Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Spielman took over and announced his plan to go younger and build talent that will be here a while. A huge chance in direction from before. I think we can safely say that we have seen evidence of him following through on that plan. He wasn't perfect obviously - his free agency signings were HORRIBLE. But his draft was very, very good.
    I think in the 1st 2nd and 3rd round...you are supposed to hit. Your 2nd round pick is essentiaally a 1st rounder and your 3rd rounder is essentially a 2nd rounder. Sorry I can't give you too much credit for drafting the way he did. Smith was a very good move and worth of praise. The others.... not so much.
    Impossible expectations much?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    This was Spielman's first year as GM. First year in control. The stupid TOA was responsible for a lot of what you are describing. There was no plan, no goal in sight. Just trying to scramble and get players that may or may not work well in the same schemes and may or may not be worth the price. It was chaos.

Spielman took over and announced his plan to go younger and build talent that will be here a while. A huge chance in direction from before. I think we can safely say that we have seen evidence of him following through on that plan. He wasn't perfect obviously - his free agency signings were HORRIBLE. But his draft was very, very good.
    I thought AJ Jefferson had a decent game and has been doing a pretty decent job of filling in for Cook. They seem to be giving him a lot of man coverage and I usually see him pretty tight to the receiver even on long passing plays. Not bad for a mid season fill in pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Impossible expectations much?
    Welcome to the world of fandom, where nothing short of world dominance is ever acceptable.

Give the Vikings good QB play and all the hatred would just move to another area. Until we win multiple SB's, there will be no love in Mudville.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    welcome to the world of fandom, where nothing short of world dominance is ever acceptable.

Give the vikings good qb play and all the hatred would just move to another area. Until we win multiple sb's, there will be no love in mudville.
    qft

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Welcome to the world of fandom, where nothing short of world dominance is ever acceptable.

Give the Vikings good QB play and all the hatred would just move to another area. Until we win multiple SB's, there will be no love in Mudville.
    Completely disagree. Give us a Super Bowl... period.

Fans have been giving their money to this franchise decade after decade... now they've trained their fans to accept mediocrity and ridicule the fans that want a championship? That's just sad.

But I guess accepting mediocrity is something the people of Minnesota are good at.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Completely disagree. Give us a Super Bowl... period.

Fans have been giving their money to this franchise decade after decade... now they've trained their fans to accept mediocrity and ridicule the fans that want a championship? That's just sad.

But I guess accepting mediocrity is something the people of Minnesota are good at.

Good ol' CMac, able to insult an entire state and put himself on an elite pedestal all why posting a picture of his wall candy.

If we had won a Super Bowl 20 years ago and failed miserably since then, you would be a happy content fan? I somehow doubt it. Nothing less than world dominance every year will keep the fanbase at bay.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Good ol' CMac, able to insult an entire state and put himself on an elite pedestal all why posting a picture of his wall candy.

If we had won a Super Bowl 20 years ago and failed miserably since then, you would be a happy content fan? I somehow doubt it. Nothing less than world dominance every year will keep the fanbase at bay.
    Key word "IF"....

We did not win a Super Bowl 20 years ago, nor have we ever... I do not argue in hypotheticals anymore, not since I was 8.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Dude... our RB has more rushing yards than our QB has passing in 3 consecutive games. Im not being irrational. I gave credit for the Smith trade and pick. However, nothing they did in drafting khalil was impressive. A market for Richardson build itself!!!! and they drafted the best LT in the draft. simple... easy... Robinson looks solid. so i give credit for that.

We didnt address DT nor WR.... and as you can see, we can't crush the pocket and we have Jenkins runing routes.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Dude... our RB has more rushing yards than our QB has passing in 3 consecutive games. Im not being irrational. I gave credit for the Smith trade and pick. However, nothing they did in drafting khalil was impressive. A market for Richardson build itself!!!! and they drafted the best LT in the draft. simple... easy... Robinson looks solid. so i give credit for that.

We didnt address DT nor WR.... and as you can see, we can't crush the pocket and we have Jenkins runing routes.

I agree... we waited entirely too long to draft a WR in a deep receiver draft... then we take a poor man's harvin and gimpy greg Childs that can't stay healthy.... granted the 3 top picks are very good... but we wasted one on the corner turned safety from ND and haven't really hit on a pick outside of the 3rd or 4th round sans Matt Blair the kicker and sullivan...

More importantly we drafted a horrible QB when we reached a round or 2 too early taking Ponder.. UGH that dude sucks!!!

Dude, would you know if you are being irrational? Okay, that's a question you can't answer.

Accepting nothing but perfection, is pretty much the definition of a fan, all I'm trying to say. Some apparently are much more emotional than others, but I love to see the passion either way. Not saying you can't hate on Ponder, Spielman, the WR's, the DL, the LT,... all you want. Keep plugging away. But you should recognize that you are just another poster on this site like myself that has only opinions to offer. Don't be put off if everyone doesn't see things the same way you do. Who knows, you might just have a few things wrong...it is possible.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast