Page 2 of 1238 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Favre-To-Vikes Heating Up

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Something about a 39 year old QB that I don't think Childress would go for.
    What happens if TJ completely tanks this year? I don't think he will but it is possible. Or if he gets a career ended injury. We would not have many options.
    If TJack completely tanks or has a career ending injury, I think we would turn toward the draft before taking Fav-re.
    What he said.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    What happens if TJ completely tanks this year? I don't think he will but it is possible. Or if he gets a career ended injury. We would not have many options.
    If TJack completely tanks or has a career ending injury, I think we would turn toward the draft before taking Fav-re.
    Of course we are going to turn to the draft.
    :P Why stick that guy in right away? Give him a year under Favre. That seems smarter to me. Why would you want another TJ situation? Remember Chilly and company's original plan was to have Brad Johnson play while TJ learns. Why would you think they would want to do it any other way?

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    :P Why stick that guy in right away? Give him a year under Favre. That seems smarter to me. Why would you want another TJ situation? Remember Chilly and company's original plan was to have Brad Johnson play while TJ learns. Why would you think they would want to do it any other way?
    A year under Favre... Yeah there is some real lessons to be learned there.

Favre: okay, against a cover 2, you want to look down the sideline then hang it up over the middle got that?

Rookie: *nods*

Favre: Now against a cover 3 I like to look for someone on a fly route, preferably hit him over the top.

Rooke: ??

Favre: Man to man? I love that stuff, do a little pump fake, BAM, 60 yard bomb.

Rookie: no checkdowns?

Favre: Go getcha' self some wranglers kid.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

Favre: okay, against a cover 2, you want to look down the sideline then hang it up over the middle got that?

Favre: Now against a cover 3 I like to look for someone on a fly route, preferably hit him over the top.

That would be more than Fav-re every did for Rodgers.
    Remember two years ago when Fav-re stated that mentoring rookie QB's "wasn't his job"?

In a scenario where we lose TJack for whatever reason I would rather get a rookie to sit under Frerottefor a year than Fav-re.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=47493.msg828414#msg828414 date=1220367014]

Remember two years ago when Fav-re stated that mentoring rookie QB's "wasn't his job"?

In a scenario where we lose TJack for whatever reason I would rather get a rookie to sit under Frerottefor a year than Fav-re.
    [/quote]

I think Freotte is a good backup but in no way do I want to see him as a starter.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=47493.msg828421#msg828421 date=1220367251]
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=47493.msg828414#msg828414 date=1220367014]

[/quote]

I think Freotte is a good backup but in no way do I want to see him as a starter.
    [/quote]

Frerotte starting for the Vikings would mean that either TJack stunk or was injured again.
    Two scenarios that I hope don't happen.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I doubt he is going to want to come here and compete with McNabb for the starting job. We won't need both of them.

FAVRE WATCH 09 BEGINS

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/16/favre-watch-09-begins/

We continue to believe that the Jets effort to persuade Favre to play for them (which entailed naming rights to unborn children and perhaps even some good, old-fashioned cuckolding) included a promise by the organization to grant Favre an unconditional release after 2008, if he wants it.

Our guess is that he still hopes to stick it to the Packers, and that he still secretly yearns to play for the Vikings.
    With Tarvaris Jackson benched and Gus Frerotte named the starter for the rest of the season, the move still makes a lot of sense.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    FAVRE WATCH ‘09 BEGINS

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/16/favre-watch-09-begins/

We continue to believe that the Jets’ effort to persuade Favre to play for them (which entailed naming rights to unborn children and perhaps even some good, old-fashioned cuckolding) included a promise by the organization to grant Favre an unconditional release after 2008, if he wants it.

Our guess is that he still hopes to stick it to the Packers, and that he still secretly yearns to play for the Vikings.
    With Tarvaris Jackson benched and Gus Frerotte named the starter for the rest of the season, the move still makes a lot of sense.
    Won't happen, but funny to think about.

Caine

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Frerrote is 37.
    Not much of a difference in age.
    However as a QB there's a big difference.
    To me it would be perfect.
    Give Favre two years or so whcih would give Booty some growing time.
    It's definately an upgrade from what we have now as well as a good opportunity to give JDB some time.