Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 111
  1. #71
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think VikesfaninWis is expecting Ponder to throw 300+ yards every game. I do however think he expects Ponder to be throwing for more yards than he has been, completing more passes and actually scoring more on drives rather than us punting.

    Anyone with a clue knows the Cardinals have the worst QB predicament in the league.

    In the last 7 games, Ponder has thrown for 962 yards. That's the fewest in the league be far over that period of time.

    In those same 7 games the Cardinals have thrown for 1445.
    Cardinals Qbs don't have Peterson making it easy for them.

  2. #72
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Interestingly the bottom two have what are supposed to be 2 of the most elite LT's in the game to watch their blind sides and give the WR more time to get open. Just saying.

  3. #73
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    First of all, our team in such a terrible shape ( by the guru you praise for this draft) that we have players contibuting that should not be.

    Kalil, you already know how I feel about the selection of the top OT in the country.
    Smith - Must admit he surprises me more and more. They have adjusted their scheme to keep him moving forward and he never has to turn and run. He got beat today when he had to turn and run on the TD. Don't get me wrong, he played lights out today and is an amazing rookie. I give spielmen credit for this.

    Robinson - Plays well for a rookie. Playing above his draft level would start for a couple teams in the league.

    Wright - Not going to be a star. Is getting "yards" because he is on the field and we have no one. He wouldn't start anywhere else and is here because we are inept at drafting offense.

    This brings me to my point. Ricky boy has been at this for how long. Since he has been here, he has yet to find an average QB, A decent QB, a Stud QB. Since he has been here, he has drafted two NFL caliber WRs, one of which I believe was Childress want in Harvin but I will give him the credit. He simply cannot draft offense and our lack of a passing game is apparent. We blame OCs year after year but it looks like Bevell is balling out of control in Seattle!!!!!! The difference is, they found a QB and some WRs to fix their issue. Some of you are fine with "improvements" I dont see any improvements.

    This wasn't a 3-13 team last season and they aren't one now. We are always a talented team defensively and at almost every position we have one of the best players in the league their( JA, KW, CG, AW). We have a historic running back. That alone should win us 5 games every season. However, if our FO could get it's head from out of its ass, we can fix the passing game and win some rings. Isn't it apparent that the 1 year we had an above average QB ( Favre benefited from Peterson dominance) we made it deep into the playoffs? All I ask for is the FO to do is to stop reaching for a guy they think can improve enough to play and start getting "a Guy". Since we drafted Ponder, He has been surpassed by almost every QB in the draft except guys like Mallet and Stanzi, who have yet to play. Ever fucking QB! Hell even the Jets backup came in and looked better. I'm sick of the celebrations for shit we should do. We should beat the bears at home, when they are playing with no Jennings, no 54 and a depleted line. Peterson should be able to run for 200 yards a game, he is that good. Instead he has to break 1 long run and grind out the rest against 9 and 10 in the fucking box because our QB is a fucking noodle armed, idiot.

    3 good offensive players in over 7 years is laughable. Think about that for a second. We have had 3 good offensive players in 7 years of drafting and signing. Hitler video time.
    This was Spielman's first year as GM. First year in control. The stupid TOA was responsible for a lot of what you are describing. There was no plan, no goal in sight. Just trying to scramble and get players that may or may not work well in the same schemes and may or may not be worth the price. It was chaos.

    Spielman took over and announced his plan to go younger and build talent that will be here a while. A huge chance in direction from before. I think we can safely say that we have seen evidence of him following through on that plan. He wasn't perfect obviously - his free agency signings were HORRIBLE. But his draft was very, very good.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #74
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think VikesfaninWis is expecting Ponder to throw 300+ yards every game. I do however think he expects Ponder to be throwing for more yards than he has been, completing more passes and actually scoring more on drives rather than us punting.

    Anyone with a clue knows the Cardinals have the worst QB predicament in the league.

    In the last 7 games, Ponder has thrown for 962 yards. That's the fewest in the league be far over that period of time.

    The next fewest is by Tannehil who's thrown 1255 in his last 7 games & in the first of those 7 games he only played for a portion of the first quarter.

    In those same 7 games the Cardinals have thrown for 1445.
    So are you saying that the Dolphins have a running game as good as ours and yet their QB still puts up better numbers? What?

    Tannehill was asked to throw something close to twice as many passes as Ponder was asked. Of course he is going to accumulate more yards.

    You want Ponder to throw more, talk to the O-coord and tell him to run more WR's on the field instead of so many blocking TE's and HBacks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #75
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    198
    On a side note... Hey Kluwe, take your little Ray Guy masking tape cut out and stick it up your skinny little ass. Do your fuking job and punt and leave the Jim Mc Mahon imitation to someone that actually plays football, you pussy. I can't stand this fukstick. Mr Opinion every week about something. Hey Crissy, you're a fuking punter, we don't give a rats ass about your opinions and no one else does either except the dopes that decided to put your opinion on the screen yesterday.. As for the HOF... lol,, YOU'RE FUKING PUNTERS...

  6. #76
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    On those passing first downs that came late in the game, I'm pretty sure we punted.

    In the 4th quarter, 2 of his 7 came in 1 drive that we ended up punting. Those were the only 2 he threw in the 4th quarter. That drive by the way, which started in the 3rd quarter, was at the beginning of the 4th. Our next possession in the 4th was 3 and out. The final was all knee.

    His only other 1st down pass in the entire 2nd half was half way in the 3rd quarter. However, it was thrown on 1st down & was a dump pass to you guessed it.......AD. That lengthened the drive a whopping 34 seconds longer before we punted.

    Minnesota Vikings at 0:48 CHI MIN
    3rd and 7 at MIN 4 (Shotgun) C.Ponder pass short middle to M.Jenkins to MIN 12 for 8 yards (C.Tillman).
    1st and 10 at MIN 12 T.Gerhart right guard to MIN 17 for 5 yards (H.Melton). PENALTY on CHI-C.Tillman, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at MIN 17.
    1st and 10 at MIN 32 C.Ponder pass incomplete short middle to K.Rudolph.
    2nd and 10 at MIN 32 A.Peterson left end pushed ob at MIN 42 for 10 yards (J.Peppers).
    1st and 10 at MIN 42 A.Peterson left guard to MIN 48 for 6 yards (N.Roach; L.Briggs).
    2nd and 4 at MIN 48 C.Ponder pass short right to R.Ellison to MIN 46 for -2 yards (G.Hayes).
    Timeout #1 by MIN at 11:35.
    3rd and 6 at MIN 46 (Shotgun) C.Ponder pass short right to M.Jenkins to CHI 44 for 10 yards (N.Roach; K.Hayden).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #77
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    There you go, using logic and facts again.
    I counted two, 1 the first past early in the game to Jenkins and the pass high and in accurate that Jenkins made a great catch on but Marr would sell it as on purpose.

    I'm sure he made a pass here or there but.... that pass he made that sent the open TE out of bounds was the worst completion for any QB in years. It was so fucking bad, I thought he was playing in the snow!
    He used nothing but his own flawed opinion of what happened.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #78
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    On a side note... Hey Kluwe, take your little Ray Guy masking tape cut out and stick it up your skinny little ass. Do your fuking job and punt and leave the Jim Mc Mahon imitation to someone that actually plays football, you pussy. I can't stand this fukstick. Mr Opinion every week about something. Hey Crissy, you're a fuking punter, we don't give a rats ass about your opinions and no one else does either except the dopes that decided to put your opinion on the screen yesterday.. As for the HOF... lol,, YOU'RE FUKING PUNTERS...
    I'm not much of a Kluwe fan anymore either, but isn't that a bit harsh? Lets try to stick to talking about football.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #79
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm not much of a Kluwe fan anymore either, but isn't that a bit harsh? Lets try to stick to talking about football.
    Agreed....punters are football fans too.

  10. #80
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Spielman took over and announced his plan to go younger and build talent that will be here a while. A huge chance in direction from before. I think we can safely say that we have seen evidence of him following through on that plan. He wasn't perfect obviously - his free agency signings were HORRIBLE. But his draft was very, very good.
    I think in the 1st 2nd and 3rd round...you are supposed to hit. Your 2nd round pick is essentiaally a 1st rounder and your 3rd rounder is essentially a 2nd rounder. Sorry I can't give you too much credit for drafting the way he did. Smith was a very good move and worth of praise. The others.... not so much.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •