Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

If he spent as much time on football as he did at McDonalds and in the studio he might be a better player

http://twitter.com/bigmacvikings

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:The Official Bryant Mckinnie Thread

I was really excited when Mount "I've never given up a sack" McKinnie signed with the Vikings. Now I'm thinking that it was a typo and was supposed to read "I've never given up a snack".

Fuck McKinnie. Walk the plank.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Prophet wrote:
    I was really excited when Mount "I've never given up a sack" McKinnie signed with the Vikings. Now I'm thinking that it was a typo and was supposed to read "I've never given up a snack".

Fuck McKinnie. Walk the plank.
    you'll be lucky, where would find a plank that strong to support that tub of lard? He was the cause of the I-35W bridge collapse when someone told him that the Dunkin Donuts store on the other bank was doing a 2 for the price of 1 special
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Funny. A large player falls out of grace from the fans and the fat jokes roll.

You're not going to hear the same jokes about Pat Williams unless they are from opposing fans.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

happy camper wrote:

You're not going to hear the same jokes about Pat Williams unless they are from opposing fans.
    not at all. I've been consistent in my opinion of McKinnie from the moment he decided to hold out on signing his rookie contract. In addition I'm not slim or sylphlike either so I'm a position to call him that.
    In addition you're right about Pat Williams, difference is he applies himself and has fan respect and so you won't find people getting on his case.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

AngloVike wrote:
    happy camper wrote:

not at all. I've been consistent in my opinion of McKinnie from the moment he decided to hold out on signing his rookie contract. In addition I'm not slim or sylphlike either so I'm a position to call him that.

In addition you're right about Pat Williams, difference is he applies himself and has fan respect and so you won't find people getting on his case.
    Pat Williams doesn't regularly get abused while doing his job, either. That's why I think McKinnie is a big tub of goo.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I would like everyone ripping on McKinnie to name 5 left tackles in the NFL they'd rather have than him and why, off the top of their heads.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Mr Anderson wrote:
    I would like everyone ripping on McKinnie to name 5 left tackles in the NFL they'd rather have than him and why, off the top of their heads.
    I can't do that because I don't study LTs enough to know each and every one of them.

That said - I *have* watched McKinnie enough to know that he has always been susceptible to speed rushers. And that he has always stood around and done nothing once beaten.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Mr Anderson wrote:
    1-5: anyone that isn't a lazy bastard.

Why?

1. Love Boat
    2. Pole beating episode
    3. Too lazy to make a phone call for probowl.

He's a disservice to the franchise that I follow. He is a waste of flesh wearing my team's colors.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I can't do that because I don't study LTs enough to know each and every one of them.

That said - I *have* watched McKinnie enough to know that he has always been susceptible to speed rushers. And that he has always stood around and done nothing once beaten.

=Z=
    You say that as if there is something he can do once being beat. The play's over if he gets beat, he's pass blocking. If his man beats him, the QB has to get rid of it, or gets sacked. Unless a back picks him up. It's not like he can get downfield to block on a pass.

And to the first part, it's not just that you don't study them, it's that there aren't 5 better LTs in the NFL right now. The ones I can think of are: Joe Thomas, Jason Peters are better. Jordan Gross, Joe Staley, and Marcus McNeil are arguably as good.

To expect a guy at 6'8" 340 to be able to handle speed rushers that didn't exist in the NFL 10 years ago easily is unrealistic. Not everyone is what Orlando Pace once was. McKinnie is a very good offensive tackle, one of the best in the NFL, not only a handful of Vikings fans believe this, he's frequently talked about with the top guys for a reason.

He's a hell of a lot better than a lot of guys on here give him credit for. Ignoring his 4 game suspension last season, he has yet to miss a start since signing in 2002. That's 115 straight games. He's played well for a huge majority of those 115, it's too bad most of us only notice the bad.

Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast