Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Offical I HATE MICHAEL BENNETT Topic

It was the D that was stopping the run. Our line block well against DET and we were running well. This week we go up against a D that was trying to make us beat them with the pass, knowing brad is in there, and that we haven't had a lot of success.

There is no reason to hate Bennett, there wasn't a single back that was going to get yards on any of those plays, not Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, E.Smith, or LT. OK, maybe they would have gotten a few more yards, but point is, it was tough running against the Giants.

I don't have the game taped this week, so I can't go back and look, but I don't remember seeing wholes to run through.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Moore is our back for now.. But he isn't great.. I would look into getting Maroney

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Moore is our back for now.. But he isn't great.. I would look into getting Maroney
    I don't know about Maroney the Gophers third string back put 200 yards up with their O-line I wish ours was that good.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

He can get better, more so once he becomes a better blocker as well. But he has potential imo.

M_Vike1970 is offline Waterboy

Maroney could have huge potential!

ALSO, I am not talking about Bennett just from the Giants game. I am talking about his as a player over the past 2 or 3 years. Injury prone and ineffective. Look at his stats overall this year. I really don't get how you guys can back him up so much. Big deal, he had a good game against who? The Lions...... Sure the Giants have a great run defense but YOU CANNOT AVERAGE .6 YARDS A CARRY!

bennett is in my dog house for good

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah im not really defending him.. Just saying Moore wouldn't have done anything either.. Maroney could possibly.. I don't know if its just the Gopher line or not.. He has the tools to be great that's for sure

Del Rio Guest

Moore is being hyped because of the hate people have come to feel towards Bennett. MM has been injury prone as well, so far his track record isn't looking like anything to brag about.

If the Vikes wanted to be serious about the run game they should have made an offer to a good RB in the offseason. One of those guys that everyone said was old and washed up that are tearing up the league once again.

Prophet Guest

This topic really surprises me :roll: . What has the Jints D given up to RBs this season?

Week 1: 20 yds
    Week 2: 62 yds
    Week 3: 257 yds
    Week 4: 32 yds
    Week 5: BYE
    Week 6: 90 yds
    Week 7: 180 yds
    Week 8: 32 yds
    Week 9: 52 yds
    Week 10: 16 yds

They have only allowed two 100 yd RB rushing games this season. One to Tomlinson and one to Anderson. Their average yards allowed in rushing for the season is 82 yds a game. You take out the two outliers against the Chargers and Broncos and the average yards given up to RBs is 43 yds/game. The Jints D has been playing tough against the run all year.

Yes, MB getting 16 yds in 19 carries is nothing to write home about. He has had two ~20 carry games this season and did well in one of them and did poorly on his second go around against a tough run D. Many of his carries were broken plays where he was swarmed and I don't even think Walter Payton would have gained much more in those plays.

Yes, Bennett is a question mark, especially with our current coaching staff's ability to utilize the talent we have. His fumble was painful. The Vikes really need a feature back and neither MeMo nor MB are better than average at best.

Del Rio Guest

The best thing about really not caring who starts is watching you guys bitch back and forth every week.

Memo has one good game then all week it's Memo is great he is the man, then next week he has a hard week and Bennett steps up and does good and all the Bennett fans start cheering.

Each side is hoping for the other to fail. Waiting to look at the stat trcker and say HAHAHAH SEE I TOLD YOU SO.

Fact of the matter is this, if either of them were worth a damn there would be no question. Now weather you believe they are struggling because of the line, or because they just dont have what it takes is your own decision. One week does not a season make, and everybody is buying into the hype and riding the rollercoaster every week trying to gain an edge.

Neither of these guys get the job done.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

I was listening to the game via NFL field pass, and the announcers calling the game kept saying that Bennett was spending too much time trying to do a stutter-step move instead of just following the play and running for daylight.

Also, that we were running from side to side instead of up the gut, which was the weak spot. The Giants linebackers are too quick and reactive for that kind of play. Not Bennett's fault, of course, but he didn't help his cause with his style of running.

A north to south runner with little to no finesse might be what we need. Would Moore or Fason be better suited for that role?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast