Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Yeah, having 5 highly contributing rookie players and 3 starters in one draft is a totally no-brain draft...everybody does it every year.

Your hate is so thick it's palpable.
    How much input did Frasier have in the draft?

I hope that he contributed. I am just saying that there has been a lot of smack talk about Frasier and Speilman for where we were at last year and where we are this season. I am saying that the team has gotten better through the efforts of both Coach and Speilman.

The real decision is what is done about Ponder for next season. It isn't a problem, it is more of a decision to be made.
    Last edited by snowinapril; 12-09-2012 at 11:46 PM.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    We should have won by more.

At least we won today.

I am rooting for a win first, then for AD to make his 138 yds per game to make 2000, and then finally making the playoffs. One game at a time!

Positives:
    Smith, J-Rob, Greenway, Winfield, Cutler's baby-like facial expressions, Wright, and of course AD.
    Actually, I will give some credit to Simpson and Jenkins for making a few receptions and not dropping the ball.

Negatives:
    Where was Kyle? Ponder throwing off his back foot = bad mechanics. There were more but I will stop here.

Positive overall but Negative today:
    Penalties! Seemed like we had more penalties today. Overall coming into today, we were the 3rd lowest penalized team in the NFL. That is a disciplined team and shows a sign of good coaching.
    Last edited by snowinapril; 12-09-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    People People People.....WE WON......I know some of you don't know it based on how much beeeeyyyyatching you are doing, but its the truth. WE DID.

People who struggled....Ponder - One bad throw and I still like that they took the deep shot. Opened things up underneath a bit which helped when it came to a point when we needed to convert 3rd downs via the passing game (7 of them by the way).

DL.....Cutler, behind a patched together OL had all day long behind that OL to make throws. Absolutely shameful that we left our DB's hung out there like that so many times. By the by, I counted 8 passing plays were the DBs should have been credited for a coverage sack only to wind up having a pass completed against them.

OL.....For the life of me I can't figure out why this OL does so good run blocking and can't provide a consistent pocket.

Things that went right.....

AD AD AD

DB's. I love the youngsters on the back end. They are getting better every game. Get some consistent pressure from our front 4 and we will continue to see poor throws land in their laps. Of course we did miss out on a few of those. Couple were a bit to far away, but at least 2 possibly 3 of them could have been had.

LB'rs. Chad was Chad....Erin had some nice moments and Jasper had a hell of a game.

Heck I even had a Kluwe sighting today.

On the end, we have a young team that played like a team that won a division game. We aren't the worst team in the league and with the right additions in the offseason, things will even be better next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Where was Kyle? Ponder throwing off his back foot = bad mechanics. There were more but I will stop here.
    Trying to help the OLmen keep off Ponder. Absolutely terrible how poor they are at pass blocking.

I sure would have liked to seen him have a clean pocket on that deep throw late in the second. Jarius was open behind the receivers.

Quick question for those that say he has a weak arm....He threw it with just his arm. Even though it was 3 or 4 yard short, you don't get it that deep with a weak arm.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    If I could have a shock collar on Ponder when he gets ready to throw off of his back foot I would have him whipped into playoff shape allready, lol.
    He doesn't throw off his back foot if he has a clean pocket.

This is a problem that will be solved with better OL play and a coach that will work with him so that he quits doing it.

Of course a couple of those throws were catch able if the WR would have come back to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Extremely fortunate to win today. The Bears outgained us almost 2 to 1 and if not for a dropped TD by Hester and the pics, we probably lose. Peterson was the key to winning, again. The defense was decent- holding the Bears to 14. Marshall ate us alive with 10 for 160. And we come to Ponder. I lose more faith every Sunday. The pic was an abomination. Aroomieshoes should have caught the TD but even it was underthrown. I'm happy we won but it was by no means a dominating performance- except by Peterson and the OL who blocked great for him. We could eke in, but TB, Washington, and Dallas winning hurt.
    That ball hit Orash right on the shoulder. You let any other receiver have a ball placed like that and they make that catch.

In the end, Ponder made a couple of bad throws but he did convert 7 first downs in the air and should have had at least one TD (Orash) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I didn't bother reading all the posts on this thread, but I am sure the following has been said multiple times. AD is a f'n beast, and Ponder is a f'n joke. The past 7 games, AD has rushed for more yards that Ponder has passed for. Not only all together, but in each game he has rushed for more yards than Ponder has passed for.

Seriously, Ponder can't get more than 100 yards when AD runs like this? What good is this piece of shit sorry ass excuse of a QB? Any other QB would be passing for big numbers when a defense is all in in trying to stop the run. I seriously don't know what blows my mind more, the fact that AD does what he does knowing damn well that every defense we face is dead set on doing one thing, stopping him, or the fact that Ponder, and this stupid ass OC we have can't get Ponder over 100 yards with 1 on 1 coverage all the time.

Seriously, why do the Vikings always screw up when picking a QB? While GB had Favre in his prime, and a very good Aaron Rodgers from that point on, and the Lions have Stafford, and the Bears have Cutler, the Vikings reach on a lousy nobody of a QB named T-Joke and if they didn't learn their lesson, they reach yet again on Ponder and look how that is turning out?

This team just doesn't get it. So Wilf hires Childress because he was the OC on a team that happened to put up a lot of yards and points, but obviously they didn't do their homework. Childress never called plays in Philly, he was a nobody before the Vikings hired him, and he is a nobody now. Then to top it off, they let Tomlin go, and he wins a SB almost instantly, while the Vikings struggled. Then they hire Frazier when they could have went after so many different
    coaches that would have been much better options. Plain and simple, the Wilf's know nothing about football, and it clearly shows by blowing money on useless coaches and players.

Yes the Vikings won, but all they did was screw themselves out of a better draft pick. We all know this team is not making the playoffs, they are simply not good enough to get there. Had it not been for AD, and 2 rookies, the Bears win this game with no problems. A NFL team can not win games consistently when their starting QB through 13 games has under 2100 yards on the season despite defenses loading up the box to stop the best RB in this league.

Ponder is a f'n joke, Frazier is a f'n joke, Musgrave is a f'n joke, and most of the players on this team are a f'n joke. We fans have to put up with this shit every year? It's getting rather old for me. Again, their win today only screwed them out of a better draft pick. They will not beat the Texans, and they won't beat the Packers, and at this point, its a tossup if they will beat the Rams. At the end of the day, this "win" may very well cost them a few spots in the upcoming draft, and unless they plan on getting rid of these lousy ass excuses for coaches and a QB, the draft won't matter one damn bit.
    LOL, so its all the QB's fault that he didn't put up 300 yards passing in a win. WOW.

Hell, sounds to me you wouldn't be happy unless we lost a few more games so we could have a higher pick in the draft.

Ever notice that teams that draft high all the time, draft high all the time? Ever wonder why teams like the Pats can trade out of the first (and in alot of instances the second) round and still win?

It isn't because of the picks, its because of who they have coaching those picks.

One thing I agree on, "Musgrave is a f'n joke"....Jettison his ass along with the QB coach, OL coach, and WR coach and then lets see how these kids mature.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yup, we had the 3rd overall pick. And do you know what we did with that pick? We traded DOWN to acquire additional picks and STILL got the guy we wanted. Do you know who we got with the extra picks we got for that #3? Jarius Wright. And oh yeah, that extra 4th rounder also allowed us to trade back up into the first round to get Smith.

There was a LOT of strategy and moving going on in this draft, and overall it was very good - not just in round 1, but in the whole draft. Take a look at everything that happened in this draft. Give Spielman some credit here, he didn't just wait for players to fall into his lap like you are suggesting. He worked this draft and did a damn good job.

1. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Cleveland in exchange of draft picks.
    1. ..... (B) MATT KALIL (4), T, USC. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.
    1. ..... (C) HARRISON SMITH (29), S, Notre Dame. Choice from Baltimore for 2 and 4A.
    2. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Baltimore for 1C
    3. ..... JOSH ROBINSON (66), CB, Central Florida
    4. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Baltimore for 1C
    4. ..... (B) JARIUS WRIGHT (118), WR, Arkansas. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.
    4. ..... (C) RHETT ELLISON (128), TE, USC. Compensatory Selection.
    4. ..... (D) GREG CHILDS, (134), WR, Arkansas. Compensatory Selection.
    5. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Detroit for 7C and 4th in 13
    5...... (B) ROBERT BLANTON (139), DB, Notre Dame. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.
    6. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Washington for D. McNabb
    6. ..... (B) BLAIR WALSH (175), K, Georgia. Choice from Cleveland in the Jayme Mitchell trade.
    7. ..... (A) AUDIE COLE (210), LB, NC State
    7. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Tennessee for 6th in 13. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.
    7. ..... (C) TREVOR GUYTON (219), DL, California. Choice from Detroit for 5A.
    7. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Detroit for 5A and 4th in 13. Choice from New England in the Randy Moss trade.

BTW, only Guyton and Childs are not on the active roster right now. 5 of those drafted are starting right now. Recognize success and give some credit where credit is due.
    When was the last time I told you how smart you are......Excellent post. By the way..... I'm loving what I'm seeing with Everson and Ballard of late. Mystral and Jamarca aren't doing to bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Defense won the game today. Peterson and therun blocking as well. Ponder contributed very little. At least he didn't do anything to lose the game.
    I thought Jasper had his best game ever, and it's nice to have some defensive backs that can actually catch a ball.
    Without those 7 first downs through the air we don't win that game. Especially the ones that came late in the game when they were stopping AD.

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I thought we were going to find a way to loose this game by leaving Ponder in. I have no confidence in him at this point ... that being said he made a couple of throws to get first downs. The D played great. AD is just amazing. Thought our secondary played well even though the Bears receivers got away with a lot of push offs. Thought Wright made a couple of plays as well as 84. Great win today.
    Old friend.....He's a second year QB with a OL that is shaky at best when it comes to pass protection and has a group of WR's that are crap.

With all that added together you are going to see moments that make you jump up with joy and jump up and down in disgust.

Given time and better weapons (I'm liking what little I've see of Jarius) and he will get better. Oh, and a better coach to teach him to quit doing dumb things.....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast