Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Official Bears vs. Vikings postgame discussion

AP is a beast. The defense came to play. Ponder was underwhelming.

Discuss.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Looks like we drop another spot in next years draft.

WWBGD

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Another sub 100 yards for Ponder. He can't keep relying on AP to rush for 150+. And was it just me or did Marshall get away with about 4 or 5 push offs today?

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Vikings get a win, but Ponder has shown nothing once again. The Vikings will play this string out, and most of the personnel will be back next season, but they will be no better because of it.

This is so dissapointing to watch every week. Win or lose, we get nothing from the passing game. It takes so much away from the rest of the performance when Ponder constantly makes poor throws/reads/play action fakes/pocket decisions etc. It would be one thing if he was boring and safe. But not being able to convert anything in the pass game is just as bad as a turnover in my eyes. Give me someone who is capable of big plays to compliment this amazing run game please!

Blog Entries
    Great game.

Obviously the discussion is going to revolve around Ponder, so let's get that out of the way. Ponder was not horrible, but he was pretty bad again. With the way AP and the D played, I think we would have won that game regardless of who was under center. He was back to badly under throwing his deep receivers and putting so much rainbow on the ball that the secondary has way too much time to react.

Ponder, I needed you to be brilliant today to win me back, and you weren't even good. sigh.

On the plus side, Kalil, Wright and Smith impressed me AGAIN. Man, I am loving this year's draft class.

What was up with Walsh's kickoffs today? They were not his normal 8 yards deep. Wonder if his leg is getting tired - hitting the kicker rookie wall. Not too concerned.

We are still in the playoff hunt my friends. As crazy as it seems.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Another sub 100 yards for Ponder. He can't keep relying on AP to rush for 150+. And was it just me or did Marshall get away with about 4 or 5 push offs today?
    Yes. The bears receivers were pushing off all day and it was never called.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Why not. Everyone is expecting AD to run for 150 ypg now.

I recall one play Marshall knocked the corner down right in front of the official and didn't get called.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 12-09-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

purplejokr is offline Rookie
    I am pleasantly surprised by this team. I had no inkling that the Vikings would be flirting with a .500 season at all back in August. Their record has been a surprise. Peterson's recovery from injury has been nothing short of miraculous. The simple fact that they have a legitimate shot at the playoffs is unbelievable.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Ponder is not playing much worse than Cutler, Gabbert, Locker, or Weeden on paper. He is not playing much worse than high picks Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, or Luck either.

The problem is that most of Ponder's stats all came against poor teams early on. The NFL now has him figured out, and without superYAC from Percy Harvin, Ponder has not had the ability to get the ball downfield. It is so hard to watch how poorly Ponder has played in both wins and losses.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast