Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Key word "IF"....

We did not win a Super Bowl 20 years ago, nor have we ever... I do not argue in hypotheticals anymore, not since I was 8.
    Good to see you draw a line somewhere. Generalities, name calling, insults, empty statements with no content are all fine....hypotheticals, not gonna do it. Engaging in a real conversation, what's the fun in that.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Good to see you draw a line somewhere. Generalities, name calling, insults, empty statements with no content are all fine....hypotheticals, not gonna do it. Engaging in a real conversation, what's the fun in that.
    And what's real about "If the Vikings won a Super Bowl 20 years ago..."

Instead, just insult the people who are demanding a Super Bowl. I guess that makes sense to you? Huh... interesting.

Regardless, this franchise isn't winning anything significant with the current GM/owner/HC. Not really concerned about talking about whether Jerome Simpson or Jarius Wright are to blame about getting open... the fact that those are our #1 and #2 passing options is laughable... not to mention the QB position, which everyone knew would end-up a bust (and I don't mean in Canton).

But anywhoo, go on insulting the people who want the Vikes to win a championship. I suppose we should just be happy to have a football team, right?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    And what's real about "If the Vikings won a Super Bowl 20 years ago..."

Instead, just insult the people who are demanding a Super Bowl. I guess that makes sense to you? Huh... interesting.

Regardless, this franchise isn't winning anything significant with the current GM/owner/HC. Not really concerned about talking about whether Jerome Simpson or Jarius Wright are to blame about getting open... the fact that those are our #1 and #2 passing options is laughable... not to mention the QB position, which everyone knew would end-up a bust (and I don't mean in Canton).

But anywhoo, go on insulting the people who want the Vikes to win a championship. I suppose we should just be happy to have a football team, right?
    Holy redirect Batman.

I don't remember insulting anyone, but nice twist. Also like your attempt to put the "demanding a championship" fans into a separate category that I obviously don't belong in.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Dude, would you know if you are being irrational? Okay, that's a question you can't answer.

Accepting nothing but perfection, is pretty much the definition of a fan, all I'm trying to say. Some apparently are much more emotional than others, but I love to see the passion either way. Not saying you can't hate on Ponder, Spielman, the WR's, the DL, the LT,... all you want. Keep plugging away. But you should recognize that you are just another poster on this site like myself that has only opinions to offer. Don't be put off if everyone doesn't see things the same way you do. Who knows, you might just have a few things wrong...it is possible.
    I don't expect perfection. I expect common sense. You and others can sit an pretend you don't see the sub 100 yard games, the lack of accuracy, the ill advised INTs, the poor decision making, and keep cheering. Fact is we are sub par at the most important position in football. This isnt a bad kicker, its a bad QB and its been bad for years. So excuse me for being sick of not having a QB that can throw for 200 yards. Last game, they hid Ponder the best they could and gave Peterson 30+ carries. Even that wasn't enough as the jackass still threw a pick and still got booed!!!! They tried to hide him. Is that what he have become? Is that exceptable? When did that become ok? No one was taking Ponder where he went. No one, that's apparent to me. Good College QB... Terrible Pro

1. We drafted a TE with the our 2nd pick last season. Why would you sign another TE to a 5 year 25 million dollar deal. Do you realize thats a little off from Davis, and the guy from New England money?
    2. We go bargain basement with WRs selection again. 5th round or lower = check. Known for drops and disappearing at times = check.

3. Common sense would say... if you have an elite QB you can dumbster dive for WRs... but if you have a bad QB. Which Ponder is, you have to supply him with elite talent.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I don't expect perfection. I expect common sense. You and others can sit an pretend you don't see the sub 100 yard games, the lack of accuracy, the ill advised INTs, the poor decision making, and keep cheering. Fact is we are sub par at the most important position in football. This isnt a bad kicker, its a bad QB and its been bad for years. So excuse me for being sick of not having a QB that can throw for 200 yards. Last game, they hid Ponder the best they could and gave Peterson 30+ carries. Even that wasn't enough as the jackass still threw a pick and still got booed!!!! They tried to hide him. Is that what he have become? Is that exceptable? When did that become ok? No one was taking Ponder where he went. No one, that's apparent to me. Good College QB... Terrible Pro

1. We drafted a TE with the our 2nd pick last season. Why would you sign another TE to a 5 year 25 million dollar deal. Do you realize thats a little off from Davis, and the guy from New England money?
    2. We go bargain basement with WRs selection again. 5th round or lower = check. Known for drops and disappearing at times = check.

3. Common sense would say... if you have an elite QB you can dumbster dive for WRs... but if you have a bad QB. Which Ponder is, you have to supply him with elite talent.
    100% agree. "Dumpster dive" is a good way to describe our WR corps.

The signing of John Carlson might be the single worst FA signing I've ever seen. It should be a fireable offense by itself.

100% agree. "Dumpster dive" is a good way to describe our WR corps.

The signing of John Carlson might be the single worst FA signing I've ever seen. It should be a fireable offense by itself.
    2010 Seattle Seahawks 15 31 318 1
    2009 Seattle Seahawks 16 51 574 7
    2008 Seattle Seahawks 16 55 627 5

had a decent Rookie season as the only target on a bad seahawks team. Had an ok 2nd season. Lost his starting job the following season and we decide to pay him like a 1000 yard a season TE. Fucking stupid.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    2010 Seattle Seahawks 15 31 318 1
    2009 Seattle Seahawks 16 51 574 7
    2008 Seattle Seahawks 16 55 627 5

had a decent Rookie season as the only target on a bad seahawks team. Had an ok 2nd season. Lost his starting job the following season and we decide to pay him like a 1000 yard a season TE. Fucking stupid.
    Yeah I have no idea what he was thinking signing Carlson period.. then you add the money on top of it and you would assume Carlson has compromising pictures of Spielman or WIlf... Simply mind boggling to give him all that money with his injury history and lack of productivity... Spielman obviously has a thing for ND players...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Yeah I have no idea what he was thinking signing Carlson period.. then you add the money on top of it and you would assume Carlson has compromising pictures of Spielman or WIlf... Simply mind boggling to give him all that money with his injury history and lack of productivity... Spielman obviously has a thing for ND players...
    I think Spielman was trying to imitate the Gronkowski-Hernandez TE duo that the Patriots use... but Spielman needs to realize that Carlson isn't half the player either of those guys are.

He also needs to realize that he himself is unable to evaluate talent due to his lack of understanding of the game. Just look at his miserable resume, it speaks for itself.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 12-10-2012 at 02:54 PM.

I think Spielman was trying to imitate the Gronkowski-Hernandez TE duo that the Patriots use... but Spielman needs to realize that Carlson isn't half the player either of those guys are.

He also needs to realize that he himself is unable to evaluate talent due to his lack of understanding of the game. Just look at his miserable resume, it speaks for itself.
    Get a QB first. that's 3-4 million of dead cap per season. You could add that to lets say 4 million and sign a WR you would want for 7 million a season. Instead, dumper diving! Then there is all the talk that the Chiefs wanted Carlson, might be but they have a talented 2nd year TE already. No one was paying 25 million for Carlson.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast