Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offensive POW

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Offensive POW

man i thought culpepper was a lock for the NFL's offensive player of the week award. apparently not.

slapped c-pep in the face and turned around and gave it to tim rattay!!!

tim rattay
    Rattay led the 49ers to a come-from-behind 31-28 overtime win against the Arizona Cardinals, helping San Francisco overcome a 16-point fourth-quarter deficit en route to its first win of the season. Rattay posted a franchise-record 38 completions -- besting Joe Montana's 37 vs. Atlanta on Nov. 6, 1985 -- and passed for a 2004 season-high 417 yards with two touchdowns. He did not throw an interception in 57 attempts and posted a 99.8 passer rating. Trailing 28-12 with 8:19 remaining, Rattay led the 49ers to a pair of touchdown drives, capping each with a two-point conversion to force overtime.

daunte culpepper
    Minnesota quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who completed 36 of 50 attempts for 396 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions, posting a 128.4 passer rating in a 34-28 overtime win over Houston.

maybe there's a rule that a certain player can't win it more than a certain amount of times because i honestly believe culpepper deserved it. dante hall won it a handful of times a while back, why can't daunte?

damn it all!!

by the way, mewelde moore and marcus robinson were also nominated for offensive POW.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Offensive POW

That is BS, CPep should have won it by far!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Offensive POW

hmmm more yds and 3 more tds and a better pct. sounds like a buncha crap to me

the public disagrees

tim rat-tea wasn't even in the running
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Offensive POW

Kudos to Rattay, but more of the credit should be given to the Cardinals D...or lack of it. They had that game locked and blew it.
    DC was desrving, hard to argue with Rattays numbers, but more to it than that. :angryfire:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Offensive POW

That stinks! Rattey??? One good game, against the Dennis Green led Cards! That's garbage!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Offensive POW

I've said it a million times before and I will say it again. The media HATES MN sports. There is no doubt Daunte should have it, he got us 34 points. I am guessing they took it from him because of the comeback that almost happened, but that is BS because he had nothing AT ALL to do with it. Once again, I HATE THE MEDIA!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Offensive POW

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    I've said it a million times before and I will say it again. The media HATES MN sports. There is no doubt Daunte should have it, he got us 34 points. I am guessing they took it from him because of the comeback that almost happened, but that is BS because he had nothing AT ALL to do with it. Once again, I HATE THE MEDIA!
    True that, K40!!! Rat-fey had a good game, but not 5 TDs!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Offensive POW

I believe they want to spread the wealth and i guess not overate cully even though hes doing a hell of a job. :shock:

5 tds and no award? WTF!

This should make cully pissed thus bringing an even better performance against the weak saints d. Maybe this time he'll get like six or seven tds passing or just combined. :lol:

He surely got robbed though.

However on the bright side i know he won the fed ex air award of the week though.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Offensive POW

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Great Post and true fact when the Vikes win the SB they proably won't even write about it.... or they will put something like Team X was defeated by a team from the central part of the USA....I am with U K40 what a bunch of crap Daunte by far rated the award then M&M :scratch:

Thanks peper on moss for the thread :salute:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Ryno is offline Rookie

Offensive POW

Congrats to Rattboy, because this will be the first and last time he ever gets a player of the week award!

Duante had 3 more TD's than him, which makes all of this a crock of shite anyway imo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast