to disagree. He's been good but not elite or "stud".

    AP

    I have said on many occasions I am glad to have him a Viking. He is a terrific player. One of the best RBs in the league. But again, that was never a question in my mind. What is the question being discussed is who is better between AP and CJ. I gave my opinion earlier and stated it is CJ right now and gave plenty of backup material to substantiate it. Then you came into the conversation (which there is nothing wrong with of course) and basically stated I was "wrong". Yet your only backup is how AP has had a better career than CJ. Which in fact, I agreed to. What I base my FACTS on is that as of right now CJ is in fact better than AP. Though you may disagree with me it doesn't mean I am wrong and it doesn't mean I think AP has more problems than what he is worth as you are trying so hard to prove. Yes, his contributions outweigh his downfalls. I never questioned that either. But when I say he has a fumbling problem and blocking problem you acted as though I said he is a terrible RB which is not the case.

    If you can disprove my allegations toward big Mac and/or AP I challenge you to do so. If you are only going to come at me with they are great players that does absolutely nothing. Mostly everyone on this board like Mac and AP but it doesn't mean some of us are going to turn a blind eye to their downfalls. If you choose to do that I won't question it. But to question anything I have stated in this thread is down right laughable. I haven't stated anything outrageous or incorrect. I have based every one of my opinions on facts in which I have substantiated.

    I also agree that there are worse problems in other areas on the team. But when you look at what is being discussed on the boards that is what I am responding to. If you want to begin posts that discusses the SS, CB, FB, TE and WR I will gladly give my feedback there as well. But this thread specifically talks about Bryant McKinnie. That is where I gave my feedback. When you brought AP in the picture then I gave my feedback about him as well.
    Did you read my last post?

    Where do I accuse you of calling McKinnie worthless?
    I don't.
    Where do I accuse you of being wrong?
    I don't.
    Where do I mention Chris Johnson?
    I don't.
    Where do I accuse you of calling Peterson a terrible RB?
    I don't.
    where do I call McKinnie a stud? Where do I call him elite?
    I don't.
    Where do I say, "They are great players, bottomline!"?
    I don't. In fact I accept and discuss all of their faults which you mention above.

    So I have to ask again, did you read my last post?

    -V-
    Are you kidding me? I have read your last post as well as everyone of your posts. Since you asked twice sarcastically I will answer twice sarcastically. I did read your last post as well as every other post we have been going back and forth on. I am not just going by your last post. I include every post in this thread in which we have gone back and forth on today. Do I really need to go back and quote you on some of these?

    Where do I accuse you of calling McKinnie worthless?
    I don't.
    V-Unit wrote:
    McKinnie's career has lasted 3 times as long as the average NFL player's, with all 9 of those years coming at a very important position. He is far from worthless

    Where do I accuse you of being wrong?
    I don't.
    EJMAT wrote:
    Whether people like it or not that is part of being a RB. And for whoever said Chris Johnson can't block I will disagree with you. Chris Johnson blocks just fine. He also catches great out of the backfield and holds onto the ball better. So yes, Chris Johnson is a better running back than AP at this stage in their careers.
    V-Unit wrote:
    Wrong. Chris Johnson simply had one great year. AD has been great for many consecutive years now, making him the better back.

    Where do I mention Chris Johnson?
    I don't.
    See above!

    Where do I accuse you of calling Peterson a terrible RB?
    I don't.
    You don't actually accuse me however you imply that is what I think.
    where do I call McKinnie a stud? Where do I call him elite?
    I don't.
    You are right. You never stated McKinnie is a stud. You sure as heck imply it though. I will take the hit on that.

    Where do I say, "They are great players, bottomline!"?
    I don't. In fact I accept and discuss all of their faults which you mention above.
    Really? How did our whole debate start? If you didn't at very least imply or use the same verbiage you sure have a funny way of bowing out of it.
    The real "bottomline!" is the fact people including myself were addressing McKinnie's faults. You disagreed by using McKinnie and AP and saying we were all using both as scapegoats. Isn't that what began this debate? I countered by stating everything I was saying was true and you continued to try and prove me wrong. Yet now you agree to the faults and then deny the fact you mentioned most of what you are saying you didn't.
    My first post in this thread after the SF Preseason game is below:

    Mac hasn't lived up to potential, but when the games start counting I'm confident that he'll play well enough.

    -V-
    You want to know how our whole debate started? THERE IT IS.


    So, now I can't even state that McKinnie is "far from worthless" without you taking it as a direct accusation that you called him worthless. Instead, you accuse me of "bowing out" and say " Yet now you agree to the faults"....I AGREED TO THEM IN MY FIRST FUCKING POST.

    -V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #108
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    V4L wrote:
    Those who hate Mac so much.. WHO would you replace him with?

    How would you go about this?
    ryan cook
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  9. #109
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    marshallvike wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Those who hate Mac so much.. WHO would you replace him with?

    How would you go about this?
    ryan cook

    :P

  10. #110
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471

    Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

    V4L wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Those who hate Mac so much.. WHO would you replace him with?

    How would you go about this?
    ryan cook

    :P
    Damn, you got it. I thought I would ruffle some feathers with that one
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bryant Mckinnie off season bar thread
    By vikinggreg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 09:45 PM
  2. Bryant McKinnie
    By urvaday in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:37 AM
  3. Bryant Mckinnie
    By vikings11_27 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM
  4. Bryant McKinnie
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •