Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Re: The Offical I HATE MICHAEL BENNETT Topic

Bennet was playing yesterday because Mewelde has a sparined wrist and would have had to carry the ball in one hand the whole day.

Nice to know that some of us have no support for the backup running back simply because he is not as good as the starter. And with the O-line playing like even Moore wouldn't have been able to break the 50 yard mark.

Geez...
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

It doesn't matter to me who starts only how they produce. I don't see a problem with using both. I'm all for what works, dump the standard protocols of having a starter and a backup. jmhgo.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Star Trib Article:

Less Moore: Concerned that Mewelde Moore was too worried about his sprained right wrist, Tice limited his starting running back to punt returns. Moore returned a punt 71 yards for a touchdown, but he did not play a snap on offense.

Michael Bennett, who rushed for 106 yards last week against Detroit, started and played nearly the entire game. But he gained just 19 yards on 16 carries, with a long run of 8 yards.

Bennett also caught six passes for 11 yards.

Bennett could not get much against the Giants' ninth-ranked run defense.

"They came out very physical up front," Bennett said. "We knew that coming in.

"I never got frustrated. We were waiting and waiting and hoping we could make the big play sooner or later. We weren't able to execute too much. But we were able to execute enough at the end."

Bennett, though, did commit the offense's only turnover. But the Giants turned the ball back over on the ensuing series.

"I had the ball low. Then when I came up, I bumped it out myself," Bennett said.
    Just be glad he had a great game for us last week and we won this week.

The Giants have held their opponents running games in check for the most part this season.

K-Robbing18 is offline Rookie

I thought Most of the blame should be on the O-Line, we werent getting a pushed, and they had the outside on lockdown. bennet likes to strech his runs and Moore is more of running right up the gut.
    But yeah i still like Bennet, he is a good player to spice up the Running game, but Moore is our starter, and His hand had to be hurting, did you notice he was carrying the ball in the opposite hand, You put him in the game on Sunday and we coulda had some Fumbles, we need him to be 100%, becuz with brads passing game, he is now our Biggest threat for out Offensive.

Yeah thats right, me with probably the onlu K-ROB jersey Autograph, and Nate "the great" Burleson

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah I don't really care who starts.. Doesn't matter.. Both don't impress me..

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I guess that's the beauty of a message forum, people get to vent their frustrations too, only natural that would happen. Watching Bennett can be just that, frustrating, since he can be pretty inconsistent, you have faith but that can only be kept for so long.. Moore may have his flaws too.. but he's still young and could improve. I don't know if he would have done much better yesterday.. but I don't think it would have hurt to give him a few carries here and there (if he can play thru some pain by returning punts.. why not) with Michael still getting the bulk of the carries.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I don't know if Shaun Alexander coulda ran behind our O-Line....he probably did the smart thing by staying in Seattle...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Moore is being hyped because of the hate people have come to feel towards Bennett. MM has been injury prone as well, so far his track record isn't looking like anything to brag about.

If the Vikes wanted to be serious about the run game they should have made an offer to a good RB in the offseason. One of those guys that everyone said was old and washed up that are tearing up the league once again.
    Oh, you mean the Edge and Alexander....yeah, whoever said NO about bringing them to Minny was stupid....I wish the Vikes woulda did something cuz those guys are doing awesome, as they always do!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The best thing about really not caring who starts is watching you guys beeyatch back and forth every week.

Memo has one good game then all week it's Memo is great he is the man, then next week he has a hard week and Bennett steps up and does good and all the Bennett fans start cheering.

Each side is hoping for the other to fail. Waiting to look at the stat trcker and say HAHAHAH SEE I TOLD YOU SO.

Fact of the matter is this, if either of them were worth a gol 'darnit there would be no question. Now weather you believe they are struggling because of the line, or because they just dont have what it takes is your own decision. One week does not a season make, and everybody is buying into the hype and riding the rollercoaster every week trying to gain an edge.

Neither of these guys get the job done.
    Disagree & agree with you on that one Del. I would say neither of these guys get the job done consistently on a week to week basis, but they have had a game or two where they ran well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

I am not on the Bennett bandwagon but I am not off of it either. I think that his lack of prodution has alot to do with the O-Line not getting it done. But also from what I have observed is that he hits the hole (when it's there) like a 6 year old girl with a sunflower dress on (no offense ladies). I just think he is tenative around the line of scrimage, so if there is a hole that the O-Line has created by the time he pulls up his skirt and swings his purse, a linebacker or saftey has stepped up and filled the gap, and then he trys to dance around the guy. I would just like to see him run more aggresivly around the point of attach. Did anyone watch the Sunday night game?? Reuben Droughns didn't F- around when it came time to get to a hole or knocking someone on there a$$, thats more of what I'd like to see. Just my thought.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast