"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Get Ready for the Brett Favre Offseason Dance[/size]

by Brandon Erickson (Contributor)
    bleacherreport.com

February 09, 2009

It seems like only yesterday that Brett Favre retired, and one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the NFL took his final bow.

The worst thing Brett could have done was in fact what he ended up doing. He returned to the NFL and demanded his release.....
    This is one of the worst articles I have read.

Seeing him calling the signals in a purple jersey would probably send ripples through the fan base
    He obviously does not pay attention to the fan base. If he would look at the polls and see that the majority would not mind him here.
    I have yet to see an unbiased poll where the majority want Favre here.

The only ones I's seen him get the majority of the votes is when they are worded in such a way that you would almost have to pick Favre. This is what you have done in your biased poll

Do you want Favre here [size=10pt]if we have no other options[/size]?
    Now if you had worded that "Do you want Favre here even if we have other options?" & listed an option for other QB's, you wouldn't see half that many votes for Favre.
    Your the only one who thinks it is biased. You don't almost have to pick Favre. You don't want him select "NO". It is not rocket science. Obviously people would not mind if he is not here. So my statement is in fact true.
    Your statement is BULLSHIT & that's why you added the "if we have no other options" catch-all in there.

You completely ruled out all other possible trade & FA options that are out there with those 6 words & people voted accordingly.

How many people that have posted in this thread are begging for Favre besides yourself & Ned?

60%? I think not.
    Wrong again. That poll has nothing to do with begging or even wanting Favre. It has to do with people being comfortable with Favre here. It has to do with people not caring if Favre was on the team. If you did not want Favre a part of this team obviously you would have voted no. 24 other people made sense of it and voted no. So again it is not rocket science.

Most people including me would be in favor of a trade for Cassel or another FA option like Garcia over Favre. Again that was not the point of the poll. So using your theory I would have chosen one of those options. How the fuck would that accomplish my goal of seeing how many people were comfortable with Favre being here? You are absolutely 100% wrong in your assessment.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Favre-To-Vikes Heating Up

Damn, I wonder how many pages we can milk out of this topic before he decides what to do?

I am going to say this thread gets to 100 before the OTA's

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Your statement is BULLSHIT & that's why you added the "if we have no other options" catch-all in there.

You completely ruled out all other possible trade & FA options that are out there with those 6 words & people voted accordingly.

How many people that have posted in this thread are begging for Favre besides yourself & Ned?

60%? I think not.
    Wrong again. That poll has nothing to do with begging or even wanting Favre. It has to do with people being comfortable with Favre here. It has to do with people not caring if Favre was on the team. If you did not want Favre a part of this team obviously you would have voted no. 24 other people made sense of it and voted no. So again it is not rocket science.

Most people including me would be in favor of a trade for Cassel or another FA option like Garcia over Favre. Again that was not the point of the poll. So using your theory I would have chosen one of those options. How the fuck would that accomplish my goal of seeing how many people were comfortable with Favre being here? You are absolutely 100% wrong in your assessment.

Now here's an example of an unbiased poll......

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/122038-minnesota-vikings-fans-need-to-stop-boarding-the-favre-band-wagon/poll_results#poll

Only 28.6% want Favre here.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

60%? I think not.

Now here's an example of an unbiased poll......

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/122038-minnesota-vikings-fans-need-to-stop-boarding-the-favre-band-wagon/poll_results#poll

Only 28.6% want Favre here.
    You really need to take a class in statistics. First of all that poll still has Favre being the leading option. LMFAO. You failed to make any point with that one. Now it is at 29.8%. That poll has many options and would never get the true results of knowing if the total population of voters was ok with Favre on this team. Mine does that. BTW that poll is bias, you can vote more than once.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

True Comedy... and yeah I just realized there was a poll we're up to 37 yes 24 No.

"marstc09" wrote:

You really need to take a class in statistics. First of all that poll still has Favre being the leading option. LMFAO. You failed to make any point with that one. Now it is at 29.8%. That poll has many options and would never get the true results of knowing if the total population of voters was ok with Favre on this team. Mine does that. BTW that poll is bias, you can vote more than once.
    Really? What it tells me is that 70.2% would rather have someone else other than Favre.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Really? What it tells me is that 70.2% would rather have someone else other than Favre.
    Your still not understanding, the polls are completly different, the poll in this thread is asking one if they would be in favor of Favre, its a yes or no question. The other poll gives numerous options, there is a differnece. IMO the poll on this site does not lie, we have well over 50 votes.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Your still not understanding, the polls are completly different, the poll in this thread is asking one if they would be in favor of Favre, its a yes or no question. The other poll gives numerous options, there is a differnece. IMO the poll on this site does not lie, we have well over 50 votes.
    Yes it's a yes or no question, but it states "IF there are no other options". To me that states, as a last resort, would you mind Favre here?

The original post of his that I quoted, which was snipped for lengths sake, was this.

"marstc09" wrote:

Seeing him calling the signals in a purple jersey would probably send ripples through the fan base
    He obviously does not pay attention to the fan base. If he would look at the polls and see that the majority would not mind him here.
    The correct answer would be "YES" it would send ripples thru the fan base.

Even on our own poll. 40% don't want Favre here.

Would Cassel or Garcia send ripples thru the fan base here? I doubt it.

Would Favre. Definitely.

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

I don't disagree with that. I am part of that now 71.3%.

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Yes it's a yes or no question, but it states "IF there are no other options". To me that states, as a last resort, would you mind Favre here?

The original post of his that I quoted, which was snipped for lengths sake, was this.

"marstc09" wrote:

The correct answer would be "YES" it would send ripples thru the fan base.

Even on our own poll. 40% don't want Favre here.

Would Cassel or Garcia send ripples thru the fan base here? I doubt it.

Would Favre. Definitely.
    That is not what we have been arguing.