Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Official BAN hanefee and hovan thread

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Packman, I agree the comments are out of line, but I don't know if banning them is appropriate.

I remember when VATW was talking some pretty classless smack, and finally, the rest of the Viking fans got on him and he slinked away for a while. You can't supress free speech, but you're more than welcome to judge against the person speaking it.

Personally, I think it's been responded to pretty clearly and quickly by the rest of the PP'ers. hovan is a veteran I've grown to respect, but who probably should know better than to chime in on this line. The other two are nameless newbies who will disappear from the boards in a couple of weeks, never to be heard from again.

At the very least, we should wait until we actually KNOW what his injury is. It would be a pretty sickening feeling to find out he's paralyzed and you were celebrating the hit like it was the WWE.
    Los, you know I would never condone such a thing. And if anyone looks at my posts they will see I never "celebrated" the hit or the injury.

The game is football. After seeing the replay it clearly looked blatent. At regular game speed it looked like he stuck his arm out to make contact as his body was moving away. If anything...the league should lay down stricter game time penalties than 15 yards.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

McViking is offline Rookie

"hovan" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Packman, I agree the comments are out of line, but I don't know if banning them is appropriate.

I remember when VATW was talking some pretty classless smack, and finally, the rest of the Viking fans got on him and he slinked away for a while. You can't supress free speech, but you're more than welcome to judge against the person speaking it.

Personally, I think it's been responded to pretty clearly and quickly by the rest of the PP'ers. hovan is a veteran I've grown to respect, but who probably should know better than to chime in on this line. The other two are nameless newbies who will disappear from the boards in a couple of weeks, never to be heard from again.

At the very least, we should wait until we actually KNOW what his injury is. It would be a pretty sickening feeling to find out he's paralyzed and you were celebrating the hit like it was the WWE.
    Los, you know I would never condone such a thing. And if anyone looks at my posts they will see I never "celebrated" the hit or the injury.

The game is football. After seeing the replay it clearly looked blatent. At regular game speed it looked like he stuck his arm out to make contact as his body was moving away. If anything...the league should lay down stricter game time penalties than 15 yards.
    Couldn't agree more

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

"hovan" wrote:
    If anything...the league should lay down stricter game time penalties than 15 yards.
    They have...the ejection.

"PhxFan" wrote:
    "hovan" wrote:
    If anything...the league should lay down stricter game time penalties than 15 yards.
    Something that would hurt the team, not just the player. The key would be to introduce something that would make the player feel like he has let his teammates down and not just himself

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"PhxFan" wrote:
    "hovan" wrote:
    Yeah, but I think their should be a bigger penalty on the game than just ejecting the player and walking of 15 yards. I mean they give out 15 yard penalties for jumping into the stands to celebrate or squirting water on a ref. ANd what is to stop a team from sending a scrub onto the field to take out a QB or primetime player only to get a 15 yard penalty?
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

"McViking" wrote:
    "PhxFan" wrote:
    "hovan" wrote:
    Something that would hurt the team, not just the player. The key would be to introduce something that would make the player feel like he has let his teammates down and not just himself
    This should do...

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I bet Darius will be suspended for at least a game.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

When someone committed a bad foul in our 5-a-side friendly soccer games, he'd have to stand perfectly still while someone kicked the ball directly at his balls. Could work in the NFL...

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"McViking" wrote:
    When someone committed a bad foul in our 5-a-side friendly soccer games, he'd have to stand perfectly still while someone kicked the ball directly at his balls. Could work in the NFL...
    LMAO, they could have favre line up to throw the ball at people, in that case i would at least wear a protective cup.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Haneef87" wrote:
    "hanefee." Just another example of an illiterate inbred packer hick
    Good comeback jack! I hope you are better than that if you want to survive here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast