Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I thought we were going to find a way to loose this game by leaving Ponder in. I have no confidence in him at this point ... that being said he made a couple of throws to get first downs.
    That's just it, he'll have 1 or 2 plays a game where he looks like he has the stuff, but then he's just crap the rest of the game. He zinged in that nice pass to Jenkins for a first down, it was a little high and Jenkins made a nice catch, but I thought the ball was where it had to be and with enough velocity. Ponder was even smiling after the play, but then he went right back into his shell.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Defense won the game today. Peterson and therun blocking as well. Ponder contributed very little. At least he didn't do anything to lose the game.
    I thought Jasper had his best game ever, and it's nice to have some defensive backs that can actually catch a ball.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Great game.

Obviously the discussion is going to revolve around Ponder, so let's get that out of the way. Ponder was not horrible, but he was pretty bad again. With the way AP and the D played, I think we would have won that game regardless of who was under center. He was back to badly under throwing his deep receivers and putting so much rainbow on the ball that the secondary has way too much time to react.

Ponder, I needed you to be brilliant today to win me back, and you weren't even good. sigh.

On the plus side, Kalil, Wright and Smith impressed me AGAIN. Man, I am loving this year's draft class.

What was up with Walsh's kickoffs today? They were not his normal 8 yards deep. Wonder if his leg is getting tired - hitting the kicker rookie wall. Not too concerned.

We are still in the playoff hunt my friends. As crazy as it seems.

And yet most people are pining for Spielman to be shit canned.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Not just him...the entire Bears WR's got away with it. We should of told our WR's to push the DB's to the ground and forced the issue. It's much easier to complete a pass when you're allowed to push off.
    Indeed, it wasn't just Marshall. I remember that dropped TD to Jeffery, he pushed off on that play too. Maybe it's common and we're just not used to seeing physical receivers.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Great game.

Obviously the discussion is going to revolve around Ponder, so let's get that out of the way. Ponder was not horrible, but he was pretty bad again. With the way AP and the D played, I think we would have won that game regardless of who was under center. He was back to badly under throwing his deep receivers and putting so much rainbow on the ball that the secondary has way too much time to react.

Ponder, I needed you to be brilliant today to win me back, and you weren't even good. sigh.
    Well Ponder did have a Jackson moment -jump pass
    and a Favre moment- throw accross the body pick.....don't think those and another sub 100 yard passing game will unit the purple fan base behind him

On the plus side, Kalil, Wright and Smith impressed me AGAIN. Man, I am loving this year's draft class.
    I'd like to add Josh Robinson to the list as well with his pick and his coverage was decent with the contact the Jeffery and Marshall were getting away with from time to time....even with out a push those 2 guys made some great catches with the tight coverage

We are still in the playoff hunt my friends. As crazy as it seems.
    Yeah we're still hunting but we still keep shooting ourself in the foot with penalties and in the face with turnovers and......we need some good firearm safety lessons and a couple of crack shots on offense

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    I have a man crush on Harrison Smith.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I'd like to add Josh Robinson to the list as well with his pick and his coverage was decent with the contact the Jeffery and Marshall were getting away with from time to time....even with out a push those 2 guys made some great catches with the tight coverage
    Agreed. I don't know why I left him off that list. Ellison is not disappointing me either.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    And yet most people are pining for Spielman to be shit canned.
    We had the 3rd overall pick. He should easily have hit on 2 picks. He drafted the best LT...billiant. He traded up to draft another 1st rounder....brilliant.... It's not hard to do with the 3rd pick in every round. Come on man. It's not like we were drafting 27ths and he walked away with studs. We drafted 3rd overall.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Ponder was, again, just plain bad. Game was won by Peterson and the defense. Good thing the one INT was returned for a TD or they might still be playin'.
    With just some half-decent QB play, they coulda won 2 outta 3 in this critical stretch. Oh well...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We had the 3rd overall pick. He should easily have hit on 2 picks. He drafted the best LT...billiant. He traded up to draft another 1st rounder....brilliant.... It's not hard to do with the 3rd pick in every round. Come on man. It's not like we were drafting 27ths and he walked away with studs. We drafted 3rd overall.
    Troy Williamson and Erasmus James.....2 first round picks, you could even roll in Marcus johnson, 3 players drafted in the first 50 players in the 05 draft and none had a meaningful career as a starter, I wouldn't say the draft is full of no brainers but there are drafts that look like they were drafted by the brainless

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast