Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised by this team. I had no inkling that the Vikings would be flirting with a .500 season at all back in August. Their record has been a surprise. Peterson's recovery from injury has been nothing short of miraculous. The simple fact that they have a legitimate shot at the playoffs is unbelievable.
    +1
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I recall one play Marshall knocked the corner down right in front of the official and didn't get called.
    This after Marshall had pushed off for a interference called against Minnesota (crazy call) in Chicago just two weeks ago - which the Vikings sent to the league office with a note I am sure.

It is illegal play. Defenders have position, and Marshall just pushes the defenders out of the way. It is a lot like the league allowed with Michael Irvin in Dallas years ago.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    As bad as the passing game is it's still nice to eke out a win. I just think Ponder needs to be more confident in himself as he seemed to be in the first part of the season. I'm not sure if his play this season has been due to lack of talent or just is given a conservative playbook by the coaching staff. Either way there is no way we can simply rely on Peterson to have 200+ yards and two scores and make the playoffs. Am I the only one worried/concerned by Peterson having TOO MANY carries in that perhaps we could be overworking him and shortening his career? I love AP and all but I want him to be healthy and productive for a few more years.

Great game by Harrison Smith. Hope Jefferson is okay with that shot he took. Nice job the the defensive line putting pressure on Cutler.

Overall not a pretty win but one that many analysts didn't think we could win. Ponder definitely needs to put on his big boy pants next week and get some confidence and make some better reads/throws.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    What was up with Walsh's kickoffs today? They were not his normal 8 yards deep. Wonder if his leg is getting tired - hitting the kicker rookie wall. Not too concerned.
    It may be a play for hang time. If too many three or four yard deep balls are coming out because he is outkicking coverage, the coaches may want him to push the kicks higher to allow the coverage team to get under the ball. With no wind at his back, that would be my best guess.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    And why did we keep punting to Hester in the middle of the field? We punted to him 4 times in the middle of the field where he had plenty of room to work. It's almost as if we were daring him to burn us again in a close game. I know our punt coverage has been fantastic this year, and Hester isn't his old self, but how stupid can we be?

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    And why did we keep punting to Hester in the middle of the field? We punted to him 4 times in the middle of the field where he had plenty of room to work. It's almost as if we were daring him to burn us again in a close game. I know our punt coverage has been fantastic this year, and Hester isn't his old self, but how stupid can we be?
    Hester really sucks this year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Ponder is not playing much worse than Cutler, Gabbert, Locker, or Weeden on paper. He is not playing much worse than high picks Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, or Luck either.
    Ahhh come on, on paper those guys aren't throwing for under 100 yards every other game. Cutler looks very confident behind his line. At times he even looked like a point guard directing traffic during the play. Luck also look confident and he keeps putting up big numbers. He has a lot of picks, but is capable of putting up 400 yards. I agree with you on Sanchez though, and possibly Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Hester really sucks this year.
    Yes, but it only takes 1 return and we're probably here talking about a loss. I just don't like how it seemed like we were playing with fire.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I thought we were going to find a way to loose this game by leaving Ponder in. I have no confidence in him at this point ... that being said he made a couple of throws to get first downs. The D played great. AD is just amazing. Thought our secondary played well even though the Bears receivers got away with a lot of push offs. Thought Wright made a couple of plays as well as 84. Great win today.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Another sub 100 yards for Ponder. He can't keep relying on AP to rush for 150+. And was it just me or did Marshall get away with about 4 or 5 push offs today?
    Not just him...the entire Bears WR's got away with it. We should of told our WR's to push the DB's to the ground and forced the issue. It's much easier to complete a pass when you're allowed to push off.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast